IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

For those that have used VGRS, would you want or not?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-13, 03:17 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those that have used VGRS, would you want or not?

Like Title says, if you were to do it over again, would you get VGRS as an option or save $400 and forget it.. do you like it? pros/cons?
Old 10-16-13, 03:49 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if I can really tell that VGRS works well or not, but the telescoping wheel is cool and alone was worth the $400!

Originally Posted by alexlude
Like Title says, if you were to do it over again, would you get VGRS as an option or save $400 and forget it.. do you like it? pros/cons?
Old 10-16-13, 04:01 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I got it for telescoping wheel too. It's easier to get in and out of car.
Old 10-16-13, 04:03 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexlude
Some of the options available on 3IS were priced very well. Even sales guys I worked with couldn't believe PCS with Adaptive Cruise was only $500. He commented it was usually $1500 option on other cars. Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert is $600, Rear Power Sun Shade was $210 and VGRS comes with Power Tilt-and-Telescopic steering wheel too and is $400.
Old 10-16-13, 06:24 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Anyway to get these options added to the car?
Old 10-16-13, 06:36 PM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

love it and hell if your spending $40-50K already whats an extra $400 and like everyone else love the telescoping steering wheel as well
Old 10-19-13, 05:12 AM
ddb
Rookie

Besides the the very nice and convenient telescopic steering wheel option, and contrary to what most 3IS owners I have spoke to about this (they claim they don't feel a difference), I can tell you the result response from the steering wheel is insane and extremely accurate when doing aggressive driving.

I say for $400 it is one of the best options you can get... Besides the fact that is less than 1% of the vehicle price (thinking of my IS350 F Sport RWD price ).
Old 10-19-13, 05:49 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ddb
Besides the the very nice and convenient telescopic steering wheel option, and contrary to what most 3IS owners I have spoke to about this (they claim they don't feel a difference), I can tell you the result response from the steering wheel is insane and extremely accurate when doing aggressive driving.

I say for $400 it is one of the best options you can get... Besides the fact that is less than 1% of the vehicle price (thinking of my IS350 F Sport RWD price ).

VGRS is an absolute no brainer for the price, even if it came without the telescoping wheel. I drove the IS with and without VGRS and could tell the difference. I chose the AWD version because I live in an area with lots of winter and more hills. If VGRS were offered for AWD, I would have snapped it up.
Old 10-19-13, 06:12 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

I wanted AWD too but no 8 Speed Sport Direct Shift transmission and no VGRS. I just don't understand why Lexus keeps on doing that! You can't get what you want no matter which way you go with the 3IS and have to compromise even with options that are available in other trims of 3IS.
Old 10-19-13, 10:39 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ddb

Originally Posted by CtSFox
VGRS is an absolute no brainer for the price, even if it came without the telescoping wheel. I drove the IS with and without VGRS and could tell the difference. I chose the AWD version because I live in an area with lots of winter and more hills. If VGRS were offered for AWD, I would have snapped it up.
^^^^YUP!!

Def feel a huge difference..if this type of suspension had been in my F...
Old 10-19-13, 11:27 AM
js1011
Rookie

Originally Posted by aTeAse
Anyway to get these options added to the car?
I would think that the dealer would charge you an arm and a leg to install it.

I personally didn't notice the difference. The steering response without the VGRS is already very responsive. With that said, if you didn't get it - I wouldn't sweat it. It is a bonus feature, but not a game changer. You will still enjoy the twisties as much as someone with VGRS. Who knows - maybe the tilt wheel will help prevent the PP hitting it on the way out =p.
Old 10-19-13, 08:20 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CtSFox
I'm a bit confused--doesn't the F-Sport package for the 2014 IS 350 include VGRS? It's not referenced on my window sticker but I thought it was part of the F-Sport package.
Old 10-19-13, 08:25 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
I'm a bit confused--doesn't the F-Sport package for the 2014 IS 350 include VGRS? It's not referenced on my window sticker but I thought it was part of the F-Sport package.
It's an option on IS350 F Sport RWD. If you own this car and have power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel then you should have the VGRS.
Old 10-19-13, 08:30 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SonyHome
It's an option on IS350 F Sport RWD. If you own this car and have power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel then you should have the VGRS.
Thanks for the quick response. My 350 is rwd, but w/o power tilt/telescope. No VGRS on my ride, but I'm satisfied with the steering.