Special Order Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 02:13 PM
st1013
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special Order Issues

Hi Everyone,

I need some advice. So I ordered a IS350 AWD last November from my local dealer. Everything seemed to be going great until this weekend when I was told that my order was cancelled and I wouldn't be receiving my car I ordered around mid-march as promised. The dealer said something about a Lexus cooling off period? The main reason I ordered the car was the color combo (atomic silver\black interior) with the Pre-Collision System.

Now the dealer is saying I need to add the Luxury package in order to get the Pre-Collision System? They don't have any cars on the lot with the Pre-Collision System and they are trying to push one they have on the lot.

I've asked them for options and they are working to figure out how they can get me a car by mid-March.

What should I do now? What can I ask for?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 02-03-14, 02:23 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,604 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Which dealer?
Old 02-03-14, 02:29 PM
st1013
Driver School Candidate

Lexus of Bellevue
Old 02-03-14, 02:31 PM
skip000
Driver School Candidate

Default new order

I just placed an order two days ago for an IS350.... I wanted one with the cold weather package,and M L sound system, and was told no one orders those packages and if I really wanted them, I would have to special order, and would have to wait 5 months...but I did it ,and it should be in by July 1st.I also ordered the Atomic Silver with black interior with 18 inch wheels, luxury and nav package too! I hope there is not a delay in getting it......
Old 02-03-14, 02:35 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,604 Likes on 1,022 Posts

PCS is a stand alone option and doesn't require the Luxury Package to get it, though it may be easier to find one equipped that way. I haven't heard anything of a cooling off period.

You might want to inquire about ordering one from another dealership. I've had fantastic success with Lexus of Seattle in Lynnwood. It might be worth your drive up there, or even a phone call, to see if they can order you the car you desire.
Old 02-03-14, 03:01 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skip000
I just placed an order two days ago for an IS350.... I wanted one with the cold weather package,and M L sound system, and was told no one orders those packages and if I really wanted them, I would have to special order, and would have to wait 5 months...but I did it ,and it should be in by July 1st.I also ordered the Atomic Silver with black interior with 18 inch wheels, luxury and nav package too! I hope there is not a delay in getting it......
Which dealer in CT ?
Old 02-03-14, 07:24 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

To the OP, that's too bad and totally unacceptable to me. They didn't seem to make any effort to correct this or make it up to you. I would change dealer, mention what happened, and have them meet your new expectations.
Old 02-03-14, 07:47 PM
VGer
Rookie

With regards to PCS, I was going to get it, but then read what it actually does, which isn't much:

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/deskto...ash-prevention

Basically it does this "Oh hey! You're going to hit something! You're not going to brake? OK I'll brake, but only enough to reduce your speed slightly before you collide with the object anyway..." It's very basic...

Also note page 242 of the manual listing all the things that can set it off:

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_04-05.pdf

Last edited by VGer; 02-03-14 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-03-14, 09:00 PM
cFoo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be glad they even took your special order. In Canada, they tell us to go away because you can only get a Lexus as is.
Old 02-04-14, 07:37 AM
skip000
Driver School Candidate

Default dealer in connecticut

the dealer I ordered from is Lexus McDermott in East haven Ct....and they gave me almost $3,000 off the MSRP....50,000 car with all the options for 47,000. Hope all goes well with this special order
Old 02-04-14, 09:09 AM
viNz86
Rookie

Originally Posted by cFoo
Be glad they even took your special order. In Canada, they tell us to go away because you can only get a Lexus as is.
Which dealership? I talked to the OpenRoad's and Regency dealerships and all of them were happy to special order a vehicle for me.
Old 02-04-14, 10:37 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the dealer I ordered from is Lexus McDermott in East haven Ct....and they gave me almost $3,000 off the MSRP....50,000 car with all the options for 47,000. Hope all goes well with this special order
I special ordered from a diffferent dealer in CT. I had no problems at all wih my special order. I ordered in August. At tthe time, they told me I would have the car between 3-4 months, which happened. They can keep you informed all the way including when order is officially proessed, when the build week will be, when it is shipped and when it is in port (Elizabeth-Newark).
Old 02-04-14, 10:41 AM
skip000
Driver School Candidate

My dealer said they will know nothing till it's built and ready to ship...I hope your right with a quicker delivery time...3 months would be great...only time will tell
Old 02-04-14, 09:37 PM
cFoo
Driver

Originally Posted by viNz86
Which dealership? I talked to the OpenRoad's and Regency dealerships and all of them were happy to special order a vehicle for me.
Ditchmond. They said you can only order packages available in Canada. Is the OpenRoad the one in Port Moody? I'll have to drop by and see what they can put on the F Sports.
Old 02-05-14, 01:34 PM
VelvetFog
Driver School Candidate

My dealer said they will know nothing till it's built and ready to ship...I hope your right with a quicker delivery time...3 months would be great...only time will tell
That's not true. The sales person at our dealer showed us the screen in the lexus production system that tracks dates of multiple events.

I remember seeing the following dates:
Order Acceptance
Build date start
Ship Date
Port Arrival
Name of the boat.

It think there were a couple more too. We got a call from our sales person each step of the way.

Quick Reply: Special Order Issues