IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

which looks better - Vossen cv1 or cv2

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-13, 10:22 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iRyan
If in your research all you find are disappointing results then it really puzzles me as to why all these people have their wheels...

Luckily all business have curbs..which is to say that 100% of people won't be happy or some May have issues...
For example I work on a Marketing team at American Express and our curb is 78% which means we expect 22% of the card holders will not like our product or changes yet we are still number 1 in the credit card business and top 10 on earnings world wide...so give or take 5% of Vossen owners may have had some issue which could either be manufacture or user error does that mean it isn't a great wheel.
If you look up any rim company I'm 100% sure there's someone that has had some type of dislike or issue.
Well, AMEX has like 50 cards in the US, and like 10-15 in Canada so CC is their #1 form of service, so of course they're going to be #1 in credit cards. Many people drive civics too, but I don't think they're very nice car considering theft and insurance rate. I do admit Vossen looks good (which is why I considered), and they're popular (another reason I looked more into them), and definitely marketing done right. However this is a decision I made for myself to not look into them anymore.

At least we have something in common, I used to work for AMEX HQ in Toronto, then realize how sketch some of their sales and marketing tactics are and decided to dip to their competition (not going to name, but not a CC company for that matter). Just like how you dipped from Concavo to Vossen (yes I do pay attention to what people say and I have great memory). However I'm not speaking from a biased (or fanboy) POV because I don't own any of the wheels mentioned (yet), but I'm speaking from a consumer POV, who is shopping for new set of wheels for a new car.

I definitely agree with you, nobody can satisfy everybody, and nothing can be perfect. Everything is prone to break down whether it's made of plastic or kryptonite. However, I think what matters the most at the end of the day is customer service, and THAT is what made me look away from Vossen for my next wheel purchase.

Last edited by reyoasian; 08-21-13 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-21-13, 10:23 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

The 1-piece, monoblock wars are always great...
Old 08-21-13, 11:01 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
Well, AMEX has like 50 cards in the US, and like 10-15 in Canada so CC is their #1 form of service, so of course they're going to be #1 in credit cards. Many people drive civics too, but I don't think they're very nice car considering theft and insurance rate. I do admit Vossen looks good (which is why I considered), and they're popular (another reason I looked more into them), and definitely marketing done right. However this is a decision I made for myself to not look into them anymore. At least we have something in common, I used to work for AMEX HQ in Toronto, then realize how sketch some of their sales and marketing tactics are and decided to dip to their competition (not going to name, but not a CC company for that matter). Just like how you dipped from Concavo to Vossen (yes I do pay attention to what people say and I have great memory). However I'm not speaking from a biased (or fanboy) POV because I don't own any of the wheels mentioned (yet), but I'm speaking from a consumer POV, who is shopping for new set of wheels for a new car. I definitely agree with you, nobody can satisfy everybody, and nothing can be perfect. Everything is prone to break down whether it's made of plastic or kryptonite. However, I think what matters the most at the end of the day is customer service, and THAT is what made me look away from Vossen for my next wheel purchase.
I'm confused first it was because they're crappy product that break then it's customer service (In which you're referencing to something from 2+ years ago..I'm lost here lol. And yes you are right I had Concavo and I switch to CV5s any LexusBoy can tell you that I wanted CV5 from when I first got my car so when I got the chance to upgrade I did just that...it's no secret lol
We hear you POV n I'm sure others will take it into consideration when researching as well.

Thank God i didn't listen to research about how crappy the IS250 is because if carbon build up or else I wouldn't be as happy as I am with my trouble free car
Old 08-21-13, 11:27 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Aside from the broken and overweight wheels, I also posted a link from G35 forum which is a customer service issue, added along the recent thread about customer service issues other members here had, it kind of opened my eyes a little. Everyone are prone to their own opinions from what they've come across, whether it be up or down, and just sharing my 2 cent.

Glad you enjoy your 250. I got it too despite all the horrible review. It's an okay car, but it's time to move on to something better (considering I've had it for over 4 years, whereas yours is still fairly new so you're still in the honeymoon stage with your car)
Old 08-21-13, 11:28 AM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wheels 101.

