What's going to be your next car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-18, 07:04 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,897 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Originally Posted by gianttama
Reason I'm interested in the g70 is its price point. Would love the gsf or isf but those are over what I could afford
If I had about $20k more in my budget for my next car, I'd consider a GS F as well. Seems like you get a relatively practical vehicle that's also fun, as opposed the RC F, which is smaller and has fewer doors. However I think the RC F is a much better value, if you just want the performance and reliability. Of course, there are much better-performing vehicles than both at lower prices.
Old 04-15-18, 07:08 AM
DDMIS3F
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty much set on getting an RC-F or GS-F next, though, the G70 looks great and offers many options at a competitive price point. Hyundai has come a long way in the last few years!
Old 04-15-18, 07:13 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

I just realized I forgot one from my list. I am also going to consider the Audi S4 and S5 Sportback. I think for the money, they seem appealing. I just have to decide if I am okay with having a FWD-based platform in my sport sedan... But, I did a build of the S4 recently, including Virtual Cockpit and the dynamic rear diff, as well as some other options (not fully loaded, but nearly), and it was surprisingly still within my budget, if a bit on the high end.
Old 04-15-18, 07:20 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

LOL aahil i like funny people hahahha
Old 04-15-18, 07:30 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
I just realized I forgot one from my list. I am also going to consider the Audi S4 and S5 Sportback. I think for the money, they seem appealing. I just have to decide if I am okay with having a FWD-based platform in my sport sedan... But, I did a build of the S4 recently, including Virtual Cockpit and the dynamic rear diff, as well as some other options (not fully loaded, but nearly), and it was surprisingly still within my budget, if a bit on the high end.
It's FWD based sorta but has a transverse lay out of the engine like a RWD vehicle. Also, the AWD is setup 40:60 so it feels more like a RWD with AWD vs a FWD based AWD system...well supposedly. It's supremely capable and would probably easily outhandle an IS...just the IS would feel better dynamically. Although these days, even a BMW doesn't feel like a BMW so we'll see if the next gen IS can keep up the dynamics intact.
The following users liked this post:
arentz07 (04-15-18)
Old 04-15-18, 07:47 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by gianttama
Reason I'm interested in the g70 is its price point. Would love the gsf or isf but those are over what I could afford
have you thought of 2018 Toyota Camry XSE V6 bro ? a price that you can get everything for 301HP sexy body styling reliable and a gas saver ? i know its FWD but. yesterday there was snow storm Ice in Toronto Canada and still happening now, drove my 2017 Toyota RAV4 SE AWD around Toronto for 2-3 hours, OEM All season Tires, the handling and how the car suspension steadied to the ground was DAMN AWESOME, my score for Toyota handles in snow is 10/10 because the car with All season tires and i passed by a Mer Benz 4matic SUV, and Infinity AWD SUV, saw a Honda Odyssey and a Dodge Caravan stuck.

Later there was a Merc Benz ML 4matic wanted to challenge me up hill on Kennedy Rd. the girl drove but he has Winter tires, my Rav4 moved up hill like a Man and smoked that ML. a fews Hyundai Santa Fe AWD i passed trust me they are no match.

What i'm trying to tell you is, new Toyota suspension is something different it isn't like the 90s, i don't think Nissan Altima or Maxima handles better as i know Nissan is built for POWER Japanese car, i replying you again because you've mentioned Budget, bro if you worry about $$ affordable stay with Toyota Lexus, i guaranty you Nissan or Kia BMW Merc or Audi will give you headache if you plan to keep the car for a long time. Think about it.

Where i hang out i see cars come in and out everyday every car brands, 2 shops, 1 regular and 1 Luxury, Regular shop i see Toyota Nissan Honda Madza Ford GM Chevy Hyundai come in and out, the Luxury shop the rich people come in and out with Audi BMW Merc Porche Lexus Lincohn Cadillac and super car like Fararri Lambo etc.

i see Toyota Lexus is the LESS headache brand according to these 2 shops, i talked to most of rich people in luxury shop, they told me they LEASED the car and save headache n time.
Old 04-15-18, 08:02 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

^ In regards to how FWD handles in winter - I have owned two Camrys up here in KC, and they both were fine. Traction was definitely an issue with the all-seasons. In the IS AWD, driving in winter, even with all-seasons, seems like a non-event to me. I just give myself more time to brake, but traction is plentiful. Honestly traction is really the main difference between FWD and AWD vehicles in snow. Otherwise you still have to drive the same way.

I am thinking I want AWD in my next vehicle as well, even if RWD is "more fun", just because I don't want to have a bad day and end up in the ditch when there's snow. I mean even when it rains, with AWD, I can still get the slip indicator light to come on if I gun it. Who knows how that would be with RWD...
Old 04-15-18, 08:05 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by EZZ
It's FWD based sorta but has a transverse lay out of the engine like a RWD vehicle. Also, the AWD is setup 40:60 so it feels more like a RWD with AWD vs a FWD based AWD system...well supposedly. It's supremely capable and would probably easily outhandle an IS...just the IS would feel better dynamically. Although these days, even a BMW doesn't feel like a BMW so we'll see if the next gen IS can keep up the dynamics intact.
older model FWD car used to have Torch steer but today is different and look at the Type R Civic fastest FWD car in the world, 1 is oversteer and other one is understeer, as i know American culture is obsessed with Nascar and F1 racing , so when we talk about car we always think RWD is better, Lexus IS350 AWD Fsport has 30% power in the front and 70% power in the rear, most Lexus AWD system works like this, Toyota AWD system works the same but opposite for the FWD but they disable Rear wheel when 50km + car speed.

