IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

The reason why i hated the IS

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 07:17 PM
palidino
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The reason why i hated the IS

Was going to buy the F30 335i msport, but now i changed and want the new IS 350 fsport

I didnt like the new IS because when lexus posted the pictures of the car in white it was sooooo ugly. Then i saw the car in gray, blue and red. Those colours look really good on the IS but white imo makes it ugly. Will most likely be purchasing the IS if the rear is spacious enough. If its similar to the F30 lexus you got a 20 year old buyer!!!
Old 03-13-13, 07:18 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

just like i predicted everyone will do. it's natural for people to be bias when a newer model come out. lexus will not go backwards. only forward.
Old 03-14-13, 09:21 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't like the white either. Mainly because it makes the DRL LEDs look too far from the headlights. The F-Sport looks much better in darker colors. Looks sleek in black and dark blue.
Old 03-14-13, 10:24 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

i wonder how it looks in real life (white color)... it might look a lot better.
Old 03-14-13, 11:26 AM
Hyrepower
Driver School Candidate

I hate all these pearl color, what man wants sparkles in their paint, very feminine. I like how the Black Lexus uses is JET BLACK, but it is so damn soft it looks like **** and full of scratches if you sneeze 10 feet away from it.
Old 03-14-13, 11:58 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hyrepower
I hate all these pearl color, what man wants sparkles in their paint, very feminine. I like how the Black Lexus uses is JET BLACK, but it is so damn soft it looks like **** and full of scratches if you sneeze 10 feet away from it.
there are quite few blacks that IS uses... 217 is amazing color.
Old 03-14-13, 12:09 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

I agree that the white 3IS was a bad color choice as the official unveil model. Seeing the real-world 3IS pics in different colors make me appreciate the spindle grill design a bit more. I unfortunately still do not like the rear end with the droopy taillights but maybe my opinion on that will change as well when I finally get to see the car in person.
Old 03-14-13, 12:19 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I am sorry to say but its still FUGLY to me no matter what color..
Old 03-14-13, 12:21 PM
LexFather

Again I think the white was a great idea, b/c it really got all the "omg ugly" comments out of the way and now people are warming up to it.

When this thing is modified it will look truly sinister especially in black......
Old 03-14-13, 12:24 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pearl white is actually the finest looking IMO... I guess it just depends on the person
Old 03-16-13, 01:07 PM
Cal1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4

I'll second that. But I'll admit to the "my generation is the best looking generation" syndrome. I first noticed it when I bought a 2000 M5 (E39) Heard all of the earlier gen owners saying how homely my version looked. I just assume "well they probably just can't afford the newest one" or something like that. When the next M5 generation came out, guess who was saying "can't stand the look of the new version" BTW, I think my gen M5 is the best looking one ever made. Regardless of price.
Old 03-16-13, 03:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
i quite like it with with reg. front (non f-sport), but the design overall to me is way too 'busy'.

Originally Posted by Cal1
I'll second that. But I'll admit to the "my generation is the best looking generation" syndrome. I first noticed it when I bought a 2000 M5 (E39) Heard all of the earlier gen owners saying how homely my version looked. I just assume "well they probably just can't afford the newest one" or something like that. When the next M5 generation came out, guess who was saying "can't stand the look of the new version" BTW, I think my gen M5 is the best looking one ever made. Regardless of price.
Originally Posted by Blueprint
Again I think the white was a great idea, b/c it really got all the "omg ugly" comments out of the way and now people are warming up to it.
Cal1, maybe Blueprint's onto something because the first 'bangle butt' 5's and 7's were indeed ugly, but their refreshes made them seem at least much nicer.

i do think lexus has gone unnecessarily ugly with the f-sport stuff (gs and new is). it's like they're appealing to the subaru wrx sti type crowd - make it obnoxiously ugly so it 'stands out'. oh it stands out all right.

Old 03-16-13, 08:31 PM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

I agree about the white color. It does look mean in Black though.
Old 03-17-13, 05:08 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

i do think lexus has gone unnecessarily ugly with the f-sport stuff (gs and new is). it's like they're appealing to the subaru wrx sti type crowd - make it obnoxiously ugly so it 'stands out'. oh it stands out all right.
IS F-Sport is not busy at all. It is "just" in your face. This is why they made 2 different designs, so people who think it is too agressive, can get regular IS... More I look at the regular one, more plain it looks. So at the end, I think I will get F-Sport for sure... just some darker color unless I see white in life and it looks good.
Old 04-11-13, 01:21 PM
mayuj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Oh dear Baby Jebus! This thing looks like it is seriously constipated and trying desperately to drop one! Or perhaps it just cut one?! hahaha!

Quick Reply: The reason why i hated the IS