IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

My BBK nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-16, 12:23 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Default My BBK nightmare

Hey guys so in serious need of advice. Not naming any names/shops or vendors. I just want to know if anyone has experienced this as well.

Got my BBK installed Friday great! installer said there was some paint where the bleeders threaded into causing a leak because my vendor painted them. no biggie he took them out cleaned them sealed great. Drove the car saturday spongy pedal. Took it back monday to my installer, bleeders were leaking fluid again. he retapped them and tightened up the bleeders. brakes bit hard like they should. great!

got home a little bit of brake fluid on top the bleeders i wouldn't say its leaking. feedback from the brake pedal has decreased a little. there should be no brake fluid at all on the bleeders though.

Vendor pointing fingers at installer, installer pointing fingers at vendor. The calipers are Wilwood so its not junk. What do you guys recommend i do? really frustrated here.
Old 05-03-16, 02:08 PM
Vivid101
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds like a product defect. need to get the vendor to look into this.
Old 05-03-16, 02:44 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

I'd contact Wilwood directly and see what they have to say. But the fact that your installer 'retapped' the bleeder holes might have screwed your warranty.
Old 05-03-16, 03:50 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

thanks for the responses guys. Yeah the vendor is being helpful but is saying my installer has no clue what they're doing and the installer is saying the vendor doesn't want to admit they're product is defective. so yeah its a nightmare. called wildwood and they recommended new bleeder kits for the front and back. so gonna look into that hopefully that works.

if anyone else can input id be greatly appreciative of it need all the help i can get right now lol
Old 05-03-16, 04:21 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Well the way the bleeder keeps fluid inside to the caliper has to be considered.

The bleeder screw is tapered on the bottom almost to a point, and that taper has to seat on a corresponding taper machined into the caliper. If the surfaces aren't smooth and the SAME ANGLE, brake fluid will leak through.
Old 05-03-16, 06:29 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like you're talking about rr racing bbk. if its correct then just text Simon or Rafi they will be able to help you out. at first i have issue with the bleeders too. the problem is that the guy need to unscrew the small black crew on top of the yellow one, i brought it to the 1st shop and they try to unscrew the yellow part which broke the bleeder. then shipped back to Rafi, he then fix it for me and i brought it to a different shop. once again the guy broke it because he unscrew the yellow part. then Simon order 4 bleeders for me from Willwood for free. the BBK work perfect since then.
p/s for your problem i suggest you ask for new bleeders and go to an experience shop to let them reseal it. i know how you feel brah. its took me almost 2 weeks to get it working properly.
Old 05-03-16, 06:47 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sandiegoer
sounds like you're talking about rr racing bbk. if its correct then just text Simon or Rafi they will be able to help you out. at first i have issue with the bleeders too. the problem is that the guy need to unscrew the small black crew on top of the yellow one, i brought it to the 1st shop and they try to unscrew the yellow part which broke the bleeder. then shipped back to Rafi, he then fix it for me and i brought it to a different shop. once again the guy broke it because he unscrew the yellow part. then Simon order 4 bleeders for me from Willwood for free. the BBK work perfect since then.
p/s for your problem i suggest you ask for new bleeders and go to an experience shop to let them reseal it. i know how you feel brah. its took me almost 2 weeks to get it working properly.
just shot you a pm!
Old 05-03-16, 10:00 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't worry when you purchase products from them. They r some of a few vendors I have good experience to buy stuff with. I can guarantee their customer satisfaction.