IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Child lock stuck in locked position

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-16, 05:31 AM
Soledad
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Child lock stuck in locked position

Before I go pulling the panel off the driver's side rear door, has anyone ever had their child lock get stuck? The child lock on the passenger side rear door moves back and forth like it should but that driver's side one is stuck and won't budge. And it's stuck in the locked position so I have to open the door for everyone when they are getting out.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-18, 12:09 AM
Tuanville
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Soledad
Before I go pulling the panel off the driver's side rear door, has anyone ever had their child lock get stuck? The child lock on the passenger side rear door moves back and forth like it should but that driver's side one is stuck and won't budge. And it's stuck in the locked position so I have to open the door for everyone when they are getting out.

Thanks!

when you removed the panel there is a wire with the clear plastic, the one that opens the door. Push that wire in and hold it in then your safety lock should move up or down for you to lock or unlock.
Old 04-02-18, 09:38 AM
Brando
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took my rear door panels off to work on the window motors and now I have the same problem. Neither door works from inside. Is there some thing I am missing here? It should have been really simple. Disconnect the cables from the panel for the lock and latch. Then upon reinstall just connect them back. I did not feel or hear anything at the latch disconnect. Do you have to push the cable in to get it to connect correctly and then attach it to the door panel?
Old 04-23-18, 11:04 AM
blexusc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brando
I took my rear door panels off to work on the window motors and now I have the same problem. Neither door works from inside. Is there some thing I am missing here? It should have been really simple. Disconnect the cables from the panel for the lock and latch. Then upon reinstall just connect them back. I did not feel or hear anything at the latch disconnect. Do you have to push the cable in to get it to connect correctly and then attach it to the door panel?
I never saw this question answered in the post here, but I am hoping someone can help me. I am having a similar problem. I replaced my rear passenger door panel and now both doors won't open from the inside and once I turned on the child lock for the rear passenger door, I am unable to turn it off. It is as if the switch is stuck in place and won't budge. Did I fail to reconnect a wire properly in the new door panel? or is there a reset somewhere I need to do? I saw something about disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for 30 seconds, however on a side note, or it may be connected, my hood pop lever just stopped working? Any help or direction to resolve this would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-19-21, 02:05 PM
Geoduck
Driver School Candidate

Old thread but I couldn't tell that this had been answered. I the same problem as the original post. The child lock switch moved but I couldn't open the door from the interior handle. I pulled the door panel and tried removing the actuator but was getting hung up by the window track that I assume also needs to be removed to get the actuator out. I could move the actuator enough to see a small white guide pin sticking out next to a black plastic arm. I was able to get the arm back on the pin and the child lock is working fine now. I should not this was on a 2009 GX but the actuator may be similar.

Old 06-19-21, 03:30 PM
GXLevin
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus or Toyota child lock is stuck this is the video for you

Originally Posted by Geoduck
Old thread but I couldn't tell that this had been answered. I the same problem as the original post. The child lock switch moved but I couldn't open the door from the interior handle. I pulled the door panel and tried removing the actuator but was getting hung up by the window track that I assume also needs to be removed to get the actuator out. I could move the actuator enough to see a small white guide pin sticking out next to a black plastic arm. I was able to get the arm back on the pin and the child lock is working fine now. I should not this was on a 2009 GX but the actuator may be similar.
The following 2 users liked this post by GXLevin:
freefuel (09-24-21), RJMacReady (04-08-24)
Old 09-24-21, 09:48 AM
freefuel
Driver School Candidate

Works fine-remove the door panel; three screws, hidden under the pop out panels by the door latch, the electric window switch pops up, and the carpet armrest. The two wires for push pull connected to the inside door handle get loose, need to be popped back into place.

Remember to connect the outside door plunger to the locking mechanism upon replacement.