IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Navigation Screen Damage

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-17, 10:12 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by eyecue
This has also happened to me. Took it to dealer they say it's not covered under my Certified Pre-Owned Warranty because it doesn't cover "appearance". Is this really the case? Anything else I can do?
Try different dealership.

Feel like a broken record here but there is TSB about this issue. Dealership should be able to take care of this for you free of cost for you.
TSB0002-16

Here is all the threads about it on club lexus
https://www.google.com/search?q=SB0002-16+site:www.clublexus.com&num=20&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj54ojn-4HWAhVryFQKHbi1CGwQrQIIMigDMAA&biw=1920&bih=974
The following users liked this post:
eyecue (08-31-17)
Old 08-31-17, 10:38 AM
eyecue
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by specONE
Try different dealership.

Feel like a broken record here but there is TSB about this issue. Dealership should be able to take care of this for you free of cost for you.
TSB0002-16

Here is all the threads about it on club lexus
https://www.google.com/search?q=SB0002-16+site:www.clublexus.com&num=20&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj54ojn-4HWAhVryFQKHbi1CGwQrQIIMigDMAA&biw=1920&bih=974
Sorry it sounds like a broken record but perhaps it's a sign you should get out more often lol.

I checked that thread with the TSB info prior to going out and even showed it to the service adviser and he claimed that's an appearance issue and not covered under warranty. Just looking for confirmation on that or if they are talking ish.
Old 08-31-17, 12:26 PM
specONE
Racer

Its not cosmetic. The coating is anti glare coating and meant to be there.
It is covered under warranty, I had mines replaced under warranty as did many others on here.
I would try a different dealership service department if they don't want to help you. Its easy work for them and Lexus corporate pays them for the work, dont know why they want to turn it away.
Old 08-31-17, 11:00 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Sorry it sounds like a broken record but perhaps it's a sign you should get out more often lol.

I checked that thread with the TSB info prior to going out and even showed it to the service adviser and he claimed that's an appearance issue and not covered under warranty. Just looking for confirmation on that or if they are talking ish.
Not sure why you being a smartass to the person above trying to help? Its a TSB, if your dealer wont change it go to a different one. Did you not read this thread and all the others mentioning they have had this issue fixed FOR FREE under warranty?
Old 08-31-17, 11:23 PM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This has also happened to me. Took it to dealer they say it's not covered under my Certified Pre-Owned Warranty because it doesn't cover "appearance". Is this really the case? Anything else I can do?
There's a TSP on this issue. Show it to the service advisor and tell them to ****** off and fix it
Old 09-01-17, 06:00 AM
eyecue
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by specONE
Its not cosmetic. The coating is anti glare coating and meant to be there.
It is covered under warranty, I had mines replaced under warranty as did many others on here.
I would try a different dealership service department if they don't want to help you. Its easy work for them and Lexus corporate pays them for the work, dont know why they want to turn it away.
I'm no longer under the original warranty, I am under the certified pre owned warranty though, but was told it does not count appearance for warranty. Perhaps that's the issue here. If it's only covered under the original warranty then I understand. I'm not sure how TSB's work. Not sure if they are covered regardless of the miles or if you still have to be under warranty. That's what i'm trying to figure out. I see others have had it replaced but they were all under the original warranty.
Old 09-01-17, 11:00 AM
specONE
Racer

I'm no longer under the original warranty, I am under the certified pre owned warranty though, but was told it does not count appearance for warranty. Perhaps that's the issue here. If it's only covered under the original warranty then I understand. I'm not sure how TSB's work. Not sure if they are covered regardless of the miles or if you still have to be under warranty. That's what i'm trying to figure out. I see others have had it replaced but they were all under the original warranty.
You really need to go to a different dealership.

Certified pre-owned warranty is basically the same as the original warranty but extended in most cases due to difference in the date and mileage purchased at.
I bet you will see plenty of people having certified pre-owned vehicles getting this done soon. People are now just getting into CPO cars due to many that were purchased in 2014 being returned back from their lease. These lease returned are typically sold as certified preowned with warranty.

No sense in debating with us if you haven't tried to go to a different dealership service department.

In the end, of nobody wants to take care of you, its just a $60 replacement part that you can swap out yourself with basic hand tools if you feel comfortable doing so.

Last edited by specONE; 03-10-18 at 07:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
eyecue (09-01-17)