IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Megan Engine Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-17, 12:26 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts
Default Megan Engine Mounts

Has anyone used these? I am looking into stiffer engine mount options and I like that they are full rubber and not just poly or something. That said, the factory fluid filled mounts are very smooth and while I am willing to give up a bit of smoothness in the name of performance, I don't want to completely kill the luxury aspect of the car.

I'd also prefer it if they weren't made by Megan, but I'll leave that issue out of this, haha.

What have people found with these?

Jeff
Old 05-26-17, 12:27 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

I've also considered using 3IS mounts, however I don't know if they are stiffer or softer, or what compared to the 2IS. I just know they're different.

Jeff
Old 05-27-17, 10:00 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Originally Posted by kitabel
You can restrain engine movement much easier than replacing the mounts.
I'm not sure I would be interested in other methods of restraining engine movement, I don't think.

Just looking for reviews of the Megan mounts if anyone has them.

Jeff
Old 06-22-17, 02:58 AM
AFlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jeff

I have held off registering on clublexus for some time... been a bit of a stalker of your posts haha. Keep up the good work!

I have literally just received my Megan mounts in the mail - will let you know what they are like once installed. I need to get hold of a transmission mount for my 6MT - i dont think Megan make the manual mount, only the auto mount.

I take it you are considering these to go into your IS350 MT? :-)
Old 06-22-17, 02:59 AM
AFlex
Driver School Candidate

Any advice on what transmission mount to pair with my Megan motor mounts?

I was thinking of just going OEM Lexus for this one...
Old 06-22-17, 08:16 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

I actually already ordered a new set of OE mounts, but if you post some good info about the Megan mounts I may reconsider what I install in my car. As for the transmission mount, I have one from a GRMN Mark X 6MT on the way at the moment.

I'm currently working on replacing all of the driveline mounts and bushings in my IS350 and will post more about it moving forward. (TRD, GRMN, IS F, RC F, etc., where applicable).

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 06-22-17 at 08:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
redspencer (06-22-17)
Old 06-22-17, 08:22 AM
AFlex
Driver School Candidate

Sorry Geoff, I've heard of TRD but what's GRMN? Do you have a link to the transmission mount you purchased?

For what it's worth, my main reason for going with the Megans was price - the OEM mounts are extortionate from a dealer over here! (about £300 just for the 2 mounts which equates to about around 230USD)

Cheers

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
I actually already ordered a new set of OE mounts, but if you post some good info about the Megan mounts I may reconsider what I install in my car. As for the transmission mount, I have one from a GRMN Mark X 6MT on the way at the moment.

I'm currently working on replacing all of the driveline mounts and bushings in my IS350 and will post more about it moving forward. (TRD, GRMN, IS F, RC F, etc., where applicable).

Jeff
Old 06-22-17, 08:48 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Gazoo Racing is Toyota/Lexus Japan's current racing division. GRMN is Gazoo's roadcar section, they produce limited models for sale to the public including the Mark X 6MT which had the 2GR-FSE with the RA6x manual transmission. They made 100 of these cars. The part number for the transmission mount is 12371-31400.

Jeff
The following users liked this post:
AFlex (06-23-17)
Old 06-22-17, 08:52 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

GRMN Mark X 6MT:

Jeff
Old 06-22-17, 08:53 AM
AFlex
Driver School Candidate

I see, thanks for the education! Did you just order this through your dealer or is it an import from Japan? Tried googling it just now and not much comes up...

How's your is350 MT doing? I saw your build post a few months back. Definitely a project i would have liked to embark upon if i lived in the States!

Gazoo Racing is Toyota/Lexus Japan's current racing division. GRMN is Gazoo's roadcar section, they produce limited models for sale to the public including the Mark X 6MT which had the 2GR-FSE with the RA6x manual transmission. They made 100 of these cars. The part number for the transmission mount is 12371-31400.

Jeff
Old 06-22-17, 09:03 AM
AFlex
Driver School Candidate

HAHAHAH that gear stick looks familiar!!!
Old 06-22-17, 04:04 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Originally Posted by AFlex
I see, thanks for the education! Did you just order this through your dealer or is it an import from Japan? Tried googling it just now and not much comes up...

How's your is350 MT doing? I saw your build post a few months back. Definitely a project i would have liked to embark upon if i lived in the States!
I had to get it from Japan, it's not a common part that can be ordered and in the past when I've ordered pieces from the GRMN car(s), it's usually taken a while to get.

The IS350 is doing pretty good, been driving it quite a bit recently. I've been meaning to post some updates in my thread. I'll probably do that shortly.

HAHAHAH that gear stick looks familiar!!!
Yeah, most of the MT parts on the Mark X were lifted from the European RHD IS250.

Jeff
Old 06-23-17, 02:00 AM
AFlex
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Jeff. Is there any significant difference from the stock Lexus transmission mount (i.e. stiffer)? Do you mind providing a link to where you ordered it?

I had to get it from Japan, it's not a common part that can be ordered and in the past when I've ordered pieces from the GRMN car(s), it's usually taken a while to get.
Jeff
I'm not in any rush to get my mounts done, so I can wait a few months longer.

Main impetus behind getting them done was this horrible clutch 'shudder' I've not been able to rid my car of. I had a really bad judder previously and the dealer promised me it was the DMF and clutch. Replaced both (at a hefty price) and it was perfect for a while but now it is creeping back, albeit the judder is now more of a 'shudder'!

I'm hoping it is mounts as only other thing i can think of would be the input shaft - a very expensive job :-(
Old 08-31-23, 09:40 AM
Idkyet2is
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks Jeff. Is there any significant difference from the stock Lexus transmission mount (i.e. stiffer)? Do you mind providing a link to where you ordered it?

I'm not in any rush to get my mounts done, so I can wait a few months longer.

Main impetus behind getting them done was this horrible clutch 'shudder' I've not been able to rid my car of. I had a really bad judder previously and the dealer promised me it was the DMF and clutch. Replaced both (at a hefty price) and it was perfect for a while but now it is creeping back, albeit the judder is now more of a 'shudder'!

I'm hoping it is mounts as only other thing i can think of would be the input shaft - a very expensive job :-(
Did you ever get the mounts installed?