78works taillight code error

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 01:09 PM
Assailant
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 78works taillight code error

Hey everyone, first post!

I recently got my 78works tail lights and got them professionally installed. After installing them I got the code: C1249, he tried to erase the code but it wont delete. He told me to come back next week and said he will take it out and put back the oem ones to see if it goes away.

Does anyone know what to do, anyone have 78works tail light or other aftermarket taillights where they have check lights on after installing? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

- everything works fine, just seeing checks kind of annoys me lol

Last edited by Assailant; 07-27-15 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-27-15, 06:53 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you check to make sure they installed the resistors?
Old 07-28-15, 04:54 AM
Assailant
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Did you check to make sure they installed the resistors?
Hi mike, thanks for replying. Yea the mechanic did install resister. I was taking some pictures last night of the car and noticed that the when the car is turned on the third brake is faintly on even though no one is pressings he brake. I think this might the be issue and hopefully it can fixed.
Old 07-28-15, 05:11 AM
Assailant
Driver School Candidate

Some more pictures

Old 07-28-15, 06:38 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

They must have tapped it for one of the trunk lights or both instead of running the wires down the trunk lid arms. That would have been more work than necessary but can't think of any other reason it would be on with the regular lights. Changing the circuit loop would def through a code. Easy fix though. Good luck ^_^ best way to find out is just pull the carpet lining off and check all the wires. Follow that youtube video on the install and you should be able to spot the error pretty easy.
Old 07-28-15, 07:38 AM
Assailant
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
They must have tapped it for one of the trunk lights or both instead of running the wires down the trunk lid arms. That would have been more work than necessary but can't think of any other reason it would be on with the regular lights. Changing the circuit loop would def through a code. Easy fix though. Good luck ^_^ best way to find out is just pull the carpet lining off and check all the wires. Follow that youtube video on the install and you should be able to spot the error pretty easy.
Thank you so much for your help mike, really appreciate it!
Old 01-18-16, 01:55 PM
Assailant
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation 78works-Still have check error

Hi everyone,
Been a few months since I updated this. I went back to the the lexus tech that installed the light and he said he cant do much, he did put in my old taillights and the error code went away.

Im just curious if there is anything I can do to fix this issue. Very annoying to see abs light, check vsc lights and few more lights always on.

As you guys can tell by pictures the problem brake light is faintly on which i think is causing the problem.

I plan on removing the battery and putting it back in to see if that works (doubt it). Anyone with any suggestions would be great. Also is does anyone have this issue with 78 works taillight? Also do you think there is something wrong with the resisters that came with the lights?
Old 01-19-16, 03:33 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

The center brake light might have a main resistor problem I had that happen to me so I replaced mine and the center light worked fine, as for the lights there is something wrong with the wiring on them.
Old 01-19-16, 05:12 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

The 78works tails are pretty simple to install, seems as though the people who installed them for you screwed it up. I would just back track the wiring and see what they did. If you post pics or how its wired i can compare to how my 78works are ran. I just followed the instructions that came with the tails, no codes.
Old 02-29-16, 09:17 AM
knigh501
Driver School Candidate

I had the same issues and all the wiring is correct. I ran the red wire down and connected it but it still throwing the codes. any other suggestions? Still trying to figure this out if anyone has any suggestions with it.

Last edited by knigh501; 07-01-16 at 04:49 AM.
Old 09-27-16, 03:52 PM
GTX780SLI
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem after installled the 78works.

.installed the tail lights. then the resistors,all lights are working very bright.but the brake light,ABS and VSC light went on...
the mechanic say is the resistors...do i need to change another one? or lower voltage?

any one can hlep will be thankful.
Old 12-22-16, 07:36 PM
dcguy
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Just ran into this issue. I purchased the 78 works fiber led set about a week ago. Installed just fine kinda self explanatory. Lights worked just fine, no hyperblink either. All wires were plugged male and female (hard to mess up) I spoke to many with the 78's and replicas. They have all stated they just came with the 2 resistors for the led blinkers left and right. I also had the same check code errors, abs, brake, check vsc, traction... Referred to instruction manual, no help its all in Japanese. Techstream says " open circuit in stop light switch". With these particular tails I received and additional resistor pack that needed to be spliced. (black box). Spliced the box in between the red and the black wire. Red being the brake + and black being ground -. All codes gone instantly. Those of you who have had this issue, you may need an additional resistor (not included) for the brake lights themselves. Gauging the interest in this I can get the ohm reading of the brake light resistor. I would assume a universal one from radio shack could be spliced in. As far as the light glow of the third brake light op... I would assume the tech tapped some wires incorrectly.
Old 12-23-16, 09:10 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dcguy
Just ran into this issue. I purchased the 78 works fiber led set about a week ago. Installed just fine kinda self explanatory. Lights worked just fine, no hyperblink either. All wires were plugged male and female (hard to mess up) I spoke to many with the 78's and replicas. They have all stated they just came with the 2 resistors for the led blinkers left and right. I also had the same check code errors, abs, brake, check vsc, traction... Referred to instruction manual, no help its all in Japanese. Techstream says " open circuit in stop light switch". With these particular tails I received and additional resistor pack that needed to be spliced. (black box). Spliced the box in between the red and the black wire. Red being the brake + and black being ground -. All codes gone instantly. Those of you who have had this issue, you may need an additional resistor (not included) for the brake lights themselves. Gauging the interest in this I can get the ohm reading of the brake light resistor. I would assume a universal one from radio shack could be spliced in. As far as the light glow of the third brake light op... I would assume the tech tapped some wires incorrectly.
Oh man, you beat me to the punch. I need pictures! I'm trying to get my niece to pick me up a pair when she's in Japan next week. We'll see how it goes.
Old 06-19-17, 06:13 AM
tsx2isF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dcguy
can you take a picture of how its wired? Im in the same boat with the error codes.