IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Luxury package vs. f sport package

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-11, 11:38 PM
lain
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember Lexus is a luxury brand first, I would go with Luxery Package. You can always buy most if not all of the fsport parts in the future, that can't be said about the Luxury items.
Old 11-06-11, 05:40 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lain
Remember Lexus is a luxury brand first, I would go with Luxery Package. You can always buy most if not all of the fsport parts in the future, that can't be said about the Luxury items.
I agree.
There's some very nice items in the luxury pkg.

As Kurtz pointed out...
"the "F-sport package" contains no actual F-sport accessory parts weirdly enough"

Go Lux pkg and buy F-Sports parts.
Old 11-06-11, 11:59 AM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on F-sport package. Just can't say no to those seats/rims/IS-F's spoiler and etc
Old 11-06-11, 12:09 PM
Aneu182
Driver School Candidate

Luxury package all the way ...
Old 11-06-11, 01:17 PM
Daisy81
Driver School Candidate

I got the luxury package. The F-Sport package doesn't really provide all that much for the money. It's not like the package provides the f-Sport exhaust.
I would sugesst buying the luxury package and then going ala cart on the f-sport stuff that you really want over what comes in the f-sport package.
Old 11-06-11, 01:55 PM
wsMB
Driver

or you can get the isf and have both of best worlds with more power
Old 11-06-11, 02:40 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Id rather get Lux pac and then get aftermarket parts to add on later. I think F Sport is just a waste of money IMO
Old 11-06-11, 03:10 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

F-Spor, then you can get Ultrasonic Blue!

Luxury package is nice, but how often one would rely purely of those options if one for your daily use. Ie. the power telescopic steering, the memory seats, the power rear sunshade and the rain sesnor? I rather go with F-Sport and get some of the cosmetic changes and the sport suspensions.

As I mentioned before, the up north version has a subset of the luxury as part of their F-Sport, therefore extra features included.

Last edited by Sango; 11-06-11 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-06-11, 03:25 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

^^^^^ I use those options everyday since i bought my car. Rear shade helps a lot when the sun is blaring from behind or if some A hole has his high beams on. Being lowered also plays a role into this, direct beam from low beams will also hurt ur eyes
Old 11-06-11, 03:30 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
F-Spor, then you can get Ultrasonic Blue!

Luxury package is nice, but how often one would rely purely of those options if one for your daily use. Ie. the power telescopic steering, the memory seats, the power rear sunshade and the rain sesnor? I rather go with sport and get some of the cosmetic changes and the sport suspensions.

As I mentioned before, the up north version has a subset of the luxury as part of their F-Sport, therefore extra features included.
and ventilated seats,Auto-dimming outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse feature; Illuminated scuff plates....
My power adjusted steering wheel is used every time I get in and out of the car automatically.It's a pleasure.;
The luxury pkg option is very nice.
Old 11-06-11, 03:48 PM
reset2k
Rookie

Like it hasn't already been said multiple times... I would go with the luxury package. When I was at the dealership, I really wanted the F-Sport package, but with that also comes a HUGE cost. They will not sell you an F-Sport IS for much less than MSRP. I can guarantee that you will not only get more (useful) features with the Luxury Package, but also a lower price.

I purchased a 2011 IS350 AWD + Luxury Package + NAV and absolutely love it. Every feature of the luxury package is something that is used regularly. My rain sensing wipers are always on here in Oregon, the illuminated scuff plate looks amazing, the telescopic steering wheel is very nice as it makes it 10x easier to get in and out of the car, the heated and ventilated seats are amazing, and the list goes on...

If you're wanting F-Sport stuff, just add it later... I've already installed a full exterior/interior LED package and an F-Sport Air Intake and I only have 200 miles on my IS350

Trust me, you won't be disappointed.
Old 11-06-11, 04:06 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joeb427
and ventilated seats,Auto-dimming outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse feature; Illuminated scuff plates....
My power adjusted steering wheel is used every time I get in and out of the car automatically.It's a pleasure.;
The luxury pkg option is very nice.
For multi-driver that would be more applicable but for your single primary driver it would not be. Not saying it's bad, but it depends on the use of the vehicle. I think that US should match Canada's spec of the F-Sport if you seen my earlier posts.

Originally Posted by reset2k
Like it hasn't already been said multiple times... I would go with the luxury package. When I was at the dealership, I really wanted the F-Sport package, but with that also comes a HUGE cost. They will not sell you an F-Sport IS for much less than MSRP. I can guarantee that you will not only get more (useful) features with the Luxury Package, but also a lower price.

I purchased a 2011 IS350 AWD + Luxury Package + NAV and absolutely love it. Every feature of the luxury package is something that is used regularly. My rain sensing wipers are always on here in Oregon, the illuminated scuff plate looks amazing, the telescopic steering wheel is very nice as it makes it 10x easier to get in and out of the car, the heated and ventilated seats are amazing, and the list goes on...

If you're wanting F-Sport stuff, just add it later... I've already installed a full exterior/interior LED package and an F-Sport Air Intake and I only have 200 miles on my IS350

Trust me, you won't be disappointed.
Actually I got my F-Sport in Oregon and got it very close to factory invoice price - definately lower than MSRP.

As for the rain sensor, I find them not quite reliable as I tried them out on loaner cars. I rather be in control myself.

Last edited by Sango; 11-06-11 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-06-11, 04:10 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The luxury features would be nice especially since it is a Lexus. If you think those are nice to have then I'd get the luxury features.

For me, I always wanted something that was more sporty or aggressive and so when I saw the F-Sport package sporty exterior and interior, I just had to get it. And anyways the cars my family had never had any of those luxury features so I didn't feel I was losing anything.

You can add some of the F-Sport stuff later like everyone else said if you don't mind doing that. Then you at least have the luxury features.
Old 11-06-11, 04:12 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Lux package looks like a winner to me now. I will be visiting Longo on Tuesday and hopefully we can work out a deal on a 2011, they have three currently. Can anyone pm what they paid out the door for theirs?
Old 11-06-11, 04:14 PM
Sango
Pole Position

1herm4,

Use www.truecar.com and mainly put the option your car has to see where the factory invoice price is for that particular car you're looking at. It would be one of your best references to see if you are getting a good deal or not.

Quick Reply: Luxury package vs. f sport package