Taking my ISx50 to the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-11, 01:32 AM
07Lex350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking my ISx50 to the dealer

Hello,

This forum has been valuable and I hope some of you can give an opinion on this? I'm planning on taking in my IS to the dealer for an recall service. I had stopped by the dealer before and asked them to check if there were any recalls needed to be done. The service rep told me that the car needed to be brought in and that they would take care of everything. This was a couple of months ago and am planning on bringing it in soon. After reading some Lexus owners having good experiences, I was thinking I might be able to get some of these comped?

A couple of things I wanted to run by everyone:

1. Will the dealer replace the front side window moldings? The clips that hold in where the fender, hood, and pillar meet? The clips are visible broken and its just an annoying thing to see? I've seen a couple gripes on this?

2.My battery is low, meaning that if I leave the radio on with the car off for 5 mins or so, the car will die. Brake pedal lock for security? Will the dealer replace this?

3.I'm running aftermarket HID's for low's and fogs, I'm planning on plugging in the stock H11's back and just leaving the HID fogs and just turn them off. You guys think it will be much of an issue if they come back at me with why I have HID fogs?

Thanks
Old 12-27-11, 07:14 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Maybe if there nice
2. Nope
3. Nope
Old 12-27-11, 07:38 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is the car out of warranty or did you get an extended?

1. There was an issue with seals and not necessarily the clips.

2. Battery is a wear and tear issue and if it's the original battery I would think it's about time to change it anyway but I don't think they would comp that.

3. I don't think there is an issue with anything you put on your car unless you are trying to claim warranty issues on it. From what I understand they will not warranty an aftermarket part or any issues that the after market part has caused.
Old 12-27-11, 09:00 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

FWIW my battery was replaced for free under warranty (just a few months shy of 4 years into ownership),,,, IIRC the battery itself comes with a fairly long-ish warranty (6 years maybe?) though it might be pro-rated near the end.
Old 12-27-11, 09:57 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, another good FYI from Kurtz! I keep getting Lexus mixed up with Toyota. Sometimes I forget how much better the customer service and warranties are.
Old 12-27-11, 12:51 PM
07Lex350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Is the car out of warranty or did you get an extended?

1. There was an issue with seals and not necessarily the clips.

2. Battery is a wear and tear issue and if it's the original battery I would think it's about time to change it anyway but I don't think they would comp that.

3. I don't think there is an issue with anything you put on your car unless you are trying to claim warranty issues on it. From what I understand they will not warranty an aftermarket part or any issues that the after market part has caused.
My vehicle has an extended warranty on it. That's why I'm thinking I might be able to get some of these things comped?

Originally Posted by Kurtz
FWIW my battery was replaced for free under warranty (just a few months shy of 4 years into ownership),,,, IIRC the battery itself comes with a fairly long-ish warranty (6 years maybe?) though it might be pro-rated near the end.
Wasn't aware Lexus has a warranty on batteries or pro-rate them? Hoping for a free replacement..

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Wow, another good FYI from Kurtz! I keep getting Lexus mixed up with Toyota. Sometimes I forget how much better the customer service and warranties are.
Exactly, I try not confuse CS and warranties between the two.

Thanks for the valuable info!