Search this Thread

Old 10-17-17, 07:47 AM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Enform

Originally Posted by wforty94
indeed! ridiculous lol.

my 2007 Chevy Duramax pick-up truck came with remote start and don't need no stupid a** Enform or subscription/fee to work!!
So with you’re Chevrolet you get Onstar for free? That’s what Enform is.
Old 10-17-17, 07:50 AM
ISFWes
Pole Position

I just bought a Certified 2015 IS250 F-Sport a few months ago. Couldn’t get the Enform to work going through Lexus Drivers. After call Lexus about 5 times. They finally just deleted everything I did on line. And started from scratch. Works like a champ. A few weeks ago I got an email saying sorry for the trouble. And gave me a year free.
Old 10-17-17, 08:25 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,500 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by wforty94
indeed! ridiculous lol.

my 2007 Chevy Duramax pick-up truck came with remote start and don't need no stupid a** Enform or subscription/fee to work!!
Keep in mind the $80 gets you some other things too. For instance, you could be a half-mile away and still remote-start your car. I use this when leaving work in the winter - it's about a 5-minute walk from my desk to where I park. In addition you get valet mode, the ability to lock/unlock your doors from a distance, etc. I agree it sucks to have to pay for the remote start, but at least it's better than just a standard remote starter.
Old 10-17-17, 02:24 PM
CarlitoIS
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

It shows $160/year for everything included. $16 monthly. So it went down from $240? Even better. I might renew now.
Old 10-17-17, 06:51 PM
wforty94
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFWes
So with you’re Chevrolet you get Onstar for free? That’s what Enform is.
I never used any of the OnStar features (or XM radio) but I believe I got a year free like the Lexus Enform when I purchased the truck. My point is that it's a bit ridiculous that you have to subscribe to Enform in order to use the remote start.

The remote start on my truck works regardless of OnStar

Originally Posted by arentz07
Keep in mind the $80 gets you some other things too. For instance, you could be a half-mile away and still remote-start your car. I use this when leaving work in the winter - it's about a 5-minute walk from my desk to where I park. In addition you get valet mode, the ability to lock/unlock your doors from a distance, etc. I agree it sucks to have to pay for the remote start, but at least it's better than just a standard remote starter.
I hear ya. All I want to do is be able to remote start my car when its super hot/cold out. Not to mention the Lexus remote start kinda sucks since it turns the car off when you open the door... understand that's a safety feature but now I have to start the car again.
Old 10-17-17, 07:48 PM
ISFWes
Pole Position

I never used any of the OnStar features (or XM radio) but I believe I got a year free like the Lexus Enform when I purchased the truck. My point is that it's a bit ridiculous that you have to subscribe to Enform in order to use the remote start.

Lots of things Toyota / Lexus could improve on. My guess is Lexus thinks it’s customers will pay. Just like for map updates.