'14 IS250 interior door trim replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-17, 06:16 AM
Mavsbball
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '14 IS250 interior door trim replacement

Hey everyone,

im trying to see if it is possible to replace the silver plastic trim that runs along the arm rest on the two front doors on my is250?

Does this piece pop out? And is it sold separately from the door panel?
Old 03-13-17, 05:38 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Try this...also i believe there are Youtube videos that also show how take it apart
3. REMOVE FRONT DOOR INSIDE HANDLE BEZEL PLUG(a) Using a moulding remover, disengage the 3 claws to remove the front door inside handle bezel plug.
4. REMOVE MULTIPLEX NETWORK MASTER SWITCH ASSEMBLY WITH FRONT DOOR ARMREST BASE PANEL (for Driver Side)(a) Using a moulding remover, disengage the 2 clips, 7 claws and 6 guides.
(b) Disconnect the connector to remove the multiplex network master switch assembly with front door armrest base panel.

5. REMOVE POWER WINDOW REGULATOR SWITCH ASSEMBLY WITH FRONT DOOR ARMREST BASE PANEL (for Front Passenger Side)(a) Using a moulding remover, disengage the 2 clips, 7 claws and 6 guides.
(b) Disconnect the connector to remove the power window regulator switch assembly with front door armrest base panel.

6. REMOVE FRONT DOOR ARMREST COVER(a) Using a moulding remover, disengage the 2 claws.
(b) Disengage the 2 guides to remove the front door armrest cover.

7. REMOVE COURTESY LIGHT ASSEMBLY

Click here

8. REMOVE FRONT DOOR NO. 1 STIFFENER CUSHION(a) Remove the screw and front door No. 1 stiffener cushion.
9. REMOVE FRONT DOOR TRIM BOARD SUB-ASSEMBLY(a) Put protective tape around the front door panel.
(b) Remove the 3 screws.
(c) Using a clip remover, disengage the 9 clips.(d) Pull out the front door trim board sub-assembly as shown in the illustration.
Reference Boss
Front Door Inner Glass Weatherstrip
(e) Disengage the reference boss from the front door panel.

(f) Raise the front door trim board sub-assembly and disconnect the front door trim board sub-assembly together with the front door inner glass weatherstrip.

(g) Disconnect each connector.
Old 03-14-17, 06:00 AM
Mavsbball
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks that helps with getting the door off which doesn't seem too bad.

But the silver trim trim piece along that armrest on the door, can that be repaired or purchased from somewhere?
Old 03-14-17, 07:46 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mavsbball
Thanks that helps with getting the door off which doesn't seem too bad.

But the silver trim trim piece along that armrest on the door, can that be repaired or purchased from somewhere?
I believe the piece does come off seperately as a few guys on here have sent it out to get wrapped in real carbon fiber.
There may be some screws holding it on, but i think once you get the trim panel off that holds the switches you will probably get a better idea.
You may not need to take the entire door panel off.
Old 03-14-17, 01:37 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
I believe the piece does come off seperately as a few guys on here have sent it out to get wrapped in real carbon fiber.
There may be some screws holding it on, but i think once you get the trim panel off that holds the switches you will probably get a better idea.
You may not need to take the entire door panel off.
Any videos on how to just remove the window switch cover? to get it wrapped?

Or can I just disregard all the other images except the part that instructs about the window switch trim?
Old 03-14-17, 02:16 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

[/QUOTE]Or can I just disregard all the other images except the part that instructs about the window switch trim?[/QUOTE]

Yes to the above...the trim is only held in with clips. Get a quality trim tool that won't damage the trim...nothing metallic.
If you're using something metal (which i don't advise), wrap it in masking tape first.
Old 03-14-17, 02:20 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks, and the actually switches that operations the windows. Are they just attached with screws?
Old 03-14-17, 02:25 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nathantse
Thanks, and the actually switches that operations the windows. Are they just attached with screws?
I haven't taking the IS trim off, but on my Highlander, the other doors with the individual switches, they were just clipped in.
I think the driver's door had Philip screws (the star point).
For the IS it's either Philip screws or just clipped it. The clips can be a little tough to release all at once as the surrounding plastic is thin, so if you pry too hard it will crack.
Patience and an extra hand to release a couple clips at once would be good.