A question about tire pressure indicator

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-17, 08:06 PM
iomair
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy A question about tire pressure indicator

Hello everyone!

I'm Yousif from Saudi Arabia. I have a question if could answer me. I have an IS350 F Sport. The dealer of Lexus in Saudi Arabia gave me the car but without tire pressure indicator! My car is full options with LED display. The strange thing the standard IS250 has tire pressure indicator. My question is it possible to install the system? I have in my car only the tire pressure sensor but it doesn't tell me which tire has a problem. If I can install the system please what part I need to buy and how can I install it and how can I program the system in my LED display?

thank you for your help!
Old 09-06-17, 08:29 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Welcome Yousif!
The good news is that since your vehicle has the sensors, you do have the system installed.
You simply need to scroll through the information menus on the LED display until you get to the tire pressure.
If the dealer gave you the Owner's Manual, refer to page 87 (in my manual that is the page on the Instrument Cluster) on how to access the information menus.
It may not be the exact page in your manual, but it should be close to that page.
If you don't have the manual, in North America the manuals are online...I'm not sure if they are online where you are.
The following users liked this post:
iomair (09-06-17)
Old 09-06-17, 09:10 PM
timtheanh
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's odd! Are you talking about the indicator that has the four wheels or the low pressure indicator?
The following users liked this post:
iomair (09-06-17)
Old 09-06-17, 09:27 PM
iomair
Driver School Candidate

Thank you Sasnuke!
I was talking about the tire pressure warning valves. I already searched about it in the display's menu I couldn't find it��.
Old 09-06-17, 09:30 PM
iomair
Driver School Candidate

Hi Timtheanh!

yes that is what I'm talking about. I have the low pressure indicator but I really need to the indicator for the four whees
Old 09-07-17, 05:49 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Since you are in a different market outside North America, just to confirm you have the TPMS system on your vehicle, you should have valve stems on your tires that look like this...

To access the Tire pressures...there are a few different ways, but the one I use it to Push the Down arrow (where my thumb is) on the circular pad on the right side of the steering wheel. Press it multiple times until you see the Tire Pressure display, as indicated below...
Old 09-07-17, 07:15 AM
iomair
Driver School Candidate

Thank you Sasnuke and I'm sorry for annoying you!
I did that but it is not in the car's system. I think I have to buy valves and program the display. Is it possible to program it?
Old 09-07-17, 01:49 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Do your current tire valves look like the one in the photo above? Or are they just black? If you can post a pic that would be great.
If they omitted that option from the vehicles in your market it may not be possible to get the system to work.
I would find it strange that a 250 in your marker has it, but the 350 doesn't.
In my market, TPMS is not legally mandated, but most cars have it. But if you don't have it, the only option is aftermarket sensors and a separate monitor that shows the readings of the aftermarket sensors.

My 2014 Highlander has the factory sensors in the wheels, but only the warning light on the dash.
It doesn't tell you position like my Lexus.
A 2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited has no TPMS at all...period...in Canadian market.
Old 09-07-17, 01:59 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by iomair
Hello everyone!

I'm Yousif from Saudi Arabia. I have a question if could answer me. I have an IS350 F Sport. The dealer of Lexus in Saudi Arabia gave me the car but without tire pressure indicator! My car is full options with LED display. The strange thing the standard IS250 has tire pressure indicator. My question is it possible to install the system? I have in my car only the tire pressure sensor but it doesn't tell me which tire has a problem. If I can install the system please what part I need to buy and how can I install it and how can I program the system in my LED display?

thank you for your help!
You have the tire pressure fault light on? like this:

and if you scroll through the menu and it looks like this:

Unless you have the same stems as Sasnuke said, Then maybe they aren't programmed.
OR
You you dont have them and can go to any aftermarket shop and they will sell you aftermarket ones and program for you. That's what i did with both my sets of Summer and Winter Wheels.

IF you do not have that little car with the indications at each wheel, you probably dont have the system... which is weird.

When i had no sensors on the car, i had the warning light and the little car as pictured with no PSI/Kpa readings.

Last edited by ClubLUser; 09-07-17 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-07-17, 02:51 PM
iomair
Driver School Candidate

Yes I have like this light in my car.

But it doesn't have like these valves.

I just want to know if I can buy valves and program it with my LED display. My display doesn't have any thing like that because it already programmed without valves.
Old 09-07-17, 03:07 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Ok...so what I'm understanding is, you have this light on your dash, but you don't see the tire pressure readings on the LED display, AND the tires do not have the valves like my picture up above.
If that's the case, then if you drive the car for at least 20 minutes, the warning light (above) should come on...it may even flash.
If the warning light does not come on (or flash) after 20 minutes, and you don't have the valves like my car, then either something is seriously wrong, or your vehicle is not meant to have a TPMS system in your market.

So, if you are asking if you can buy the sensors and program them to the vehicle so that you get readings on the dash...then I have absolutely no idea. You would have to just try and see what happens.
It would be so bizarre that you saw an IS250 with the pressure readings, but your IS350 doesn't have it. Was the IS250 the same year?

I feel like I'm missing some simple answer or piece of information. Can you post a pic of your tire valve? I'm dying to know if it's just the regular black ones.
Old 09-07-17, 03:15 PM
ClubLUser
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Going by a bit of logic, your car can have aftermarket valves installed. The warning would go away, but I'm unsure if you will have per tire readouts.

Also is this button TPMS related?

Old 09-07-17, 03:35 PM
iomair
Driver School Candidate

Every IS350 F Sport in Saudi Arabia don't have the valves. If there any tire puncher in my car the yellow light will warning me but I will not know which tire have a puncher. No any IS350 F Sport in Saudi Arabia can know which tire has a puncher. Especially F Sport package. I think I have to buy a different tire pressure indicator and program it in my LED display. But Can I or not?
Old 09-07-17, 03:36 PM
iomair
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ClubLUser
Going by a bit of logic, your car can have aftermarket valves installed. The warning would go away, but I'm unsure if you will have per tire readouts.

yes I have this button
Old 09-07-17, 03:36 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ClubLUser

That's a reasonable assumption about the sensors.
My only question is why does the light work if the vehicle doesn't have a TPMS system?
Warning lights come on with the ignition for systems that's are installed in the vehicle. The system is what triggers the light to come on. No system...no light. Assuming the light has not been tampered with.

That button is to set the Threshold pressure after you adjust your tire pressure.

Quick Reply: A question about tire pressure indicator