IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F-sport bumper conversion

Old 03-09-17, 03:32 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos0351
I just ordered the headlamb washer heads, took me a long time to track down the part numbers.

I would highly suggest getting the bumper kit with the TRD lip splitters, your paint shop will paint them for no extra charge, just tell them its stock piece to the bumper lol.

the install is pretty straight forward, assembling the center grill is a bit of a puzzle, but its pretty easy.

tips:
1. Use blankets to protect the fresh paint on your new bumper
2. when reinstalling, start from the center bolts out, keep all bolts loose until your bumper is lined up perfectly.
3. assemble center grill prior to installing bumper.
4. when assembling center grill, be sure to use the screws provided.

Heres the best pics i have for a front pic.

Get the LED headlight, and your front end will be perfect!
Old 03-09-17, 05:31 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bought the OEM parts almost the same price as the ebay link.
Old 03-09-17, 05:37 AM
tdawson2
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AMNss

Bought the OEM parts almost the same price as the ebay link.
You didn't add the link correctly. It looks like you already had an f-sport? There's a fair number of parts required to do an OEM conversion from the base model. The bumper I originally posted comes with custom brackets that remove the need for replacing practically the entire front-end.
Old 03-09-17, 06:32 AM
cosmos0351
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
Get the LED headlight, and your front end will be perfect!
link to headlight?
Old 03-09-17, 06:36 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tdawson2
You didn't add the link correctly. It looks like you already had an f-sport? There's a fair number of parts required to do an OEM conversion from the base model. The bumper I originally posted comes with custom brackets that remove the need for replacing practically the entire front-end.
The parts are almost the same the only extra thing I have is the fog lights. My car is a Luxury package not the base model. BTW I bought the parts from the dealership not ebay.
Old 03-09-17, 12:14 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Off topic..

But for those who had did the OEM fsport conversion.. how much was just the bumper alone?

Curious, since I didn't get a clear bra, and in the future I got a feeling the front would be sand blasted with rock chips.

Is it cheaper than repainting?
Old 03-09-17, 06:40 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
Off topic..

But for those who had did the OEM fsport conversion.. how much was just the bumper alone?

Curious, since I didn't get a clear bra, and in the future I got a feeling the front would be sand blasted with rock chips.

Is it cheaper than repainting?
Without factoring in shipping, and going off of Lexus of Englewood's site, the bumper is $330 without primer nor paint. In parts, the conversion would end up around $1500.

Clear bra on the front is definitely cheaper than repainting the entire thing. There's no way just the bumper would cost more than $600, a low estimate on painting the bumper.
Old 03-09-17, 06:50 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
Without factoring in shipping, and going off of Lexus of Englewood's site, the bumper is $330 without primer nor paint. In parts, the conversion would end up around $1500.

Clear bra on the front is definitely cheaper than repainting the entire thing. There's no way just the bumper would cost more than $600, a low estimate on painting the bumper.
So... ~600$ for a brand new painted OEM bumper only?

I'm not doing a conversion. I'm speaking in terms of replacing a fsport bumper only. I didn't get a clear bra, and 1 year into ownership my front had a good amount of rock chips.
Old 03-09-17, 06:53 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
So... ~600$ for a brand new painted OEM bumper only?

I'm not doing a conversion. I'm speaking in terms of replacing a fsport bumper only. I didn't get a clear bra, and 1 year into ownership my front had a good amount of rock chips.
I think it definitely depends on the cost of paint. 600 is definitely low and I would expect it to be closer to 1000 for paint. Bumper is 330, but shipping is supposedly another 200 dollars.
Old 03-09-17, 06:56 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
I think it definitely depends on the cost of paint. 600 is definitely low and I would expect it to be closer to 1000 for paint. Bumper is 330, but shipping is supposedly another 200 dollars.
If you're going through a Lexus dealer, why do you need to pay for shipping?

I will have to check with my dealer to find out
Old 03-12-17, 10:07 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos0351
link to headlight?
There is no direct link, you can PM me if you are interested in it.
Old 03-13-17, 01:15 AM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Why don't more people source bumpers from a wrecker? I paid 200$ for the bumper and full grill with surround. It needs a small gouge filled and sanded, but that's about it. No more work than sanding and painting a brand new primered bumper.

I need to get that bumper sold. I bought it to do a swap on my old 2006 IS350, but I traded that in on a 2016 F-sport. Maybe I'll just do the swap on to the wifes Executive model.
Old 03-13-17, 04:14 AM
vodee3is
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a white f-sport bumper with a small gouge in it that can easily be filled and sanded. just the bumper only. Im in north jersey if anyone wants it just throw me offers. and if you need any other parts like the grilles or something let me know i work at a Lexus dealer
Old 03-13-17, 11:30 PM
jjmdr27
Driver School Candidate

Hi Im new here, i have an is250 2015 base model, I just want to ask if how much did it cost you to do all the conversion? And can u show me a before and after picture of conversion.is your IS a base model as well?thankyou so much!!
Old 03-13-17, 11:33 PM
jjmdr27
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tdawson2
Hi jow much did it cost you for all the conversions tnx!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F-sport bumper conversion