IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus & IS Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-15, 10:43 PM
is350fs15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus & IS Newbie

Hey, everyone! I'm just joining this forum after purchasing my first Lexus, an Ultra White on Black 2015 IS F Sport, on 11 AUG 15, and wanted to let everyone know and join in on the fun! This car is my Retirement from the Army (23+ years; will be officially retired on 01JAN16) present to myself (and from my lovely wife )! This is my second Toyota product (I also have a 2004 Toyota 4Runner with almost 180,000 miles - bought it with 160k+) and as I expected, I absolutely love it! After about half a day of ownership, I went from not wanting to change a thing on it, to having quite a little wishlist going, already. So far, I have had the dealer install the Xylon (not sure if this is a Lexus dealership-wide option or just a Hawaii thing) paint and interior protection, as well as 35% tint all around. I just received my Weathertech Digitalfit floor liners/mats, today, and will probably drop them in tomorrow, after a quick touch-up vacuuming. I also received the Heatshield sun screen for the windshield, yesterday, and it fits like a glove and works amazingly! As far as my wishlist, I have taken some cues, hints, and ideas from some of the members on this forum and it includes:

-ACE Alloy Convex 19x8.5 & 19x10 in Titanium (plan to either have them gloss clear powdercoated, or possibly gloss black)

or

-Velgen VMB5 19x9 & 19x10.5 (same powdercoating choices as above)
-gloss black chrome blackout/delete on grill and window trim
-RSR Down springs
-EZ Lip splitter/spoiler
-Japanese-spec (IS/F Sport) fog/driving lights (is there a kit for this?)

and the following Lexus Accessories:
-glass breakage sensor
-F-Sport Flat Tire Repair Kit
-F-Sport Performance Exhaust
-F-Sport Performance Air Intake
-F-Sport Shock Absorbers
-F-Sport Rear Spoiler
-Illuminated Door Sills
-F-Sport Key Gloves (currently have the Lexus key gloves)

Please feel free to let me know the hard facts, opinions, and ideas on any of these mods. I look forward to interacting with all of you and racking up many miles on my IS!

Last edited by is350fs15; 08-20-15 at 10:50 PM. Reason: left out a detail
Old 08-20-15, 10:59 PM
Kov
Driver

Hello & Welcome to the forum.

Just want to say thank you for serving in the army and what a great gift you got yourself.

I'll only comment on few accy's to help kick things of.

(EZ Lip) - you should consider all-fit lip, lot of guys on the forum use it and from reviews sounds like its made from more durable/higher end quality. They are one of the sponsor on the forum and can get you hooked up with a little discount for being a CL member >> http://allfitautomotive.com/

(F-Sport Exhaust) - one of the more quiet ones but if you want something that has minimal to no 'drone' at all you should def consider.
Old 08-20-15, 11:05 PM
is350fs15
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Kov, Thanks!

Thanks, Kov, for your reply and advice. I will definitely check into the All Fit Lip; 'preciate that insight. BTW, is that your back-lit logo in your icon? If so, would you mind cluing me in on what it's actually called and where to get it? Thanks, again, and glad to be a part of this forum. Your welcome, BTW, and thank you, regarding my service in the Army!
Old 08-20-15, 11:08 PM
Kov
Driver

Originally Posted by is350fs15
Thanks, Kov, for your reply and advice. I will definitely check into the All Fit Lip; 'preciate that insight. BTW, is that your back-lit logo in your icon? If so, would you mind cluing me in on what it's actually called and where to get it? Thanks, again, and glad to be a part of this forum. Your welcome, BTW, and thank you, regarding my service in the Army!
just a logo I found on the internet
Old 08-20-15, 11:09 PM
is350fs15
Driver School Candidate

OK, thanks again!
Old 08-20-15, 11:34 PM
is350fs15
Driver School Candidate

Default Kov, P.S.

I somehow missed the note on the F-Sport exhaust, the first time around, but thank you. I haven't heard one (that I know of), yet; have you? Just wondering what your opinion is on the sound difference compared to stock. Thanks again.