New headlight option is coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-19, 05:40 PM
Mysta
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rvtlyzd
Angle and height can be manually adjusted
Cool, looks a little low in your pics, could be wrong though.
Old 01-04-19, 06:55 PM
aNOM
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mysta
Cool, looks a little low in your pics, could be wrong though.
Yeah they need to be adjusted I have not gotten around to it yet.
Old 01-04-19, 07:17 PM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't suppose the white swoosh dims when the headlights are on.
If not, would they be too bright at night?
Old 01-04-19, 08:27 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aNOM
I received mine in the mail a couple days ago. The right headlight was cracked in the corner. Seller told me to file a damage claim to be compensated to be issued another headlight. Its incredibly frustrating as they originally quoted me $375 and then said $400, and then said $500. Light output is not nearly as good as my stock halogen housings with HiDs but they are not terrible. A few things to note. You will want to have your DRL disabled because the high beam will flicker when your DRLs are running (the strip will run anytime the car is on, the high beam will act as the stock DRL and try to run at 50%) . Also the set comes with a separate cable that hooks directly into your fuse box to power the DRL strip on the bottom of the headlight, you need to shave a bit off of the cover to not pinch the cable.

To clear up a few things I read on this post. You can choose clear or amber side markers, they dont light up just reflectors. High beam is LED.

Overall id be happy with the setup but im just incredibly annoyed that I have to go through this process to file a claim.

https://youtu.be/uOVkWKF4eQ4

https://youtu.be/huR0ek-oBCE

Thanks for posting.. So they aren't exactly plug n play then since we would have to wire the DRL (swoosh) to the fuse box? Which fuse do we hook it up to? I'm picking mine up tomorrow hopefully no cracks. Looks good though!
Old 01-04-19, 08:33 PM
Mysta
Driver

Originally Posted by Joelseff
Thanks for posting.. So they aren't exactly plug n play then since we would have to wire the DRL (swoosh) to the fuse box? Which fuse do we hook it up to? I'm picking mine up tomorrow hopefully no cracks. Looks good though!
When I installed the 2012 on my 07 I had to do the same, but I wired it to the 'parking' light spot instead, worked great.
Old 01-04-19, 08:36 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 770 Likes on 672 Posts

I received mine in the mail a couple days ago. The right headlight was cracked in the corner. Seller told me to file a damage claim to be compensated to be issued another headlight. Its incredibly frustrating as they originally quoted me $375 and then said $400, and then said $500. Light output is not nearly as good as my stock halogen housings with HiDs but they are not terrible. A few things to note. You will want to have your DRL disabled because the high beam will flicker when your DRLs are running (the strip will run anytime the car is on, the high beam will act as the stock DRL and try to run at 50%) . Also the set comes with a separate cable that hooks directly into your fuse box to power the DRL strip on the bottom of the headlight, you need to shave a bit off of the cover to not pinch the cable.

To clear up a few things I read on this post. You can choose clear or amber side markers, they dont light up just reflectors. High beam is LED.

Overall id be happy with the setup but im just incredibly annoyed that I have to go through this process to file a claim.

Thanks for posting the review pics. I thought the high beams could be swapped out for regular halogen bulbs? If so maybe adding a ijdmtoy LED DRL, and adjusting the high beams down would be a cleaner look. As all 3 LEDs would be lit up.
Old 01-04-19, 09:53 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I’d be curious to measure luminosity of oem hid vs these. The cutoff is clean just needs properly angled. Not bad at all given its $500 and almost plug and play
Old 01-05-19, 10:44 AM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Just picked up from post office...
Box was pretty beat up. Had a rough trip from China

The lights were banging around inside the box. Opened the box and took this pic Not a lot of padding or packing in there. Not like Vipmotoz.

At least lenses were unscratched or cracked.

The sealing on these are crap. Definitely gotta reseal these bad boys...
Old 01-05-19, 04:10 PM
Mysta
Driver

Originally Posted by Joelseff
Just picked up from post office...
Box was pretty beat up. Had a rough trip from China

The lights were banging around inside the box. Opened the box and took this pic Not a lot of padding or packing in there. Not like Vipmotoz.

At least lenses were unscratched or cracked.

The sealing on these are crap. Definitely gotta reseal these bad boys...
You gonna use silicon or actually heat seal?
Old 01-05-19, 04:13 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mysta
You gonna use silicon or actually heat seal?
I'm gonna use the high flow silicone to fill in the crevices and RTV silicone to seal the outside. Hopefully that'll be good enough.
Old 01-06-19, 08:10 AM
1FlexedLex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice posts guys. Anyone mind posting various shots of the headlamps themselves. (Front back side to side.) curious how the back looks and if its accessable
Old 01-06-19, 08:12 AM
1FlexedLex
Rookie

overall they look good on your car. Would yo mind posting more pics or vids? Did u aim them or just installed them straight out of the box? Also in te video thats not you flicking the High beams to show us. Thats the DRL flickering “malfunction” due to it being LED?

Last edited by 1FlexedLex; 01-06-19 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-06-19, 08:38 AM
Mysta
Driver

Originally Posted by 1FlexedLex

overall they look good on your car. Would yo mind posting more pics or vids? Did u aim them or just installed them straight out of the box? Also in te video thats not you flicking the High beams to show us. Thats the DRL flickering “malfunction” due to it being LED?
Check above I already asked about aim, he did not aim them and yes they are aimed low.
Old 01-08-19, 08:58 AM
tbulsara
Rookie

Mine get delivered tomorrow,
hopefully install this weekend!!!

will try to post pictures
Old 01-08-19, 12:49 PM
Mysta
Driver

ine just came in a day early, packaging seems to be upgraded quite a bit