IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Front-View Camera Product Search Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-17, 09:49 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
How far do you live from Beatsonic? I'm sure they can install it for you, they have done many many cars.
like an hour and a half away. do they do installs with appointments or do they do installs sans appointments?
Old 10-03-17, 10:12 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

I called but no one answered, so I wrote an email and hope that they/he responds.
Old 10-03-17, 11:41 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
I called but no one answered, so I wrote an email and hope that they/he responds.
I've had a few back and forth emails with him when i was ordering my parts. If he happens to be right in front of the computer, he'll reply almost instantly.. otherwise near the end of the day is when i usually got replies from them.
Old 10-03-17, 12:24 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by otakusan
I've had a few back and forth emails with him when i was ordering my parts. If he happens to be right in front of the computer, he'll reply almost instantly.. otherwise near the end of the day is when i usually got replies from them.
thanks for letting me know!
Old 10-04-17, 07:21 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dojoman
How far do you live from Beatsonic? I'm sure they can install it for you, they have done many many cars.
they don't do installations, unfortunately, although they did recommend an installer located in Anaheim. if anyone needs the referral, let me know.
Old 10-04-17, 09:22 AM
roli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my first Lexus two weeks ago and I would prefer to have a front camera as well. Plus a way to turn on the rear camera when not in reverse.

I am from Europe so I have the 2017 IS 300h (hybrid) - with F Sport premium trim (it basically has pretty much everything that this car can have). It has the new-ish 10" nav screen which possibly could cause some problems. Does anyone have an idea if the beat-sonic interface would work with my car? Or I'll probably just have to send them an email.

On one hand the whole thing is pretty much a glorified switch, but if it does anything more then I could see some issues. If I had a pinout of the connector for the display I could probably wire one together by myself, but since I don't and since I want to keep my warranty I would rather not risk it. If I can find something suitable I could probably just ask my local lexus dealer to install it for me. At least that's what they offered when I asked them if the car can have stationary heating.
Old 10-04-17, 09:31 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by roli
I just bought my first Lexus two weeks ago and I would prefer to have a front camera as well. Plus a way to turn on the rear camera when not in reverse.

I am from Europe so I have the 2017 IS 300h (hybrid) - with F Sport premium trim (it basically has pretty much everything that this car can have). It has the new-ish 10" nav screen which possibly could cause some problems. Does anyone have an idea if the beat-sonic interface would work with my car? Or I'll probably just have to send them an email.

On one hand the whole thing is pretty much a glorified switch, but if it does anything more then I could see some issues. If I had a pinout of the connector for the display I could probably wire one together by myself, but since I don't and since I want to keep my warranty I would rather not risk it. If I can find something suitable I could probably just ask my local lexus dealer to install it for me. At least that's what they offered when I asked them if the car can have stationary heating.
give beat sonic UK an email and ask.
http://www.world-beatsonic.com/dealers/
They only list a front camera interface for 2014-16 IS. Maybe they haven't updated the application list yet?
http://www.world-beatsonic.com/camer...amera-adapter/

if they do have an application for your car and you do end up buying a set, you can ask for the switch that comes with CS6EP set. It's a generic toyota application and fits very nice in the IS
here's my setup.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ml#post9991131

hope this helps
Old 10-05-17, 08:50 AM
roli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I'll send them an email in a few weeks. I am not planing on doing it right now - have to buy winter tires first.