IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Brought my 2IS in for Fuel Delivery Pipe Gasket recall and now vehicle won't run

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-18, 12:34 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 768 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by MNEWGEN
Thanks MikeFig82. Is it similar to this video here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQXgbSUQ0Yo

I saw that and planned on trying that out since he mentioned to let the keys sit for 30 mins
​​​​​​

​​​​​​Won't you still need Techstream to finish? I've seen similar videos like you posted. When searching for Zero Point Calibration.
Old 11-16-18, 12:45 PM
MNEWGEN
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
​​​​​​

​​​​​​Won't you still need Techstream to finish? I've seen similar videos like you posted. When searching for Zero Point Calibration.
Yes but I was seeing if there were alternatives...
Old 11-16-18, 12:57 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Yes but I was seeing if there were alternatives...
Good luck to you sir.
Old 11-16-18, 03:27 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,484 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Did you get the same exact results with battery out of fob?
You said it didn't start, but did it crank?
Old 11-16-18, 04:23 PM
MNEWGEN
Driver

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Did you get the same exact results with battery out of fob?
You said it didn't start, but did it crank?
I replaced the key fob battery and car battery with both new ones.

When I did what you suggested- remove key fob battery and put the empty fob up to the push start button, it did nothing and did not detect the fob (which I already know this)
Old 11-16-18, 08:36 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

I know you said you checked the fuses, but was it just visually? I recommend checking with a DMM sometimes you could have a hairline crack on a fuse. Check the ignition fuse under the hood, and I think one under the foot well. Not sure which side on this. I assume you have a power issue somewhere. Since the ABS code indicates it's either low voltage, or high. JM2C
Old 11-16-18, 08:51 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

I replaced the key fob battery and car battery with both new ones.

When I did what you suggested- remove key fob battery and put the empty fob up to the push start button, it did nothing and did not detect the fob (which I already know this)

You see this is a piece of the puzzle, yes? Your car should recognize the chip ID integrated into the fob and give you the same response but it doesn't.
So something is wrong with fob/chip ID function in your car as it should have recognized your fob.

You need to follow up in this area.
Old 11-19-18, 06:53 AM
MNEWGEN
Driver

I know you said you checked the fuses, but was it just visually? I recommend checking with a DMM sometimes you could have a hairline crack on a fuse. Check the ignition fuse under the hood, and I think one under the foot well. Not sure which side on this. I assume you have a power issue somewhere. Since the ABS code indicates it's either low voltage, or high. JM2C
I had checked all fuses with a circuit/fuse tester over the weekend and all including the ignition ones good at around 12v.
Old 11-19-18, 06:54 AM
MNEWGEN
Driver

You see this is a piece of the puzzle, yes? Your car should recognize the chip ID integrated into the fob and give you the same response but it doesn't.
So something is wrong with fob/chip ID function in your car as it should have recognized your fob.

You need to follow up in this area.
I removed the fob battery and tried again while pushing the start button about 5-6 times and the vehicle did recognize the remote this time. I did not press start this many times the first try so that's why it didn't recognize the fob without the battery
Old 11-27-18, 01:01 PM
MNEWGEN
Driver

Looks like I'm going to have to pull the dash and use Techstream to troubleshoot...
Old 11-27-18, 02:27 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

I'm surprised that the dealer couldn't diagnose it with techstream without tearing out the dash. I would assume it would detect some errors within the Can Bus system.
Old 12-01-18, 07:49 PM
MNEWGEN
Driver

I'm surprised that the dealer couldn't diagnose it with techstream without tearing out the dash. I would assume it would detect some errors within the Can Bus system.
So a mechanic friend of mine has Techstream that we can work with.. my next question is, would it be possible for me to un-register and re-register the same ID code box and same certification ECU (smart key ECU assembly from what I've learned) without replacing them or if there is a way to reset everything through Techstream?

Reason being is that the dealership had claimed that they tried to reset and clear the code but it won't clear. Ever since then, I haven't been able to confirm that with Techstream and also tried to clear the code by connecting the 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.
Old 07-30-22, 10:07 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

+1 I wouldn't want to risk it either my car runs great now.
I'm due for the airbag, furl sensor. I'm even due for the windshield wiper nut recall. Still I haven't tooken my car to them.
So a mechanic friend of mine has Techstream that we can work with.. my next question is, would it be possible for me to un-register and re-register the same ID code box and same certification ECU (smart key ECU assembly from what I've learned) without replacing them or if there is a way to reset everything through Techstream?

Reason being is that the dealership had claimed that they tried to reset and clear the code but it won't clear. Ever since then, I haven't been able to confirm that with Techstream and also tried to clear the code by connecting the 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.

The four year bump. What did you do to fix this?
Old 08-02-22, 07:05 AM
MNEWGEN
Driver

The four year bump. What did you do to fix this?
How's it going @2013FSport I actually forgot to update this. But it turns out that the Lexus tech had cut one of the wires to my aftermarket remote start alarm system. I don't recall exactly which one but I ended up having my 350 towed to Toyota and they were able to re-wire it for me. I realized I did not mention that when I dropped off my vehicle for service at Lexus, I only gave them the OEM Lexus key fob and did not include the aftermarket remote which is critical because without it, you cannot disarm the vehicle and the alarm will not stop blaring. I would say the Lexus techs were annoyed that they could not disable the alarm so it would make sense that they did what they did to stop the alarm from going off. But they never admitted to cutting the wire.
Old 08-02-22, 10:03 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

How's it going @2013FSport I actually forgot to update this. But it turns out that the Lexus tech had cut one of the wires to my aftermarket remote start alarm system. I don't recall exactly which one but I ended up having my 350 towed to Toyota and they were able to re-wire it for me. I realized I did not mention that when I dropped off my vehicle for service at Lexus, I only gave them the OEM Lexus key fob and did not include the aftermarket remote which is critical because without it, you cannot disarm the vehicle and the alarm will not stop blaring. I would say the Lexus techs were annoyed that they could not disable the alarm so it would make sense that they did what they did to stop the alarm from going off. But they never admitted to cutting the wire.
Howdy... it seems to be a series of unfortunate events all added up. Glad it was an easy fix once everything was known.