IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sticky dashboard recall questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-17, 12:58 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Hey guys I saw a very small crack today at my door panel and I called Lexus dealer to say about the problem and the fact that there is a recall about the sticky dash in USA and they told me that there isn't any recall in Europe.I told them about the terrible sticky promblem that all the ISs have and they say they haven't heard it before.I have two of my buddies who have their dashes and door panels cracked and we don't know what to do.Mine is a 2006 as my buddies.Jeff once again do you know if there's something we can do?
I m thinking to wrap them in leather but why should I pay if there s a recall for this!
I always say that Lexus IS superior than every German car but this promblem really shuts my mouth!
I don't know who should I turned to in order to find my right!
Old 08-31-17, 01:15 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 588 Likes on 397 Posts

My suggestion would be to maybe ask on some European forums and see if you can find anyone that works at a Lexus dealership or similar that has knowledge of the Lexus service bulletins or warranty extensions.

In my experience though, Lexus doesn't often offer these sorts of extended warranty coverage programs outside of North America.

Jeff
Old 08-31-17, 01:24 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Thank you Jeff for the reply.That really sucks because it s Lexus fault and they should cover it.I have my car in an excellent condition and I have it in a closed garage and it still have this promblem.
Old 12-17-17, 04:50 PM
Ashhong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus is really trying to screw me over on this one.

I first took my car in sometime in 2016 to get it replaced. The service guy came over, looked at my car, said it was bad and that he would put me on the waitlist. No papers, nothing.

Over the next year id call once in a while to checkup, and my position would slowly go up. Nothing to be worried about, I can wait.

This week I ask a friend at the dealer to push me up the wait list and he does so I take it in, they check and say that they cannot replace it because I didn't come in before May 2017 and get a repair order. I said how I went in 2016 and was inspected and put on the list, but they claim they called everyone on the wait list and told us we had to come in. I never got a call. There's no record of any call or note on my service account. There's not even a record of my initial visit for the dash other than the fact that I am indeed on the wait list.

Corporate says there's a strict deadline and if the dealer didn't do it it's their fault and that they're privately owned so there's nothing they can do. Dealer says it's my fault and they aren't paying out of their own pocket.

What the ****?!
Old 12-18-17, 09:15 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Did you actually get a letter on this warranty enhancement from Lexus for your VIN?
Old 12-18-17, 09:55 PM
Ashhong
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Did you actually get a letter on this warranty enhancement from Lexus for your VIN?
I believe so but honestly I can't remember anymore. It's been almost 2 years..
Old 01-16-18, 10:27 AM
Ashhong
Driver School Candidate

Small update in case anyone has words of wisdom:

Lexus HQ called me back and said that the dealership now claims I never brought in my car, and that the name on the waitlist is ANOTHER person with my exact name but different car. A bunch of bull**** considering they checked my VIN number multiple times before and this was never an issue. I'm appalled at how shady this dealership is that they would straight up lie like this. Lexus offered me $500 service credit but wtf is that going to do? Probably won't even cover the labor charges for it. Very upset right now.

Everyone should stay clear of Tustin Lexus in Southern California, and the service manager Steve. Ugh.
Old 09-01-18, 08:28 PM
Nghivo
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone in club. I do really need an advises for my lexus es350 2007.
My lexus dashboard is having being sticky and more day by day. I feel the sticky like years ago but i just thought the car is getting old so that it happened. But its getting terrible now & i got the informations that lexus was recall es350 for dashboard replacement lately. So i called in lexus & they told me thAt my car was out of warranty.
1. The Lexus end of service on May 31st 2017.
2. The car should be in within 10 years from the 1st day used.
By that my car es350 was more than 10 years old & lated for the services end May 31st 2017.
i just put in there 91,000 miles in more than 10 years old car & i did not received any letter from lexus to get dashboard recall.
As they just sent me postcard for airbag recall just 2 WEEKS AGO & i broght my car in to replace the new airbag.
but for the dasgboard now i dont know what to do because they said they are not going to cover that bc of warranty exp.
i have read many comment in club & know that many ppl they got older car & they got fix it for free just bc they got informations about recall & broght them in on time. And many of them now are still on waitlist ( & i dont know why i am not in waitlist or anything that they recall my car dashboard or no any informations ������ ).
My car dashboard is really terrible now.
please help !!!
thanks
Old 09-01-18, 09:52 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 588 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by Nghivo
Hi everyone in club. I do really need an advises for my lexus es350 2007.
My lexus dashboard is having being sticky and more day by day. I feel the sticky like years ago but i just thought the car is getting old so that it happened. But its getting terrible now & i got the informations that lexus was recall es350 for dashboard replacement lately. So i called in lexus & they told me thAt my car was out of warranty.
1. The Lexus end of service on May 31st 2017.
2. The car should be in within 10 years from the 1st day used.
By that my car es350 was more than 10 years old & lated for the services end May 31st 2017.
i just put in there 91,000 miles in more than 10 years old car & i did not received any letter from lexus to get dashboard recall.
As they just sent me postcard for airbag recall just 2 WEEKS AGO & i broght my car in to replace the new airbag.
but for the dasgboard now i dont know what to do because they said they are not going to cover that bc of warranty exp.
i have read many comment in club & know that many ppl they got older car & they got fix it for free just bc they got informations about recall & broght them in on time. And many of them now are still on waitlist ( & i dont know why i am not in waitlist or anything that they recall my car dashboard or no any informations ������ ).
My car dashboard is really terrible now.
please help !!!
thanks
Unfortunately at this point, the warranty coverage for your car is over, and you would need to pay to have the dash replaced.

Jeff
Old 09-10-18, 12:12 AM
ShawnBalla
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Unfortunately at this point, the warranty coverage for your car is over, and you would need to pay to have the dash replaced.

Jeff

about how much would you guess they would charge for parts? And what labor wise?
Old 10-23-18, 05:22 PM
2grfan
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I asked my dealership for a new dash and they said Lexus has reopened the replacements for 2010 and up. However I wouldn’t qualify because my car is salvaged title. Has anyone heard of this? Guess I’m on my own.
Old 10-24-18, 09:18 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by 2grfan
I asked my dealership for a new dash and they said Lexus has reopened the replacements for 2010 and up. However I wouldn’t qualify because my car is salvaged title. Has anyone heard of this? Guess I’m on my own.
how would they know your title status? Unless you told them. The title status is thru the state and I doubt they connect to them to know.

They only know the VIN number and in service date for warranty.
Old 10-24-18, 09:28 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by 2grfan
Hearing the dashboard replacements have been re-opened is news to me. We need to confirm this, I thought that there was a deadline defined.
Old 10-24-18, 09:44 AM
McPierson
Instructor

Received 155 Likes on 83 Posts

ZLZ opened October 1st 2018 for several models including my 2008 IS-F. Lexus told me I didn't get the dash, but did get the door panels. There's a thread in the IS-F forum with more details.
Old 10-24-18, 11:24 AM
2grfan
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sinister2c

how would they know your title status? Unless you told them. The title status is thru the state and I doubt they connect to them to know.

They only know the VIN number and in service date for warranty.
I don’t know how they found out but I couldn’t dispute it. The service writer said they would do safety related recalls only.

Quick Reply: Sticky dashboard recall questions?