IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS220D - DFP Delete / EGR Blank / Remap

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-17, 10:43 AM
Kaleem
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile IS220D - DFP Delete / EGR Blank / Remap

To all those wondering what it's like to have your DPF Deleted and EGR Blanked on your Diesel IS220D, I'll tell you.
I was researching this like mad before I did mine and struggled to read any decent reviews.

I purchased a 2006 IS220D Manual (6-speed) 2.2 Turbo Diesel.
Beautiful car, full Lexus Service history.

She drove perfectly.. except, it always felt like it was choking slightly after 3k RPM, and sometimes would struggle for power or sound like it struggles to start on occasion.
My car was owned from new and driven by an elderly gentleman who never drove the car hard or fast, the EGR build up was extreme and the DPF was getting very seriously blocked up, the day I picked up the car it went into limp mode and "CHECK VSC" appeared on the dashboard.

I opened the EGR and this is what it looked like

I cleaned out the EGR, and this helped the car a lot, at least it stopped going into limp mode but I always noticed the car was still choking slightly.

Long story short, I decided it was time to bite the bullet, my DPF for £200 got deleted properly.
I then spent another £200 getting a well known custom remapper to map out the DPF, and EGR and then to remap the engine giving her around 220/230bhp give or take

Anyone with a 220D will know that the turbo lag is horrible, but the remap and DPF/EGR delete has completely solved the problem, now she boosts at 1.5k RPM instead of 2k and it no longer feels like I am always changing gear early.

The DPF deletion won't make it feel like a monster but she will feel far more smooth and the car will push you back into your seat

I hope some of you find this useful/interesting

Last edited by Kaleem; 04-16-17 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Spelling correction
The following users liked this post:
Exdjvaly (08-25-17)
Old 08-25-17, 05:29 AM
Exdjvaly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Opinions

Originally Posted by Kaleem
To all those wondering what it's like to have your DPF Deleted and EGR Blanked on your Diesel IS220D, I'll tell you.
I was researching this like mad before I did mine and struggled to read any decent reviews.

I purchased a 2006 IS220D Manual (6-speed) 2.2 Turbo Diesel.
Beautiful car, full Lexus Service history.

She drove perfectly.. except, it always felt like it was choking slightly after 3k RPM, and sometimes would struggle for power or sound like it struggles to start on occasion.
My car was owned from new and driven by an elderly gentleman who never drove the car hard or fast, the EGR build up was extreme and the DPF was getting very seriously blocked up, the day I picked up the car it went into limp mode and "CHECK VSC" appeared on the dashboard.

I opened the EGR and this is what it looked like

I cleaned out the EGR, and this helped the car a lot, at least it stopped going into limp mode but I always noticed the car was still choking slightly.

Long story short, I decided it was time to bite the bullet, my DPF for £200 got deleted properly.
I then spent another £200 getting a well known custom remapper to map out the DPF, and EGR and then to remap the engine giving her around 220/230bhp give or take

Anyone with a 220D will know that the turbo lag is horrible, but the remap and DPF/EGR delete has completely solved the problem, now she boosts at 1.5k RPM instead of 2k and it no longer feels like I am always changing gear early.

The DPF deletion won't make it feel like a monster but she will feel far more smooth and the car will push you back into your seat

I hope some of you find this useful/interesting
Opinions ?

I have to follow the process
Old 05-01-18, 12:19 PM
Parazitu00
Driver School Candidate

Default Acceleration problem

in gears 1 2 3 pulls like a train but in higher gears 4 5 6 over 3500 4000 rpm starts to have interruptions no longer constantly pulls

what should I check?
I cleaned egr and goes a little better
Old 01-15-22, 04:03 AM
xpto
Driver School Candidate

Kaleem,after all this time,DFP Delete / EGR Blank / Remap,do you consider it positive?no more problems with the car? Thanks
Old 01-17-22, 10:40 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 768 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by xpto
Kaleem,after all this time,DFP Delete / EGR Blank / Remap,do you consider it positive?no more problems with the car? Thanks
You'll probably have better chance of getting your answer on the European forums.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/fo...-is-200d-club/