When we talk about RACING yes RWD matter, but when we talk about daily driven within a budget or Snow/Ice , RWD does not matter and its a problem ! you think IS350 can beat Civic Type R or 2018 Camry XSE ? 2nd 350 RWD kicked *** but 3rd Gen 350 got *** kicked IS is not a true sport and cannot spin tires, when you press the E-brake even with trac off, power cuts off by ECU. a True sport car is a Manual RWD 2 doors !
Old 04-15-18, 09:12 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Solara350
older model FWD car used to have Torch steer but today is different and look at the Type R Civic fastest FWD car in the world, 1 is oversteer and other one is understeer, as i know American culture is obsessed with Nascar and F1 racing , so when we talk about car we always think RWD is better, Lexus IS350 AWD Fsport has 30% power in the front and 70% power in the rear, most Lexus AWD system works like this, Toyota AWD system works the same but opposite for the FWD but they disable Rear wheel when 50km + car speed.

When we talk about RACING yes RWD matter, but when we talk about daily driven within a budget or Snow/Ice , RWD does not matter and its a problem ! you think IS350 can beat Civic Type R or 2018 Camry XSE ? 2nd 350 RWD kicked *** but 3rd Gen 350 got *** kicked IS is not a true sport and cannot spin tires, when you press the E-brake even with trac off, power cuts off by ECU. a True sport car is a Manual RWD 2 doors !
I understand that the Type R can beat the IS350 around a track but kinda talking apples to oranges here. I bet a comparative horsepower Lotus or Cayman would put a big hurt on the Type R so despite the Type R being FWD, it's fast.

Rwd cars have a different feeling when driven that many enthusiasts prefer. Have you driven a rwd Boxster? A non S version feels just awesome in handling even though the car itself is kinda slow. Even the best FWD cars will never mimic that feeling.
Old 04-15-18, 09:55 AM
DMV350
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Last edited by DMV350; 01-16-19 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-15-18, 10:19 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by EZZ
I understand that the Type R can beat the IS350 around a track but kinda talking apples to oranges here. I bet a comparative horsepower Lotus or Cayman would put a big hurt on the Type R so despite the Type R being FWD, it's fast.

Rwd cars have a different feeling when driven that many enthusiasts prefer. Have you driven a rwd Boxster? A non S version feels just awesome in handling even though the car itself is kinda slow. Even the best FWD cars will never mimic that feeling.
Lotus used Toyota Engine, Cayman is another level !

new Cayman 718 has 300HP 0-60 5.1 seconds $62,700.00 CAD, Cayman S has 350HP 0-60 4.6 seconds $76,800.00 CAD, Porche has a rear Engine with light weight it does massive pickup in speed but EASY to get lost control if you watch "Nurburgring" even thought they have GIANT WHEEL and superb suspension setup.

Lotus is a British make with Toyota tech Engine, a V6 that makes 309HP Lotus Evora and a V6 3.5 supercharged makes 410HP also a super light weight car, suprcharger 0-60 3.9 seconds, all these car has Mid-engine and they are Exotic cars ? why you compare with a Honda ?

I don't have to drive a Porche i don't wanna be like PAUL WALKER , i can go out there and get an old Boxter for 20kS CAD and an old Lotus for 40k$ CAD, i see them everyday in the summer at my WORKplace, 2 of my workers owned the Porche, a Boxter and a Cerrera , our engineer own a Lotus Elise supercharger, our CEO is a Euro/American muscle cars lover, but bro you compare these Euro exotic and super car to a Honda ?

oh Wait ! how about i'll pull LEXUS LFA Lexus LC500 , ACURA NSX and NISSAN GTR out ? you want POWER ? lemme call my friend with his 1000HP Toyota Supra or 700hp Mazda RX7 ? Cayman and Lotus are Supercharge V6, Civic Type R is an i4 Cyl Turbo and ill tell you what Lotus and Porche are piece of junk in reliable.

Did you know back in the 80s 90s most cars are RWD ? how much speed can you do today to have fun with RWD ? i rather drive Ford Mustang and American cars than drive German or British cars, like the Land Rovers, car is like crap and cost so much ! if i get rich ill drive Italian Lambo or Ferrari .

Last edited by Solara350; 04-15-18 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-15-18, 11:04 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by EZZ

oh ya check out NURBURGRING lap time bro
Honda Civic Type R is 7:43:80
------------
Here Porche Cayman S is 7:46:70
------------
Here Lotus is 7:48:13

Cayman and Lotus are exotic rear mid engine V6 supercharged, Honda Civic is i4 Cyl turbo front engine ! Honda Civic type is 41k$ CAD
Old 04-15-18, 11:24 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Solara350
oh ya check out NURBURGRING lap time bro
Honda Civic Type R is 7:43:80
------------
Here Porche Cayman S is 7:46:70
------------
Here Lotus is 7:48:13

Cayman and Lotus are exotic rear mid engine V6 supercharged, Honda Civic is i4 Cyl turbo front engine ! Honda Civic type is 41k$ CAD
The Type R has always been fast but it's the hot rod version of a Civic. They Cayman suspension is pretty soft comparatively and it did that time. The hot rod version is the gt4 and it did it in 7:40 with only 283hp. It weighs about 3k lbs like the Type R. You can get a lot of cars to handle great on the Ring but what feels better doing it? The other issue with FWD is that you're reaching the limit of Hp at 300. Every other car after that type R is either RWD or AWD. Just the inherent limitation of the inferior FWD platform.
Old 04-15-18, 02:58 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 244 Likes on 145 Posts

i would like to stay with lexus but other options would be:
1. IS350/400 (if it has 360 hp+ w/ more options)
2. BMW M340i (G20)
3. Audi S4/S5
4. Mercedes AMG C43
Old 04-15-18, 06:46 PM
matttev
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd like to get a GS but unless Lexus ups their tech, an Audi will be my next car

Quick Reply: What's going to be your next car?