ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present-249/)
-   -   What's going to be your next car? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/886176-whats-going-to-be-your-next-car.html)

gianttama 04-13-18 10:30 PM

What's going to be your next car?

As titled. I like my 16 350, but I'm getting interested the Genesis g70 after seeing the spec and early reviews, don't think I'll trade in soon, maybe will give it a drive and see how it feels after couple of years when they have it used or year end clearances.

Mostly interested in the power gain and the tech that I think our car currently lacks (360 camera, Android auto, infotainment). I know there there are other Lexus cars that could give me the same things but man, don't think I can find anything at g70's price. What will you guys get?

I've never driven a Hyundai other than my cousin's Santa Fe lol.

pret 04-13-18 10:40 PM

I will tell you it won't be a Hyundai (: On paper, reading reviews, the specs look good. Real life is another story. If you are interested in the powergain and tech, it looks better then our is350. But you are also comparing 370hp twin turbo v6 to a NA 305hp. While the Lexus brand is also relatively new to the luxury market, the Genesis has been around <10yrs.

EZZ 04-13-18 10:59 PM

I'm set on a RS3 or S4. The RS3 May be too small so leaning towards the S4.

If the next gen IS has a turbo with ~350hp, I will consider it :D

gthal 04-14-18 03:08 AM

The new C8 Corvette, mid-engine. I'll get one next year when they are released and the IS will become my winter/kid hauler.

evident 04-14-18 03:34 AM

E class wagon if I can afford it

Solara350 04-14-18 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by gianttama (Post 10171794)
As titled. I like my 16 350, but I'm getting interested the Genesis g70 after seeing the spec and early reviews, don't think I'll trade in soon, maybe will give it a drive and see how it feels after couple of years when they have it used or year end clearances.

Mostly interested in the power gain and the tech that I think our car currently lacks (360 camera, Android auto, infotainment). I know there there are other Lexus cars that could give me the same things but man, don't think I can find anything at g70's price. What will you guys get?

I've never driven a Hyundai other than my cousin's Santa Fe lol.

Honest speaking Hyundai has improved a lot especially newer car since 2014+ , it doesn't hurt to try and i agree our Lexus brand is lack of Tech and Infotainment along with Power, i used to hate Hyundai due to the cheap and the copycat body styling, i mean they have no unique design, i've been watching them on "KIA Stinger GT" V6 Turbo that makes 365HP, the car has everything i need, Hyundai has gained another LEVEL in Car industry, yet another car has successfully built by Hyundai which is "Genesis G70 G80" if we want to go for even better Luxury level of Hyundai cars, saw it on TOronto street once and watched all review videos, i gotta say, it awesome for the price....

2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited TOP OF THE LINE Canadian price TOTAL everything $51,919.00 >>> 2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-sport 3 Top of the line Canadian price total is $63,768.83 (CASH pay)
the Genesis G70 will be approximately $57,000.00 Canadian dollars, same V6 Turbo Engine like the Stinger GT.

What Hyundai includes and Lexus don't = Brembo Brake system, LSD diff. seriously too much to list but the 2 importantly Brembo brake and LSD, as i know for the last 20 years Toyota Brake system sucks ! too soft and weird noise. (reason i don't post on this forum about brake and little issue because i knew that is Toyota)

Ok thats the comparison on prices and Tech ! Lets talk about Performance and reliability .

Stinger and G70 are so new even though Hyundai has improved for now and i don't know about will they last like Toyota/Lexus ? since Toyota is the World KNOWN reliable BRAND along with Lexus. i never drove Hyundai Kia or G70 before i mean never owned one only speculating, well did tested the 2011-12 3.7L Hyundai Genesis Coupe, it wasnt bad it was alright to me.

Try to book for a test drive 1st and compare, see if Performance is better than IS350, i really impressed with the price, a price that you can get everything on a sport sedan.

JNP1227 04-14-18 07:24 AM

Probably the C43 AMG. However, I would like to see Lexus make the next IS a twin turbo :)

Darqhelmet 04-14-18 07:44 AM

GS-F or Panamera. Depends on which one I can find with a reasonable amount of mileage on it when I start looking. Leaning GS-F do to me being able to do most if not all of the maintenance myself which I enjoy.

arentz07 04-14-18 07:56 AM

The top 3 on my list are the Stinger GT, G70 Sport, and the C43 AMG. I am a bit bearish on the Merc, since it will be more expensive, but it's a really compelling package and, having been in a C 450 AMG (basically the same car), I liked the interior and definitely the power. I don't think I could do a C 300 - it just isn't all that quick, and doesn't sound great. The G70 is probably my top pick overall, but it depends. The Stinger seems like a good value due to how much space it has on the inside. Then again, the Genesis Concierge thing where they pick up the car for service seems pretty worth it. Lots of options. :)

wthrman2 04-14-18 09:18 AM

I am not sure what will replace my 2017 IS350 F Sport (AWD). I am starting to think about the various models that will make the shopping list:

1. Lexus IS350 F Sport - FMC
2. Hyundai G70 in manual
3. Acura TLX Type S
4. Infiniti Q60

I would love an Audi but I have some reliability concerns given that I don't have a dealer in my hometown.

EZZ 04-14-18 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I am not sure what will replace my 2017 IS350 F Sport (AWD). I am starting to think about the various models that will make the shopping list:

2. Hyundai G70 in manual
3. Acura TLX Type S
4. Infiniti Q60

I would love an Audi but I have some reliability concerns given that I don't have a dealer in my hometown.

If I get the Audi, gonna buy the extended warranty for sure. Didn't feel the need to get one from Lexus :D

wthrman2 04-14-18 09:47 AM

^^ I would totally do the same. The biggest issue is that with a dealer at 2h from here, it would be a huge inconvenience so that is why I can't risk getting a car that could breakdown.

aahil 04-14-18 10:12 AM

2. Hyundai G70 in manual
3. Acura TLX Type S
4. Infiniti Q60

wthrman2 04-14-18 02:26 PM

^^ Did you quote my message because you agree or that was mistake?

gianttama 04-14-18 09:02 PM

Reason I'm interested in the g70 is its price point. Would love the gsf or isf but those are over what I could afford :(