IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Replica Ings front fitment??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-15, 10:38 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Replica Ings front fitment??

anyone here with a rep ings lip? interested in it but want to get a little feedback on the fitment
thanks guys
Old 12-26-15, 11:51 AM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I have seen them in eBay
Old 12-26-15, 12:32 PM
dyongg
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Parsa
anyone here with a rep ings lip? interested in it but want to get a little feedback on the fitment
thanks guys
I have one on my 2010 since they don't make ings for the 09-10 but the fitment isn't too bad:

Replica Ings front fitment??-q60uwyz.jpg

you can see I had to bend it a little to make it fit which is why the middle is sticking out a bit on the bottom but nothing a little heat and scraping won't fix
Old 12-26-15, 01:39 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Old 12-26-15, 06:42 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Take it from me and learn from my recent experience. I just ordered and had installed at a cheap shop the rear and front GFX lips on my car. The fitmwnt is definitely off and after spending what I spent I regret not buying originals. However from what I was told , with a decent shop and not cheating out on labor, the job could have been done well and my lips would have looked a lot cleaner. Oh well though, live and learn lol. Regardless though, I'm only buying authentic from here on out when I replace my kit with another. Good luck op, I'm sure that even with the reps that with a good shop that has a good reputation they can make it work.
Old 12-26-15, 08:50 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dyongg
I have one on my 2010 since they don't make ings for the 09-10 but the fitment isn't too bad:

you can see I had to bend it a little to make it fit which is why the middle is sticking out a bit on the bottom but nothing a little heat and scraping won't fix
hahaha yea i see. looks great though, is it 2 tone with the body or still poly urethane?? LOL can't tell. really black IS nice car bro

Originally Posted by metaleckz

looks like a decent fit but no offense but the paint looks kinda off.. i saw a thread about how hard the crystal white paint is to match and that kinda scares me cause my car is white too. thanks for the pics g

Originally Posted by Tro209
Take it from me and learn from my recent experience. I just ordered and had installed at a cheap shop the rear and front GFX lips on my car. The fitmwnt is definitely off and after spending what I spent I regret not buying originals. However from what I was told , with a decent shop and not cheating out on labor, the job could have been done well and my lips would have looked a lot cleaner. Oh well though, live and learn lol. Regardless though, I'm only buying authentic from here on out when I replace my kit with another. Good luck op, I'm sure that even with the reps that with a good shop that has a good reputation they can make it work.

damn hahah thats rough, I hope my first replica experience goes better hows the paint tho, does it match good? what color is ur car?

thanks everyone - really helped me decide and i think im gonna get one. Honestly not that expensive if it doesn't look how I want it to anyway. Im assuming you needa take off the oem lip to put this one on? or does it bolt over?
Old 12-26-15, 09:54 PM
dyongg
Pole Position

hahaha yea i see. looks great though, is it 2 tone with the body or still poly urethane?? LOL can't tell. really black IS nice car bro
haha thanks bud. yeah that was when I first got it and was test fitting! it's painted now tho and the middle isn't as low now
Old 12-27-15, 12:38 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

another question I have is does anyone have a pic of ings lip with oem side skirts?? wondering if it looks too weird bulging out lower than the rest of the car or if it flows good with oem skirts
Old 12-27-15, 01:38 PM
dyongg
Pole Position

another question I have is does anyone have a pic of ings lip with oem side skirts?? wondering if it looks too weird bulging out lower than the rest of the car or if it flows good with oem skirts

don't have a pic right now but here's a pic someone else took of it from the side
Old 12-27-15, 02:04 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dyongg

don't have a pic right now but here's a pic someone else took of it from the side
wow doesnt look bad at all, thanks g!
Old 12-27-15, 04:16 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's a deceiving picture. The front lip is quite a bit lower than the stock side skirts. It needs more aggressive skirts IMO.
Old 12-27-15, 04:46 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VTsuckah
That's a deceiving picture. The front lip is quite a bit lower than the stock side skirts. It needs more aggressive skirts IMO.
damn really? do you have the whole kit?
Old 12-27-15, 06:06 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

damn hahah thats rough, I hope my first replica experience goes better hows the paint tho, does it match good? what color is ur car?

thanks everyone - really helped me decide and i think im gonna get one. Honestly not that expensive if it doesn't look how I want it to anyway. Im assuming you needa take off the oem lip to put this one on? or does it bolt over?
My car is Tungsten Pearl. The paint came out well imo. Maybe to a better trained eye it may be a very slight bit off though. But for me that checks out. It was just the install that went terribly wrong but hey definitely learn from others mistakes including mine and pay for a professional and quality install. Take it to someone who knows what they're doing and you'll be good and very happy with your purchase I assure you. Also I'd recommend you try and get a polyurethane lip since I heard fiberglass tends to break easier.

As for how the Ings lip goes on the front, I am not sure. I know that for the GFX on my car they removed my old one and essentially replaced it with this one using screws I believe. So I'd assume the same for the INGS. But maybe someone more qualified can answer here. Best of luck Parsa , hope it goes great for you. Especially since I plan on getting the Ings in the near future as well . Maybe then If yours comes out good I'll still go ahead and buy a replica
Old 12-28-15, 07:39 AM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

damn really? do you have the whole kit?
Yup, and I do not. A few have asked the same question and there's another thread floating around with profile pictures of the lip with stock sides. It might take some time searching, but it's there.
Old 12-28-15, 10:17 AM
jraiderg
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a ings replica sideskirts im selling its in sarfire white pearl im in norcal if you interested

Quick Reply: Replica Ings front fitment??