IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Finally a IS350 owner!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-12, 12:34 PM
Low Life
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally a IS350 owner!

Been a member for four years. Back in '08 I was searching for a IS350 to buy. Well I had to put it on the back burner, as i had a huge money pit going in to my 1000hp civic hitting up races around the country 5+ times a year. Had a horrible last couple of years breaking dog box trannies, and going through a few motors. I had enough this year, and finally began to part it out back in Feb. I wish i would have done it a long time ago.

So since Feb. I have been searching literally every day for a '07 SFP with Black interior with a budget of $22000 and less than 70,000 miles. I was committed on holding out for this no matter how long it took. I was searching 8 big cities on craigslist,autotrader.com,carguru.com,cars.com,carsforsale.com,and here.

In the last 6 months i only found 4 that met my requirements. but were either in poor shape, or too far away. and would no longer be a good deal after airfare, and gas..
Well last week I woke up going through all my sites, and saw a listing on Craigslist-Los Angeles. for an '07 SFP black interior w/ Nav located in Pasadena. Called him 40min after it was listed, and told him to send me some pics, after i received the pics I crossed my fingers, and booked a flight for the following morning. (I'm from Utah) He picked me up form the airport, we went for a test drive, did a walk around, and drove right to the bank. Drove home in some insane LA traffic, where everyone would do anything they could to just get one car in head, as well as flying in the emergence lane, just to merge in 1/4mile later, and sports bikes flying in between stopped traffic. I though Utah drivers were crazy:P

Anyway I'm home. My plan was to slap on my Megan coil overs, and 19"Varianza WBC (that I've had for about ayear) right when i got home.
But I'm having second thoughts.. This car is seriously in MINT condition, not even one little scratch or anything. And it rides soo smooth! Not sure I'm ready to give that up quite yet anyway.
I may keep it stock, and just enjoy for a bit.

I got a question, about pulling, and rolling my fenders. So like I said the car is perfect. I'm scared to go get fenders done, and have my once perfect car already showing problems such as paint chips. I just had my integra rolled, and both sides cracked the paint just a bit.
Anyone have their fenders rolled with no problems?

Sorry so long, just a long time in the making, and i'm stoked.

here's what I have waiting for it so far.

Future Mods-
Vertex kit
JMD visors
Old 08-20-12, 12:37 PM
Quik208
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the club. Those are some sexy wheels you have there.
Old 08-20-12, 12:46 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah dont hassle with those wheels and fender problems, you should probably offload those to me ASAP.

Nice mods to be sitting waiting for a nice car Just do it, or see first statement ^^. haha
Old 08-20-12, 12:50 PM
Quik208
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Yeah dont hassle with those wheels and fender problems, you should probably offload those to me ASAP.

Nice mods to be sitting waiting for a nice car Just do it, or see first statement ^^. haha
Someone is a certified wheel whor*.
Old 08-20-12, 12:55 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

nice pick up... she's a beauty. like the OEM wheels she wearing. are those 18s'?
Old 08-20-12, 01:06 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik208
someone's a little jelly.
Old 08-20-12, 01:19 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik208
Originally Posted by projectdna
someone's a little jelly.
GUILTY! I miss polished lips, what can i say...
Old 08-20-12, 01:24 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Congrads on the new pick up. If you use a heat gun and take your time you wont crack the paint. I did mine for the first time and came out great. The rear is easy to roll. The front i had to take my caliper off to get it to roll to were i wanted it.

Last edited by laobo979; 08-20-12 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-20-12, 01:26 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

welcome to the club
Old 08-20-12, 01:33 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome! Looks like you're off to a good start!
edit: Just read your whole story now. Quite the adventure to get the car you've wanted and looks like it paid off. I understand about the fender mods. After modding the fenders from my previous IS and having some paint cracking, I'm afraid to mess with my new one too, so I'm rolling on stockies for as long as I can.

Last edited by Individual; 08-20-12 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-20-12, 02:26 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweet nice grab n accessories already!!
Old 08-20-12, 02:30 PM
Low Life
Pole Position

Thanks everyone OEM wheels are 18"s I definitely will never be parting with the Varianzas. Those were just about as hard to come by in the specs i wanted too! i've actually been looking for those for 2 years steady haha. I finally had to settle on some from Hawaii that are a bit more aggressive than i wanted. but we'll see how they work out.

yea i'm very happy the car is as clean as it is. But it makes it a lot harder to want to start dicking around with it.
Old 08-20-12, 03:26 PM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

love your persistence man, able to wait that long for the right one!! GZ and welcome @~!!
Old 08-20-12, 03:50 PM
Low Life
Pole Position

Hey thank you sir. It comes from years of experience dealing with other cars a long the way. getting them where i want. I have learned always go for quality even if it takes 10x longer. very much worth it But believe me it was actually very hard. I haven't liked a car like this since the '02 Acura NSX. it's not just a car i thought was pretty cool. this was a dream car that was financially in reach I actually got off the forum for a while because i couldn't stand to look at all these nice cars until i could play too.
Old 08-20-12, 03:56 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats on the pick up and the best color too.

specs on wheels? maybe u are able to get away with just a roll.

Quick Reply: Finally a IS350 owner!