Stretched Hankook Evo V12 ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-15, 08:20 AM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Stretched Hankook Evo V12 ???

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone has put 265/30/19 Hankook Evo V12 on 10.5" wide wheels. I wanted to see what type of stretch I am looking at. I am just not a big fan of stretched tires

Wheels are 19x10.5 et43. Am I looking at any potential rubbing lowered on RS*R Downs?

I know there are a couple of cars rocking Velgen wheels with the same specs but they have Falken tires. Do Falkens run wider than usual?

Thanks in Advance
Old 02-20-15, 09:03 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you're not a fan of stretched tires, why not put a 305 on that wheel? Put a real tire on the car rather than making it just look ridiculous by stretching it....

Furthermore, can the 3IS support a 305 without coming beyond flush with the fender?
Old 02-20-15, 09:46 AM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would agree that the wheel width is really too wide for our cars. A 10.5" rim makes the rear wheel look like it sticks out. It definitely looks aftermarket and not quite right.

The 265/30 can go on a 10.5" without stretching too bad but it belongs better on a 9.5" to 10" rim.

Lol about the 305 tire. Yeah, don't do that. That is a 12" wide tire that is over an inch bigger in diameter. It'd be pinched up on the rim and also throw your gearing all off not to mention sticking out past your fender of course.

Best bet would be to find a 9" to 10" wide rim.

And don't run Falken tires in order to fit on a rim. Get some quality tires, there plenty to choose from. On a budget, go RE760 from Bridgestone. A bit more to spend, how about the S04 PP. Want the best street tire, go with the PSS. Theres no reason to spend good money on wheels and then end up running some cheap crap nitto, sumitomo, hankook, falken tires. Yes, i've run hankooks. No I will not run them again. They compete well with value priced (ie, cheap crap) tires.

Mike

Last edited by bhvrdr; 02-20-15 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-20-15, 06:11 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Ok so this went south fast...

Originally Posted by Swacer
If you're not a fan of stretched tires, why not put a 305 on that wheel? Put a real tire on the car rather than making it just look ridiculous by stretching it....

Furthermore, can the 3IS support a 305 without coming beyond flush with the fender?
To answer your question...no you can not put 305 tires on an IS. As stated, I am not a fan of stretched tires but there is a level of acceptance. Slight stretch is acceptable if that is what it takes to fit the wheel. Nobody mentioned ridiculous stretch. It was a mere question to people who are running 10.5" wide wheels (in the rear). There are pleanty who do...Anyone who has Velgen wheels for instance. It is not us common as you may think.

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
I would agree that the wheel width is really too wide for our cars. A 10.5" rim makes the rear wheel look like it sticks out. It definitely looks aftermarket and not quite right.

The 265/30 can go on a 10.5" without stretching too bad but it belongs better on a 9.5" to 10" rim.

Lol about the 305 tire. Yeah, don't do that. That is a 12" wide tire that is over an inch bigger in diameter. It'd be pinched up on the rim and also throw your gearing all off not to mention sticking out past your fender of course.

Best bet would be to find a 9" to 10" wide rim.

And don't run Falken tires in order to fit on a rim. Get some quality tires, there plenty to choose from. On a budget, go RE760 from Bridgestone. A bit more to spend, how about the S04 PP. Want the best street tire, go with the PSS. Theres no reason to spend good money on wheels and then end up running some cheap crap nitto, sumitomo, hankook, falken tires. Yes, i've run hankooks. No I will not run them again. They compete well with value priced (ie, cheap crap) tires.

Mike
I am by no mean new to modifying cars

I would partially agree about the 10.5" not being the right size for the Is. However, with conservative offsets. Unfortunately the new set of wheels I have my eyes on come in 9.5 and 10.5 with the wider being more aesthetically appealing (concavity).

Again, it was just a pic request to see 265/30 hankooks on 19x10.5 wheels. I already have the tires. I just wanted to see what kind of stretch I am looking at before i make a decision.

I don't know why you think that the V12s are bad tires. I bought a second set because I was so impressed with the first one. By no means a cheap tire in my opinion. It is a bit ignorant to knock out a tire based on not even sure what your criteria is. The Evo V12s are by no means in the PSS league but they do pretty good against Bridgestone, Continental and ets.

By no means a budget tire when they are priced higher than some of the listed above.
Old 02-20-15, 06:18 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

To clarify....this is too much stretch in my opinoin so I will not be doing 10.5 rears...
Old 02-20-15, 08:43 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

V12's aren't bad....but TBH, i'd also suggest getting a better tire. The work fine for cars that don't ever drive aggressively though, so if that's you, then go for it. Otherwise, yes the RE760 is a great alternative.

Also, in regards to the tire brands, while i LOVE Bridgestone (they are my favorite tire brand), I would hardly group Nitto, Falken and Hankook in the bad/cheap tire category. Nitto/Toyo has been around a long time and proven itself, Falken as well. Hankook is the newest of the bunch, but also proven itself, especially in the past 5 years. All of them have some VERY fast tires, whether R comp or Street category.

This is coming from someone who's run many different tiers of tires: Advan AD08, Dunlop Z1 SS, Bridgestone RE11, S04 PP & RE760, Falken RT615 & FK452, and yes, V12's both V1 and V2, among others.

Last edited by CLUM; 02-20-15 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-20-15, 08:44 PM
EJ255t
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

at the end of the day, its all about taste and preference.

for me i love this look, i have the velgen VMB5 on order and cant wait!
Old 02-20-15, 10:24 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Absolutely...

I would agree. The Hankooks are definitely not the best out there but they do a decent job. I got a deal on the V12s that I couldn't pass so those are already in the garage.