Do I get some kind of alert...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-16, 07:35 PM
UniqueMe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I get some kind of alert...

When someone kicks or hurts my baby?
Yes, I'm a Noob and excited to join for some reason.
Old 03-15-16, 07:44 PM
TrueDat96
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Care to elaborate more?....
Old 03-15-16, 07:48 PM
UniqueMe
Driver School Candidate

I live in a condo and have experienced ppl where they damage my car (scratches, dents, etc.)
My question is if someone touches my car again, do I get some kind of alert or text stating that my car has been harmed? I just bought my ride a few months ago and wondering.
Old 03-15-16, 08:21 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I think you're referring to Lexus Enform which alerts you via your phone if your doors are unlocked, windows/trunk/hood are opened. But, not for scratches or dents. The app is free for the first year.

Look into a dash cam if you're worried about folks damaging your car where you live.
Old 03-15-16, 08:35 PM
UniqueMe
Driver School Candidate

Won't the dash cam prevent theft tho?
Old 03-15-16, 08:36 PM
UniqueMe
Driver School Candidate

I meant non-prevent. They'll steal my camera...lol
Old 03-15-16, 08:56 PM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can get a glass breakage sensor from the dealer.
Old 03-15-16, 10:55 PM
CriMe
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ This is what I did. I had a LED security light, glass sensor and shock sensors added to the factory setup. My car is a 2016 with Lexus Enform and there were no aftermarket security systems compatible with it at the time. Current setup suits my needs.
Old 03-16-16, 07:17 AM
Vivid101
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you guys have insurance right? If someone wants my car that bad, they can have it.
Old 03-16-16, 07:53 AM
CriMe
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vivid101
you guys have insurance right? If someone wants my car that bad, they can have it.
Seriously?

A lot of people here have invested a lot of time into their cars. Getting a new one may not always be the preferred choice. With that kind of outlook, why not tie a bow around the car for the lowlife scumbag who comes to steal it? Sometimes we'd like to be proactive to protect the things we have worked for. A theft deterrent obviously does not make the car theft proof, but it certainly couldn't hurt anything. Not to mention, who actually likes dealing with insurance claims anyway?

UniqueMe, welcome to the site. This is a very informative place. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.
Old 03-16-16, 09:26 AM
Vivid101
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If someone wants to key your car, the security system will not stop them. It will be keyed. If they want to steal it, it will happen. If they want to take your wheels/tires, yep, it will happen regardless of if you have an alarm or flame throwers.

Thats why you pay as much as you do for insurance. These are not rare cars where only 15 were made.

I've had my car stolen once. wheels, electronics, intercooler and everything that could be taken quick was taken. Insurance covered those parts because I had pictures and documentation of buying them.

Insurance should make you worry less. Drive your car, have fun, be smart where you park at night.
Old 03-16-16, 07:17 PM
UniqueMe
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I should stop being paranoid. Maybe I won't care as much in a few months. If it happens, I'll deal with it in my own way 👿
Old 03-17-16, 10:07 AM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was paranoid too, but over time I realized that this car isn't some rare collector car. It's a relatively common car so as long as you don't park it in sketchy areas, you should be fine. Also park far away from everyone, preferably at curb/end parking spots, if you're afraid of scratches and dings (that's what I do).
Old 03-17-16, 10:29 AM
MatrixPC
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vivid101
If someone wants to key your car, the security system will not stop them. It will be keyed. If they want to steal it, it will happen. If they want to take your wheels/tires, yep, it will happen regardless of if you have an alarm or flame throwers.
It's suck but that's the reality we live in. If they really want it, nothing will stop them. We buy insurance for a reason.
Old 03-17-16, 05:15 PM
newb123
Rookie

How did you set up the enform app? I scanned my barcode on the app and it can't ewad the VIN for some reason

Quick Reply: Do I get some kind of alert...