IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sticky dashboard recall questions?

Old 02-11-17, 01:55 PM
roshedomv2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sticky dashboard recall questions?

I recently got a pre-owned 07 IS250 with 71K miles a couple months ago. Everything is in great condition with the car except the dashboard. It's sticky/shiny and chipping.

I was reading online about the recall lexus offered and also this main thread on here about te issue:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...easily-19.html

But most of these threads and information dates back to early last year. I wanted to find out if Lexus is still doing this recall today and would lexus do the recall for my year vehicle? Also is this recall only done in warm states like Florida? Becsuse I live in Georgia and the closest lexus dealer to me is Nalley Lexus. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-11-17, 02:17 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

Warranty Enhancement Program – ZLD information for USA:

- The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement until May 31, 2017, regardless of mileage or date of
first use of the vehicle. (This is still in effect.)

- Secondary Coverage supplements the Primary Coverage for some owners by offering the warranty
enhancement described herein for 10 years from the date of first use of the vehicle, regardless of
mileage. For instance, if you own a 2009 RX 350 that was first used on January 1, 2010, you are
entitled to the warranty enhancement through January 1, 2020.

Jeff
Old 02-11-17, 04:00 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Warranty Enhancement Program – ZLD information for USA:

- The Primary Coverage offers warranty enhancement until May 31, 2017, regardless of mileage or date of
first use of the vehicle. (This is still in effect.)

- Secondary Coverage supplements the Primary Coverage for some owners by offering the warranty
enhancement described herein for 10 years from the date of first use of the vehicle, regardless of
mileage. For instance, if you own a 2009 RX 350 that was first used on January 1, 2010, you are
entitled to the warranty enhancement through January 1, 2020.

Jeff
LOL, Those dates are a joke. May 31, 2017 will come and go with no parts coming in. And the 10 years is LONG past.
Old 02-11-17, 05:29 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

They are counting on the date you experience the issue not the date your vehicle will be taken care off.
FOR EX: if you are reporting to lexus about the sticky dash before the deadline date, you are ok event the part not gonna available 2 years later
The following users liked this post:
SUGARFOOT1 (10-06-18)
Old 02-11-17, 06:06 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Originally Posted by TimboIS
LOL, Those dates are a joke. May 31, 2017 will come and go with no parts coming in. And the 10 years is LONG past.
The date should not be an issue if you are already waiting for parts.

In addition, the campaign was released about 18 months ago, at that point, the 10 years was just coming up for some of the IS models, but there are still IS models and other newer models covered by the campaign that will still have coverage after the primary coverage ends. There are likely some 2IS models that will still have coverage conceivably for another 24 months.

Again, if parts are on backorder, the date should not be an issue.

Jeff
Old 02-11-17, 06:11 PM
roshedomv2
Rookie

So I would need to report the issue before the deadline date? I'm guessing they would add you on a waiting list until parts become available.
Old 02-11-17, 06:14 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

You need to go to a Lexus dealership, have them look at your vehicle, assess which parts are needed and then order them for you. You will want to have the parts on order before those dates pass.

Jeff
The following users liked this post:
roshedomv2 (02-11-17)
Old 02-11-17, 07:44 PM
roshedomv2
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
You need to go to a Lexus dealership, have them look at your vehicle, assess which parts are needed and then order them for you. You will want to have the parts on order before those dates pass.

Jeff
Ok got it. Thanks.
Old 02-16-17, 12:06 PM
roshedomv2
Rookie

Alright so I called my local Lexus dealer which is nalley Lexus , and they said that my vehicle did qualify for the extended warranty recall. They scheduled an appointment with me to do a visual inspection for parts needed. The only bad news about this is that I'm going to be put on a waiting list for it to be fixed that can take up to 2-3 years which is a little irritating. But at least I think that I'm guaranteed a new dashboard under warranty though.
Old 02-16-17, 01:54 PM
toyotaguy
Driver School Candidate

I've been on the waiting list now for about 6 months (likely at least another year to go) since I bought our car last year. It being sticky wasn't a big deal (except you can't really clean it) but the reflective glare while driving in the sunlight which is 95% here in SoCal was way too annoying and distracting. Even though I always hated dashcovers (so 70's) I ordered and installed just a cheap < $20 cover from eBay and now I can live with it. I have to say for something so cheap it doesn't even look that bad and fit is pretty good but most importantly it fix the glare problem. I don't know how anybody can keep driving w/o having the dash replaced or covered even with dark sunglasses!
Old 02-16-17, 03:32 PM
Rezno
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Just make sure you call your dealer before that deadline so you're at least on that waiting list, even if it will take an extraordinarily long amount of time before the parts for your car come in.
Old 02-16-17, 08:59 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by toyotaguy
I've been on the waiting list now for about 6 months (likely at least another year to go) since I bought our car last year. It being sticky wasn't a big deal (except you can't really clean it) but the reflective glare while driving in the sunlight which is 95% here in SoCal was way too annoying and distracting. Even though I always hated dashcovers (so 70's) I ordered and installed just a cheap < $20 cover from eBay and now I can live with it. I have to say for something so cheap it doesn't even look that bad and fit is pretty good but most importantly it fix the glare problem. I don't know how anybody can keep driving w/o having the dash replaced or covered even with dark sunglasses!
Actually, you don't have to pay for the dash cover. Give Lexus head quarter a call and tell them you problem, They will give you a voucher to buy a genius cover at dealership. I did stated it in the other thread.
As for the waiting time. I registered my car around October 2016, dealer ordered part on May 17, 2016, and i dropped my car at dealership on February 7, 2017 and still at the dealership now. The car should be done in 3 days but ...... i don;t know what is going on. In my case, i did replace the dash, and all four doors panels.
Old 02-18-17, 08:59 AM
Ca1vN
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to have them diagnose the dashboard by visually inspecting it. if my car is out of warranty do i still have to pay the diagnosis fee?
Old 02-18-17, 09:20 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

No, you don't have to pay anything. All you need is visiting your dealer and tell them why you there for. They will take care for you
Old 03-23-17, 03:03 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

why do we need to wait years for parts? i dont know how they mass produce these dashboards but i think they should still have the technology/molds or whatever needed. so to me it seems like after the cutoff date they'll have the amount they need produced.. shouldnt take years to produce these dashboards

what am i missing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sticky dashboard recall questions?