IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Harness bar and seat install instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-17, 05:50 PM
knyg
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Harness bar and seat install instructions?

does somebody have a dummy how-to for installing bucket seats, seat rails, harness bar and harness straps for a Lexus 2IS? Or can link me to old thread that shows it. I'm sure there are a few on CL but I can't find them. Thanks a ton guys!
Old 04-21-17, 09:37 AM
knyg
Pole Position

Bumpity bump

really looking for a guide for this weekends install
Old 04-21-17, 10:19 AM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

Since I've not installed a harness bar, I'll not have anything for you on this. But it should be self-explanatory, assuming it comes designed for our model car.

About the seats, you do this to remove the seats :

1) pop up and remove the plastic covers on all four corners of the factory seat bracket
2) adjust the seat forward and back to access the four bolts and remove all four
3) adjust the seat to the middle and from the back seat area, push the seat forward giving you access to unhook the 3 plastic connections to the seat's electronics
4) remove the seat and vacuum the carpet below
5) install new seat

Putting the seat bracket/rails on the seat will take some time and correct measuring. Since I had a Sparco seat installed for a little while, I can tell you that the closer you can install the seat to the center console the better. But I highly recommend doing a trial sitting while in the car to figure out what is best for you.

The harness install can be found online everywhere, and hopefully with the instructions that came with them too.

Good luck!
Old 04-23-17, 07:46 PM
knyg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gville350
Since I've not installed a harness bar, I'll not have anything for you on this. But it should be self-explanatory, assuming it comes designed for our model car.

About the seats, you do this to remove the seats :

1) pop up and remove the plastic covers on all four corners of the factory seat bracket
2) adjust the seat forward and back to access the four bolts and remove all four
3) adjust the seat to the middle and from the back seat area, push the seat forward giving you access to unhook the 3 plastic connections to the seat's electronics
4) remove the seat and vacuum the carpet below
5) install new seat

Putting the seat bracket/rails on the seat will take some time and correct measuring. Since I had a Sparco seat installed for a little while, I can tell you that the closer you can install the seat to the center console the better. But I highly recommend doing a trial sitting while in the car to figure out what is best for you.

The harness install can be found online everywhere, and hopefully with the instructions that came with them too.

Good luck!
thanks for the help. I'm looking for specific unbolt info instructions so I don't mess anything up and for a much simpler job.

the items I got fits for my car and I got Lexus IS seat brackets with adjustable rails, so it should be good.