Help: Blackvue Dash Cam 2 Channel Set up

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-18, 07:42 PM
alphie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Blackvue Dash Cam 2 Channel Set up

Hi everyone.

So I just ordered a BlackVue dr750s-2CH w/ the magic pro(hardwire) and would like some help setting it up and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this. I'm trying to hardwire it so it runs 24/7 even when the car is off.

I know there is a fusebox right under the driver side steering wheel and wondering which two fuse taps I should use and where I should ground it.

Please let me know if anyone knows or if theres already a thread about this. Thanks in advanced!
Old 06-07-18, 08:54 PM
Jay89
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/721380-diy-radar-detector-and-blackvue-camera-installation.html

I followed that for my install. You should get a battery pack if you want it to run long term, and still be able to start the car after. The link is under the DIY sticky
Old 06-08-18, 06:54 AM
tabjohitol
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I used the dome light for the constant power and the radio for switched power using the included fuse taps. For ground I used one of the bolts off to left of the fuse box. I don't think I have a picture but I can try to take one later. I have the power magic pro set to not go below 12V and in parking mode with the right sensitivity settings have recorded activity throughout the day without the Blackvue shutting off (but I also drive the car daily so car battery is constantly charged). If all is working correctly, the power magic pro will cut off before it goes below your voltage threshold shutting down your camera, and unless something else is drawing power to the point it drains your battery you shouldn't have a problem starting your car. I've left my car at the airport for a week and half and didn't have an issue (blackvue didn't record that long of course).

Just slight piece of advice, after your initial install you may come to believe that your power magic pro is broken. Just drive the car around and get the battery charged up, it may be that the voltage is too low because you spent the time installing with the interior lights, radio, etc. on. The installation instructions may actually say something about this, but who reads those amirite? Good luck!

Last edited by tabjohitol; 06-08-18 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-09-18, 03:05 PM
tabjohitol
Rookie

Not my pic, but I used the same bolt for ground.

Old 11-12-18, 01:13 PM
RX711
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tabjohitol
I used the dome light for the constant power and the radio for switched power using the included fuse taps. For ground I used one of the bolts off to left of the fuse box. I don't think I have a picture but I can try to take one later. I have the power magic pro set to not go below 12V and in parking mode with the right sensitivity settings have recorded activity throughout the day without the Blackvue shutting off (but I also drive the car daily so car battery is constantly charged). If all is working correctly, the power magic pro will cut off before it goes below your voltage threshold shutting down your camera, and unless something else is drawing power to the point it drains your battery you shouldn't have a problem starting your car. I've left my car at the airport for a week and half and didn't have an issue (blackvue didn't record that long of course).

Just slight piece of advice, after your initial install you may come to believe that your power magic pro is broken. Just drive the car around and get the battery charged up, it may be that the voltage is too low because you spent the time installing with the interior lights, radio, etc. on. The installation instructions may actually say something about this, but who reads those amirite? Good luck!
Where you able to get the cover back on?
Old 11-12-18, 01:48 PM
tabjohitol
Rookie

No, unfortunately the cover has to stay off to use the fuse taps.