IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

*Must Read* Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) confirmed for all 3rd gen IS'!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-17, 04:02 PM
SwiftIS
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) confirmed for all 3rd gen IS'!

Lexus has a service called "Lexus Personalized Settings" allowing the owner to make certain changes to the car that can't be done outside the dealer or the car's settings. It suppose to be free when doing the first 5k mile service, but it gets bypassed ALOT. Most service associates won't even bring it up.

So so today I went in the get my 10k service done on a 2016 200t and asked about the LPS since I wanted the "roll windows/sunroof via remote". They told me, "it's not easy programming it, but we'll do it...takes an extra hour."

2 hours passes by, boom...now my IS has all the features I wanted. I can now roll the windows and sunroof by simply holding the unlock button for 4 seconds.

I know there is a full list of "features" that can be added, but can't seem to find it anywhere. If someone knows where to find it, please post it up. It can help a lot of unaware Lexus owners.

Last edited by SwiftIS; 04-07-17 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-06-17, 04:33 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

This says for IS's with Navigation, but I don't now if that matters.
The bottom half of page 3 thru page 5 shows "dealer only" customizations.
You should definitely bring it up, as I never had a SA bring it up.

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/14I...i-customer.pdf
Old 04-06-17, 04:38 PM
600rr
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I thought this was pretty common knowledge.
There are many threads about this. I just posted this same pdf link in another thread last week.
Your dealer is also full of it. It takes a few clicks to program this.
I gave me dealer the paper and they said "no problem".
Old 04-06-17, 11:41 PM
Jchoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SwiftIS
This is going to be very valuable information for most IS owners(including other models too)...

Lexus has a service called "Lexus Personalized Settings" allowing the owner to make certain changes to the car that can't be done outside the dealer or the car's settings. It suppose to be free when doing the first 5k mile service, but it gets bypassed ALOT. Most service associates won't even bring it up.

So so today I went in the get my 10k service done on a 2016 200t and asked about the LPS since I wanted the "roll windows/sunroof via remote". They told me, "it's not easy programming it, but we'll do it...takes an extra hour."

2 hours passes by, boom...now my IS has all the features I wanted. I can now roll the windows and sunroof by simply holding the unlock button for 4 seconds.

I know there is a full list of "features" that can be added, but can't seem to find it anywhere. If someone knows where to find it, please post it up. It can help a lot of unaware Lexus owners.

This is a 10 minute process at most. I got it done at the dealership through my friend and it was so quick. Only down side is that pressing lock and holding doesn't make the windows close.
Old 04-07-17, 01:21 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by SwiftIS
"it's not easy programming it, but we'll do it...takes an extra hour."
lol
Takes less than 10 minutes to do. All they do is plug computer in with techstream software and toggle the settings of what you want to change.
Old 04-07-17, 05:05 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Jchoi
This is a 10 minute process at most. I got it done at the dealership through my friend and it was so quick. Only down side is that pressing lock and holding doesn't make the windows close.
I always complained about this with my honda. The reasoning is supposed to be about safety and closing windows while your not looking can be dangerous. It's a lame excuse considering the windows can sense resistance and roll back down automatically.
Old 04-07-17, 07:51 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Somebody just woke up from a cave.

I can program LPS setting from the comfort of my home anytime with ODB bluetooth dongle and Calista app.
http://www.caristaapp.com/vehicle/Lexus/IS%20(except%20IS-F%20and%20IS-C)/2016

Last edited by dojoman; 04-07-17 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-07-17, 08:25 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,511 Likes on 1,807 Posts

+1, these settings are mentioned in the owner's manual for the 3IS.
Old 04-07-17, 09:41 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,573 Posts

The open all windows via remote was standard on my 3-series... 15 years ago!
Old 04-07-17, 09:51 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
The open all windows via remote was standard on my 3-series... 15 years ago!
And yet BMW doesn't have a real Smart Key entry system yet...go figure....or a real hybrid system.
I guess the All Windows Down via remote was a priority...lol!!!
Old 04-07-17, 10:28 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Jchoi
Only down side is that pressing lock and holding doesn't make the windows close.
Yeah this sucks. This is apparent only in North America though.

In out parts of the world they can go up and down with remote after programming. I have seen car from Middle East on this forum that person got windows to roll up also with remote, so lucky.
Old 04-07-17, 10:40 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Somebody just woke up from a cave.

I can program LPS setting from the comfort of my home anytime with ODB bluetooth dongle and Calista app.
http://www.caristaapp.com/vehicle/Lexus/IS%20(except%20IS-F%20and%20IS-C)/2016
like this? this is less than $5 on ebay.

Last edited by gbgary; 04-07-17 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-07-17, 10:51 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I'm sure it gets overlooked at times, but when I bought my Lexus, I was handed a form to fill out during the process that had all the options and I was told to check off the boxes of what I wanted and if I had any questions they would get a tech team member to assist.

Then after the purchase, since it was late at night, the sales rep scheduled an appointment for me the next day at my home, where a tech team member came over and went through all of the infotainment and other technology in the vehicle, and then took my list, plugged in the tech tool and programmed everything I wanted. . Appointment took 2 hours and He went through everything on the car technology wise, from the Nav. to the backup sensors, to the various driving modes.

then later I looked over the list and found a few other things I was interested in and at my 5K oil change mentioned them and they programmed them in without argument..

I have since purchased the CARISTA app and ODB dongle and have the ability to make the tweaks myself, since I own 3 vehicles the Carista has come in handy on all of them.
Old 04-07-17, 11:18 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by gbgary
like this?
Something like that but the one I have connects thru wifi.
Old 04-07-17, 12:58 PM
SwiftIS
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Now it feel stupid.

Im gonna have to get that app and wifi OBD. Sounds nice to be able to change features without trips to the dealer.

Quick Reply: *Must Read* Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) confirmed for all 3rd gen IS'!