Transmission Pan Cracked on IS200t

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-17, 01:29 PM
mikexay
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Pan Cracked on IS200t

Hey guys,
I am looking for someone who can provide me information one where I can get the correct transmission pan since mine cracked recently.
I also need to know where I can get the correct transmission fluid and know how many quartz I need.
It's a 2016 Lexus IS200t.
Please help!

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-17, 01:49 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

I suggest you put in your vin# here to find the part number. Once you have your part number you search for the best price.
​​​​​​https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts-...l-pan-atm.html
The following users liked this post:
newskater (04-05-17)
Old 04-04-17, 01:53 PM
350phi
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

I believe your local Lexus dealership would have the parts in their system. They can also order the parts and the correct transmission fluid.
Old 04-04-17, 04:22 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

The transmission uses Toyota genuine ATF WS fluid.
You'll need approx. 3.4 quarts.
Good luck filling it as there is no dipstick and a specific procedure to set the transmission fluid level based on operating temperature and the flow from an overflow plug.
Old 04-04-17, 04:23 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Just curious, how did you crack it?
Old 04-05-17, 10:29 AM
mikexay
Rookie

Unhappy

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Just curious, how did you crack it?
There was a metal piece on the highway and there was no way to avoid it. If anything, it was already too late to dodge it. Too dark and couldn't see it.
Old 04-05-17, 10:31 AM
mikexay
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
The transmission uses Toyota genuine ATF WS fluid.
You'll need approx. 3.4 quarts.
Good luck filling it as there is no dipstick and a specific procedure to set the transmission fluid level based on operating temperature and the flow from an overflow plug.
So I guess the best option is to go to Lexus and do it. I've already ordered the OEM parts, so now I'm just waiting for it to arrive.
I was also going to ask if anyone has ever done it and to guide me on doing it but it sounds complicated already, lol.
I realized there was no dipstick so I was wondering how I'd go about doing it correctly...
Old 04-05-17, 02:16 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by mikexay
So I guess the best option is to go to Lexus and do it. I've already ordered the OEM parts, so now I'm just waiting for it to arrive.
I was also going to ask if anyone has ever done it and to guide me on doing it but it sounds complicated already, lol.
I realized there was no dipstick so I was wondering how I'd go about doing it correctly...
Once you can get the vehicle off the ground and get under it, replacing the pan is not different. Safety first as always.
Here is basic instructions on replacing the pan...you'll need basic hand tools. Filling the transmission requires being able to pump the fluid into the filler plug that's on the driver's side of the transmission, which can be difficult without the service tool.
Honestly it's probably best to have the dealer do it...but if you're adventurous, you could replace the pan and tow it to the dealer to have the fluid filled and level set.

53. INSTALL AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION OIL PAN SUB-ASSEMBLY(a) Install the 3 transmission oil cleaner magnets to the automatic transmission oil pan sub-assembly as shown in the illustration.
Transmission Oil Cleaner Magnet
(b) Install a new automatic transmission oil pan gasket to the automatic transmission oil pan sub-assembly.

(c) Install the automatic transmission oil pan sub-assembly with automatic transmission oil pan gasket to the automatic transmission case sub-assembly with the 9 bolts.

Torque:

7.4 N·m {75 kgf·cm, 65 in·lbf}

Sleeve
Automatic Transmission Case Sub-assembly
*a
Correct
*b
Incorrect
*c
Protrusion
  • Make sure that automatic transmission oil pan gasket seal surface and automatic transmission oil pan sub-assembly contact surface are free of oil and foreign matter.
  • Install the automatic transmission oil pan gasket so that there is no slack in the automatic transmission oil pan gasket, and the entire seal surface is level.
  • Make sure that the 9 protrusions are properly engaged to the automatic transmission oil pan sub-assembly.
  • When installing the automatic transmission oil pan sub-assembly, make sure that the automatic transmission oil pan gasket is not pinched between sleeve and the seal surface of the automatic transmission case sub-assembly.