IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Today is not my day (Not for people with weak stomach)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-17, 10:48 PM
blizz24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go grab a $100 buck dash cam, is fairly cheap and can save you a lot of headaches... got mine for $110 amazon but you can find them cheaper
Old 04-28-17, 04:54 AM
3actual
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Throw it in the gutter, and go buy another....
Old 04-28-17, 06:37 AM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinisbae
I will have to ask the school if I could get a security footage of the incident. My car was partially out and was not moving. I even had lady help me pick up the black intake piece for cooling the breaks and told me I should call the cops cause I got side swiped. I was too shocked to even know how to react, I should of probably ask her to stay and help with the report as a witness. Well best of luck to me, hopefully I can get a footage and see if it was me or her.
Sorry, but you sound to be at fault. Sounds like you were partially blocking the driving lane when she changed lanes, which she has the option to do. It is your responsibility to ensure that the way is clear before you enter the driving lane.
Old 04-28-17, 08:14 AM
Cav86
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks to hear that man. But in my opinion you are at fault based on how you described the situation. Your car was sticking out into a driving lane. Her changing lanes and hitting you has nothing to do with it. Hypothetically speaking if she would have been in the right lane the entire time and hit you and you would be at fault.
Old 04-29-17, 04:36 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

I will have to ask the school if I could get a security footage of the incident. My car was partially out and was not moving. I even had lady help me pick up the black intake piece for cooling the breaks and told me I should call the cops cause I got side swiped. I was too shocked to even know how to react, I should of probably ask her to stay and help with the report as a witness. Well best of luck to me, hopefully I can get a footage and see if it was me or her.
Ahhh Kevin, sorry to see this happens to you, here some advice, when you're at collision report center have your witness with you, call 911 won't help, 2nd did you take pictures when she swipe your car ? or after she did it ? 3rd, asked school for security cam video get a USB stick and have them download it in your USB.

when you write your report at Collision center, put exactly what she done how other drive drove and say you have witness video and picture including it in there, go home call your auto insurance right away, tell them the same thing upload your video and pictures give them a link, you can ask auto insurance email and send video and picture to them. "sometimes right or wrong is depend on auto insurance" i had a similar situation that the lady backup and hit my front bumper that what i did, but in my case the Lady and her husband drove off so i called 911.
Old 04-29-17, 09:02 PM
kevinisbae
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mrg02d
Sorry, but you sound to be at fault. Sounds like you were partially blocking the driving lane when she changed lanes, which she has the option to do. It is your responsibility to ensure that the way is clear before you enter the driving lane.
There's 3 lanes, 2 for driving and 1 for parking. Quarter of my car was out with turning signal on when I checked the driving lane closest me it was clear. She cuts into my lane at full speed no turn signal swipes my car, am I still at fault?
Old 04-29-17, 09:23 PM
TinoPing
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There's 3 lanes, 2 for driving and 1 for parking. Quarter of my car was out with turning signal on when I checked the driving lane closest me it was clear. She cuts into my lane at full speed no turn signal swipes my car, am I still at fault?
When you're in the parking lane getting on the road, you're basically yielding in. Its your responsibility to enter the road when totally clear as someone said. She's also in the wrong, switching lanes without signaling. But your wrong is greater if that makes sense. She has more right to both lanes than you do at this point.
Old 04-30-17, 05:10 AM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TinoPing
When you're in the parking lane getting on the road, you're basically yielding in. Its your responsibility to enter the road when totally clear as someone said. She's also in the wrong, switching lanes without signaling. But your wrong is greater if that makes sense. She has more right to both lanes than you do at this point.
Exaclty this. She could have been avoiding another possible accident for all we know.

The OP needs to man up and take responsibility here as well as pay for the damage to the woman's car.
Old 04-30-17, 10:03 AM
UngBuck
Pit Crew

a dash cam could save you in this situation. you should invest in one from now on.
Old 05-01-17, 06:28 PM
600rr
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes you are. Your view is she cut into "your" lane, while in fact you cut into her's. 1 parking lane is the same as parking on the curb and it is irrelevant. When you merge onto the two driving lanes, it is your responsibility to check for all on coming traffic. It is impossible to argue that she didn't have her blinkers on and she can arguably say the same about you.
Old 05-01-17, 06:39 PM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Also, according to cops, via first hand experience, turn signals don't matter anyways. I could signal a turn right and turn left if I want. It may get me an improper use of turn signal, or failure to signal, but WONT get the other person off the hook for moving when unsafe.

My wife pulled out into traffic when a girl signaled she was turning right, then swerved back into traffic, striking my wife and tearing the front off her mustang. My wife was cited for causing the accident. The girl admitted everything, yet cops said that she has the option of changing her mind when turning.
Old 07-08-17, 10:50 AM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Post Redacted
Old 07-10-17, 11:39 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrg02d
Also, according to cops, via first hand experience, turn signals don't matter anyways. I could signal a turn right and turn left if I want. It may get me an improper use of turn signal, or failure to signal, but WONT get the other person off the hook for moving when unsafe.

My wife pulled out into traffic when a girl signaled she was turning right, then swerved back into traffic, striking my wife and tearing the front off her mustang. My wife was cited for causing the accident. The girl admitted everything, yet cops said that she has the option of changing her mind when turning.
That's like the textbook example to illustrate one must always check clear before moving off, but it makes alot of sense.
Old 07-11-17, 04:33 PM
ArmaEdd
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had this happen to me and my grandfather did this to someone else literally 3 months ago. From experience fighting it with insurance going to court trying to get traffic cam footage I'd almost guarantee you are at fault. What state are you in? Most traffic regulations are the same but just wondering?