Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013)
HELP! Engine code: P2009 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low Bank 1 >

HELP! Engine code: P2009 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low Bank 1

Notices
IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HELP! Engine code: P2009 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low Bank 1

Old 03-03-19, 03:48 AM
Faheem0912
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P2009 error is250 NON INVASIVE CHECK

Originally Posted by ligangyi View Post
Just registered to add how I fixed my p2009 on a 2009 IS250. This was the 1st post I could find so hopefully that helps somebody else with the same issue.

Took apart the upper plastic intake manifold and lower aluminium intake manifold to reach the motor on the right side of the lower intake (when viewed from the front, it's the driver's side in the US). Removed 2 screws (they were on real tight) on the actuator flap motor and found a nut in there loose and flopping around. Put 2 drops of blue Loctite and fastened the nut. The original idea of this fix was found here.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/451038637363037292/

Had to disconnect a bunch of harnesses and remove the throttle body to get in there. Hopefully, that fixes my problem.
Firstly I had the same issue and yes it is that little bit in the motor. I figured something out today though. A non invasive check before removing the manifold. If the arm circled in the back swings left to right, then yes that gear is loose. After the fix this arm has no play.

Sits right behind the coolant cap
Old 05-09-19, 10:11 PM
jonynfiera
Driver School Candidate

Default Same problem

Originally Posted by isdreamz View Post
Hi,
I've search the forum but couldnt a thread about engine code P2009 so I'm making the thread hoping you guys can help me fix the problem.

Last week, I did the DIY 60k service including replacing filters, spark plugs, and brake fluid. After putting everything back together, the engine started up with VSC check engine and the track control light. So I checked to make sure the sensors are not loose, clean the MAF sensor, disconnected the battery to reset. The engine light went away for couple days and came back again. I repeating the "reset" process and it sure solved the VSC issue but it keeps on coming back.

So I stopped at auto zone and they came out with the code: "P2009 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low Bank 1". Does anyone had the same issue and got it solved? I'm thinking of the sensors got loose but there are many and I dont know which one is bank 1. Please help. Thanks

Andy
did u find the problem
Old 05-10-19, 05:19 AM
Faheem0912
Driver School Candidate

Yes we did, It's based on that link with the quoted below, my post shows the picture that could help confirm your issue without taking any parts out

Just registered to add how I fixed my P2009 on a 2009 IS250. This was the 1st post I could find so hopefully that helps somebody else with the same issue.

Took apart the upper plastic intake manifold and lower aluminium intake manifold to reach the motor on the right side of the lower intake (when viewed from the front, it's the driver's side in the US). Removed 2 screws (they were on real tight) on the actuator flap motor and found a nut in there loose and flopping around. Put 2 drops of blue Loctite and fastened the nut. The original idea of this fix was found here.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/451038637363037292/

Had to disconnect a bunch of harnesses and remove the throttle body to get in there. Hopefully, that fixes my problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP! Engine code: P2009 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low Bank 1

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: