IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

07 IS250 Won't Start HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-17, 04:51 PM
kylevarner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 IS250 Won't Start HELP PLEASE!

So, the car ran fine, there was a smell coming from it resembling rotten eggs when I kind of "got on it" but I figured it was probably Catalytic converter related. We got a huge rain storm, and then I started it up to go and it went a few feet and died. Tried to start again, it started up and immediately died. After that I couldn't even get it to turn over. It seems if I disconnect the battery and reconnect after 5 minutes or so, it will turn over, but then same thing, starts up, immediately dies and wont turn over again. I went and grabbed a dealer's code scanner.. the codes that came back was C1241 and U0073. The thing though is that when I tried to pull the codes again, the scanner wouldn't really sync up to it, it was the weirdest thing. I have a warranty on the car so I got it towed with the warranty to the stealership, long story short theyre saying that its the fuel pressure sensor. The thing that stumps me is that the fuel pressure sensor doesn't have anything to do with the VSC system I would presume. and the "Check VSC" light is on, along with a couple others. I can't find much diagnosis on it online. I'm so irritated. any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated! I put a different battery in the car, and started the 2nd car up with the battery that was in the Lexus, further I'd been riding around with the 2nd battery that is currently in the Lexus for a while, so I know it's not exactly battery related, or im fairly certain. Could be alternator related I guess? I don't know, I even checked all of the connections I could see, unplugged and replugged them all... the terminals on the positive side of the battery look a little corroded but not so much that it looks like it'd be failing out the power system, and it seems to me that if it were alternator related the battery would be dead, right? im so confused. again, any and all opinions are greatly appreciated and welcomed! thank you guys so much in advance! I'm up to try anything, I could possibly even get a code reader again or even buy one just to get it to run if need be. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 05-11-17, 03:00 PM
Arrta
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Code scanner can be finicky at times. I had to disconnect and shut the car down once because it got bugged.
Reader will work with car in ACC or ON but not off. Reader will get power in the off state, but the ECU is not active to read from at that point.
C1241 - Low Battery Positive Voltage - https://www.engine-codes.com/c1241_lexus.html
U0073 - Control Module Communication Bus 'A' Off - https://www.autocodes.com/U0073.html

Looks like Battery, Alternator, Break actuator or ECU failure?? Nice list..