IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

RS*R Down Camber Wear...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-17, 11:14 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

We've been selling the SPC camber arms like hot cakes.. Contact us for pricing!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-23-17, 12:21 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
We've been selling the SPC camber arms like hot cakes.. Contact us for pricing!

-Josh
do you know if one has to raise the height of a car (on coilovers) in order to install the spc camber arms and then lower it again?
Old 08-23-17, 09:14 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
do you know if one has to raise the height of a car (on coilovers) in order to install the spc camber arms and then lower it again?
Don't think so, but the last customer I sold these to said it was a pain to install so he is going to take it to a shop instead of doing it himself. He installed his coils at home they day of.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-24-17, 09:44 AM
600rr
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Not necessary to raise the car to install camber arm. However, it does require some upper body strength and is easily accomplished with two person.
Old 08-24-17, 10:52 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

maybe I didn't make myself clear enough: are you guys talking about the height of the car at present because mine is pretty low on rs*r coilovers (not springs) and I don't want to ruin the stance of the car as mine is far lower than any of the major spring makers' lowest offerings. that, and the wheels would raise the top to a factory look as a necessity as they work with the camber arms to reduce negative camber. wouldn't that in and of itself raise the car?
Old 08-24-17, 02:46 PM
600rr
Pole Position

Hold up. Not sure what you're trying to say. The camber arm will be adjusted 1-2 degrees to get the camber back into spec.
Are you saying that the camber arm will raise the height of the car?
To install, take the wheels off, remove the factory camber arm and put the new ones on. Then bring the car to have an alignment where they can properly adjust the camber. Some cars are a bit harder to install, but the technique is pretty much the same.
Old 08-24-17, 03:00 PM
LeeJonah
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 600rr
Hold up. Not sure what you're trying to say. The camber arm will be adjusted 1-2 degrees to get the camber back into spec.
Are you saying that the camber arm will raise the height of the car?
To install, take the wheels off, remove the factory camber arm and put the new ones on. Then bring the car to have an alignment where they can properly adjust the camber. Some cars are a bit harder to install, but the technique is pretty much the same.
when you correct the camber, the wheel might hit the fender. Therefore you'd have to raise the car.
The following users liked this post:
davyjordi (08-24-17)
Old 08-24-17, 03:04 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LeeJonah
when you correct the camber, the wheel might hit the fender. Therefore you'd have to raise the car.
there, that's the answer i was looking for. thanks!
Old 08-24-17, 03:41 PM
600rr
Pole Position

I see. What are your current alignment specs? Are you slammed?
Unless you have spacers or wide rims, I don't think it will rub.
If it does rub, you'll have to decide between camber or ride height. All part of the lowering game.
Old 08-24-17, 04:32 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 600rr
I see. What are your current alignment specs? Are you slammed?
Unless you have spacers or wide rims, I don't think it will rub.
If it does rub, you'll have to decide between camber or ride height. All part of the lowering game.
both sides are around -2.5. I'm pretty sure it will rub and in that case, i'll take the camber over the raised look. i'll add that it was also around -2.5 camber when I was running rs*r down springs, the rs*r coilovers made no difference one way or the other.

Edit: I'm not slammed.

Last edited by davyjordi; 08-25-17 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-31-17, 05:37 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Almost a 3yr old thread and it appears that lowering your car with aftermarket springs with factory shocks alone will prematurely ruin your rear tires. I had Swift springs with the factory shocks and when I inspected my rear tires the cords were showing more on the passenger side than the drivers side just like the tire pic in this thread.

Now I'm curious as to how many others had experience the same type of uneven wear on the passenger rear vs the drivers side rear and what is causing one side to wear more than the other?
Old 09-07-17, 10:28 AM
Tyrant32
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad there is a thread on this. I'm about to install Downs in my IS350 AWD F Sport. Suspension and alignment is factory at the moment. For you all that have installed these springs, have you had to get camber arms (i.e. SPC or Figs) in order to return to factory camber and overall alignment parameters?
Old 09-07-17, 01:28 PM
Napalvr
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

[QUOTE=Tyrant32;9976164]Glad there is a thread on this. I'm about to install Downs in my IS350 AWD F Sport. Suspension and alignment is factory at the moment. For you all that have installed these springs, have you had to get camber arms (i.e. SPC or Figs) in order to return to factory camber and overall alignment parameters?[/QUOTE
I did not have to do anything with mine. Camber came in within factory specs albeit on the high side in the rear(-2.3) and the front was better Been 2.5 years now and no problems. Yes mine is AWD.
Old 09-07-17, 01:55 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyrant32
Glad there is a thread on this. I'm about to install Downs in my IS350 AWD F Sport. Suspension and alignment is factory at the moment. For you all that have installed these springs, have you had to get camber arms (i.e. SPC or Figs) in order to return to factory camber and overall alignment parameters?
Same answer as Napalvr. 2014 IS250 F Sport AWD...specs were within factory specs, but camber was on the high side on the rear, closer to middle of spec range on the front. It's only been half a year since I lowered it though.
Going to do a follow up alignment Saturday to see how things are going and tweak the front camber a smidgen...not because I have to, but because I want to.
Old 01-29-18, 03:23 PM
AmaZNGR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2015 IS350 FSport AWD and I put the RSR Downs on the front only along with a new set of 19" wheels and tires. 3 months and 8800 miles and the front inner tire is gone. I like how it sits and rides. The alignment is all in the green. I can not find any sort of adj camber kit for the front of the AWD. I have looked into adj ball joints, and the USRS bushings even. I am getting conflicting advise.

So I need some clarity, is it the camber or a toe issue on the front that is kiiling my tires? Both are on spec. (if so, where can I find the solution)

Or is it the toe issue under hard breaking and acceleration? Which may happen from time to time.

Quick Reply: RS*R Down Camber Wear...