IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F-Sport Exhaust - new part number?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-17, 01:27 PM
ryanwongg
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default F-Sport Exhaust - new part number?

I'm looking to purchase an F-sport exhaust for my 2015 IS250.

I've contacted one of my Houston Lexus dealerships and they've told me the part number PTR03-53140 has been replaced with PTR03-00160. Can anyone shed some light on what the difference is? I've replied back to the dealership asking if they know if the exhaust has been changed/updated and will update the thread with their response.
Old 05-08-17, 01:44 PM
ryanwongg
Driver School Candidate

Just got an email back from the Lexus Parts Director at my local dealership. Attached below is his response.

"There is something different. Usually it's a different company making the part. But looking at it you would not notice any difference."

Can anyone comment on sound or performance change? Is this new exhaust louder or more quiet than the previous?
Old 05-08-17, 04:22 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

they have seemed to get quite after the 3IS was released, the 2IS one was so much louder
Old 05-08-17, 07:39 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanwongg
I'm looking to purchase an F-sport exhaust for my 2015 IS250.

I've contacted one of my Houston Lexus dealerships and they've told me the part number PTR03-53140 has been replaced with PTR03-00160. Can anyone shed some light on what the difference is? I've replied back to the dealership asking if they know if the exhaust has been changed/updated and will update the thread with their response.
I have a 16' IS350 with the fsport exhaust, the part # is ..PTR03-53140. Not sure why they replaced it? Unless it may be for the 2017 IS, but I haven't heard anything.

Sound wise, its deeper and a louder than stock, does have a light drone @ ~2-3k rpm. Once over 4k+ the intake takes over. Looks better imo too.
Old 05-09-17, 04:49 AM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

Thank you for that update...
Old 05-09-17, 07:32 AM
ryanwongg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jmull3r
they have seemed to get quite after the 3IS was released, the 2IS one was so much louder
Agreed. The FSport exhaust for the 2IS had a nice growl but from the clips I've heard of the 3IS, it has really toned down.

Originally Posted by nathantse
I have a 16' IS350 with the fsport exhaust, the part # is ..PTR03-53140. Not sure why they replaced it? Unless it may be for the 2017 IS, but I haven't heard anything.

Sound wise, its deeper and a louder than stock, does have a light drone @ ~2-3k rpm. Once over 4k+ the intake takes over. Looks better imo too.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure I'll be happy with either part # for the exhaust but I'd like to know specifically if one is louder than the other. In the past, when the 2IS exhaust had changed manufacturers, the loudness/tone had changed quite a bit -whether or not it was for the better is personally preference.

Originally Posted by FreshIS250
Thank you for that update...
Old 05-09-17, 10:46 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Agreed. The FSport exhaust for the 2IS had a nice growl but from the clips I've heard of the 3IS, it has really toned down.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure I'll be happy with either part # for the exhaust but I'd like to know specifically if one is louder than the other. In the past, when the 2IS exhaust had changed manufacturers, the loudness/tone had changed quite a bit -whether or not it was for the better is personally preference.

The 2IS fsport was made by HKS. Not sure of the 3is, maybe this was made directly from Lexus, which would make sense for it to cost $1600 retail. (You can get this cheaper else where tho)

The 3is fsport has "FSPORT" engraved on each exhaust tip as well as the part#. Might wanna check that.
Old 05-10-17, 07:17 AM
ryanwongg
Driver School Candidate

I called a non-local different dealership yesterday. He stated both part numbers for the exhaust are still available and he does sell both. He stated the spec/info sheets for both products don't show any difference other than a new part number.

Can anyone shed some light on thissss? I'm wanting to pull the trigger on a new exhaust but hesitant to when I don't know the difference between the PTR03-53140 and PTR03-00160 part numbers.
Old 05-10-17, 07:33 AM
ryanwongg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nathantse
The 2IS fsport was made by HKS. Not sure of the 3is, maybe this was made directly from Lexus, which would make sense for it to cost $1600 retail. (You can get this cheaper else where tho)

The 3is fsport has "FSPORT" engraved on each exhaust tip as well as the part#. Might wanna check that.
Not sure if the manufacturer has changed, but that was a guess from my local dealer as to why it changed part numbers. According to both the dealer reps I've spoken to, the newer part number (PTR03-00160) also has F-SPORT engraved into the tips..
Old 05-10-17, 07:58 AM
twixx007
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had both exhausts. Both had F-Sport engraved onto the tips. The older one had a deeper growl\rumble to it. The new one is quieter but still sounds good especially when you punch the gas. It does sound better than stock. I tried to get the old part number installed onto my 2014 IS350 Fsport but the dealer told me that it would not fit. He said the one for the 3IS is the newer part number. Also, the dealer said that the older model was discontinued. Hope this helps
The following 3 users liked this post by twixx007:
beezmarkee (05-11-17), Hermes (05-10-17), ryanwongg (05-10-17)
Old 05-10-17, 08:16 AM
ryanwongg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by twixx007
I've had both exhausts. Both had F-Sport engraved onto the tips. The older one had a deeper growl\rumble to it. The new one is quieter but still sounds good especially when you punch the gas. It does sound better than stock. I tried to get the old part number installed onto my 2014 IS350 Fsport but the dealer told me that it would not fit. He said the one for the 3IS is the newer part number. Also, the dealer said that the older model was discontinued. Hope this helps
Are you saying you had both exhaust, as in both the 2IS and 3IS F-Sport exhaust? Or are you saying you had BOTH 3IS F-Sport exhaust , part # PTR03-53140 & PTR03-00160? Thanks for your input!
Old 05-11-17, 05:50 AM
twixx007
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you saying you had both exhaust, as in both the 2IS and 3IS F-Sport exhaust? Or are you saying you had BOTH 3IS F-Sport exhaust , part # PTR03-53140 & PTR03-00160? Thanks for your input!
I had the older one on my 2IS and the newer one on my 3IS.
The following users liked this post:
ryanwongg (05-11-17)
Old 05-11-17, 06:48 AM
TsunamiF
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the 3IS F-Sport exhaust utilize a straight pipe setup on one of the exhaust ends like on the 2IS F-Sport exhaust?

The 2IS F-Sport exhaust had a dummy muffler on the right side with a straight pipe going through which made the exhaust sound very loud and deep (skip to 0:37 below for a clear audible sample).

Old 05-11-17, 10:11 AM
beezmarkee
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by twixx007
I've just buy F Sport exhaust in Japan, wait it about 1 month whit shipping for Russia
Old 05-11-17, 11:32 AM
ryanwongg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by beezmarkee
I've just buy F Sport exhaust in Japan, wait it about 1 month whit shipping for Russia
Nice, congrats! do you know which part number you ordered?

Quick Reply: F-Sport Exhaust - new part number?