Cast wheels are manufactured in two ways: Low Pressure and Gravity Casting.

The advantages of low pressure die casting process are several :
- higher yield achievable
- reduction of machining costs
- excellent control of process parameters
- good metallurgical quality
- leads to an optimal use of the aluminum
- excellent mechanical and technological properties of the castings.

Disadvantages of gravity die-casting:
- High porosity rate
- High absorption of impurities
- Less dense material which results in a heavier wheel to be able to achieve the required load rating
- Very high process variations which leads to more defective units
Old 08-21-13, 11:39 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

To answer the OP's question, I very much prefer the CV2 over the CV1.

That being said, Vossen used to be where Concavo and Velgen are now. So many owners were all about Vossen wheels, then Concavo comes along and they swap out. Now they're all pushing #teamconcavo or whatever.. two months later, and they're all over Velgens hahah. So all these guys who are all about Concavo and Velgen right now are going to skip out onto the next 1-piece monoblock wheel maker with a nicer design. For the record I have no problem with this, nor do I have anything bad to say about Vossen, Concavo, or Velgen. In my eyes they're all the same quality of wheel anyway (except for Vossen's Precision line).

You get what you pay for.
Old 08-21-13, 11:49 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
Aside from the broken and overweight wheels, I also posted a link from G35 forum which is a customer service issue, added along the recent thread about customer service issues other members here had, it kind of opened my eyes a little. Everyone are prone to their own opinions from what they've come across, whether it be up or down, and just sharing my 2 cent. Glad you enjoy your 250. I got it too despite all the horrible review. It's an okay car, but it's time to move on to something better (considering I've had it for over 4 years, whereas yours is still fairly new so you're still in the honeymoon stage with your car)
You're right. You shouldn't buy Vossen because 10 out of 100000 owners are unhappy or didn't feel like the got great service...sounds about right correct?

Last edited by iRyan; 08-21-13 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-21-13, 11:58 AM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've always liked black with graphite!

Old 08-21-13, 12:01 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andy350
Which vossen wheels look better on Black 2006 Lexus is350 - 20" Vossen cv1 or cv2 or other???

I was going to buy cv1...but now i'm thinking about buying cv2

can't make my mind up...

so what wheels do u think looks good?
I like the CV2s

But CV1s are great too

Hi Andy, sorry your thread is turning this way from people that have clear connections to brands that have imitated us and caused issues to no end and continue to do so. We are a long time and proud sponsor of Clublexus with a true connection with this community and have supported it.

If you have any questions, PM me or email us!

Last edited by Diego@Vossen; 08-21-13 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-21-13, 12:13 PM
andy350
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

still looking for more votes...but now again...i am thinking about getting cv1

results so far:

cv1 - 3 votes
cv2 - 2 votes
other - 3 votes

deigo at vossen:
which is your most popular wheel?
which is your newest wheel?
any new inventions on the way?

thanks
Old 08-21-13, 12:23 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Most popular one of those two designs are the CV1s. A very classic/clean design that compliments the IS lines extremely well. Our newest latest wheel design is the VVS-CV7. We will also have our Vossen Precision Series Forged line coming soon with up to 10 new designs but will be at a higher starting price point. Will be very much worth it either route you take.

Here is a closer look at what's to come...

Between the two choices listed, I do love the CV2s more on the IS. I personally feel it gives it a much more sportier look and would love to see more IS's on them

Last edited by Diego@Vossen; 08-21-13 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-21-13, 12:27 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

@op, I think their both 2 good choices. I my 1st set of Vossen's were the Cv2 and I was actually considering getting them again for my 3IS. The Cv2 mesh designs gets my vote here.
Old 08-21-13, 12:29 PM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Attachment 499477

Buy sum legit wheels works, leons, weds def will make ur car look different then what a lot isx50 has already
Old 08-21-13, 12:35 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

My vote goes to other - Nutek wheels
Old 08-21-13, 12:43 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

andy350,

my vote goes to the cv2, very classy design, that looks great on a black car.

Quick Reply: which looks better - Vossen cv1 or cv2