IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Practical Mods - what else to do

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-12, 02:16 PM
adrr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NickTomsyc
My car just hit 100k and I've been torn to sell and get a 335i or drive this til it dies.... I'm keeping the IS, don't want a payment again..... since I'm sticking with the car, just curious on some other mods that are practical to keep the car fresh/exciting to me
For the interior/sound, i added the Blackberry Music Gateway, most useful mod i've done to my car. Spotify on my phone, i never have to worry about music.
The following users liked this post:
AR254 (03-26-21)
Old 06-07-12, 09:06 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adrr
For the interior/sound, i added the Blackberry Music Gateway, most useful mod i've done to my car. Spotify on my phone, i never have to worry about music.
This is a good idea often over looked.

I would suggest a set of sway bars, coilovers, intake and exhaust for starters. Then Hids for the head lights and fogs. Led lights for the interior. Illuminated door sills.
Old 06-07-12, 09:48 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I look at my car in several areas ( Exterior, engine, interior, suspension). I have touched ALL these areas on my car but what I do see many people do and i am not a fan of is leave the interior stock. Although the exterior is extremely important to me, I really like my interior to be comfy and done up because that's where I spend the time while driving.

Some things you can do inside:

shift ****
sport pedals
steering wheel
carbon fiber dash kit
F Sport floor mats

I have included pics of the phases I've done inside
Attached Thumbnails Practical Mods - what else to do-interior-collage.jpg   Practical Mods - what else to do-interior-shot.jpg   Practical Mods - what else to do-interior-with-red.jpg   Practical Mods - what else to do-interior-suede.jpg   Practical Mods - what else to do-interior-headrest-monitors.jpg  

Old 06-07-12, 11:26 PM
phillimt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I look at my car in several areas ( Exterior, engine, interior, suspension). I have touched ALL these areas on my car but what I do see many people do and i am not a fan of is leave the interior stock. Although the exterior is extremely important to me, I really like my interior to be comfy and done up because that's where I spend the time while driving.

Some things you can do inside:

shift ****
sport pedals
steering wheel
carbon fiber dash kit
F Sport floor mats

I have included pics of the phases I've done inside
+100000 on this one. I completely agree. I love modding my interior, i'll buy a new steering wheel before I buy coils for my car even.

Your interior looks fantastic man, I love everything you have done to it. I'm very jealous.

it is funny though how so many people seem to keep their interior stock...

I don't even want to know how much $$$ has gone into your car brother, but it looks absolutely amazing...
Old 06-08-12, 06:00 AM
NickTomsyc
Pole Position

I've got this setup already, and it is awesome.... I ended up buying three more for around the house.

Then Hids for the head lights and fogs. Led lights for the interior. Illuminated door sills.
I have the stock HIDs and door sills (lux package).... LED replacement for the rest of the car is a good idea, especially that 2nd sun version of the dome light.
Old 06-08-12, 08:33 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Like Sffd103 said the interior is something a lot of people forget about, I'd also +1 for some pedals, led lighting, maybe some carbon fiber accessories (or overlay).

Personally for me though if I were in your position I would look into the sides and rear lip, then after that perhaps some under the hood mods like, an intake, possibly some carbon fiber style plastic peices, or maybe even just a strut/sway bar combo. Exhaust would be good but you gotta be careful not to pick up a 'tuner/ricey' style exhaust cause the car will look a bit tacky without it being lowered to further accomidate that 'tuner' style.. just my 2cents.
Old 06-08-12, 11:42 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Practical mod? air suspension, up and down at will is very practical
Old 06-08-12, 11:50 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

just to reiterate, SWAY BARS a must
Old 06-08-12, 01:15 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NickTomsyc
I thought coils for awhile and then just raise/lower as the season change.... anyone know how much drop it takes for the awd vibration issue to pop up?
I think its 24.5" FTG (fender to ground). But with the ability to lower and raise the car as the seasons change make this a practical mod. Once you get the hang of making adjustments and measuring, changing to "winter/summer mode" only takes about 2 hours. Every summer its like I get a new car when I lower it and put my summer wheels/tires on.