A few pics.. My Civic and IS350

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-11, 11:29 PM
ChaseMX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joshuajj
What coils are you running on the IS?
Both cars are on Megan Racing EZ Streets.
Old 07-24-11, 11:31 PM
koksik
Lead Lap

Nice pair! In white they looks really good!
Old 07-25-11, 12:43 AM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Such a pair of very clean cars. Very Nice!
Old 07-25-11, 01:00 AM
k4fu
Lead Lap

loving the clean and simple look of your IS350!
Old 07-25-11, 01:35 AM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Both cars are clean, great job!
Old 07-25-11, 02:42 AM
rich250x
Pole Position

clean ek man!
Old 07-25-11, 06:27 AM
BamaIS
Driver

Love them both
Old 07-25-11, 07:45 AM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

looks great
Old 07-25-11, 11:10 AM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

Another Civic/IS owner...hooray! LOL

Just sold one of my other Civics and the '95 coupe remains. Both of yours are very clean...major props for that! So where's the money shots?
Old 07-25-11, 03:41 PM
nyis250
Driver School Candidate

Nice EK9. Those are a blast to drive.
Old 07-25-11, 03:45 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

great lookin cars, i love the civic, why would anyone hate on that, clean EK you got there, and its a hard to find white EK.
Old 07-25-11, 05:06 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

sell civic, sell IS. Get IS-F.
Win
Old 07-25-11, 05:34 PM
ChaseMX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CCJ22
sell civic, sell IS. Get IS-F.
Win
Lol.. trust me I thought about it..

I bought the civic a little over 2 years ago. I lucked out on it but it has a good story. Long but good.

It's a 98 civic DX (Has A/C and P/S). The Lady that I got it from had it given to her. Someone was passing through here and was on the freeway when it started to overheat. A shop told her it MIGHT be a head gasket but they didn't know for sure. Rather than go through the trouble to find out if it really was a head gasket she asked the lady working at the front desk of her hotel where she could donate a car. The lady said she would like to take it so she had it signed over to her then and there. I saw it the next day where it sat at the shop and asked about it. They told me what happened so I contacted the new owner. Told her I'd give her $500 for it and she took it. She never even saw the car and made $500 bucks. SO I'd say we both made out good.
I drove the car for a while and found out that it was the head gasket. I pulled the motor and trans and sold them as is for $400. I bought a wrecked Integra GSR and swapped the engine, tranny and brakes. Parted out the rest of the car and was basically about $1,000 ahead. I then stripped it down completely, bought all new 99-00 model OEM parts to bolt on to the shell. All new fenders, hood, bumpers, grill, weatherstripping, windshield, rear hatch glass, and a ton of clips from honda. And obviously the CTR headlights and OEM 99-00 tails. Then I stripped the paint and took it to a body shop and had the whole thing painted Champ white. I added all power windows, door locks, and mirrors. I had to build a whole new interior harness since the hatches are always only manual everything. I swapped the interior to the 99 setup so all the climate controls are power not mechanical. It has a Pioneer double din DVD player and high end components. I added a Jackson Racing Supercharger and is pushing about 245 whp and still gets 24mpg. That's all thanks to Corey Green at CG racing. Not as fast as it would be if it was turbo'd but this is how I wanted to do it. Its on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, has an Apex'i World Sport 2 exhaust, greddy header, custom intake and added high flow cat with another resonator. I'm almost 30 so it needs to be quiet. Which you wouldn't believe how quiet this thing is until I get on it. I'm in the process of doing the rest of the suspension and this winter the engine is coming out so I can repaint the engine bay and tuck the harness. I'm also going to end up replacing some interior pieces that aren't quite up to par.

Anway, like I said, a long story but all in all it has been a very fun project.
Old 07-25-11, 06:14 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice thanks for sharing
Old 07-25-11, 08:05 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ChaseMX
Lol.. trust me I thought about it..

I bought the civic a little over 2 years ago. I lucked out on it but it has a good story. Long but good.

It's a 98 civic DX (Has A/C and P/S). The Lady that I got it from had it given to her. Someone was passing through here and was on the freeway when it started to overheat. A shop told her it MIGHT be a head gasket but they didn't know for sure. Rather than go through the trouble to find out if it really was a head gasket she asked the lady working at the front desk of her hotel where she could donate a car. The lady said she would like to take it so she had it signed over to her then and there. I saw it the next day where it sat at the shop and asked about it. They told me what happened so I contacted the new owner. Told her I'd give her $500 for it and she took it. She never even saw the car and made $500 bucks. SO I'd say we both made out good.
I drove the car for a while and found out that it was the head gasket. I pulled the motor and trans and sold them as is for $400. I bought a wrecked Integra GSR and swapped the engine, tranny and brakes. Parted out the rest of the car and was basically about $1,000 ahead. I then stripped it down completely, bought all new 99-00 model OEM parts to bolt on to the shell. All new fenders, hood, bumpers, grill, weatherstripping, windshield, rear hatch glass, and a ton of clips from honda. And obviously the CTR headlights and OEM 99-00 tails. Then I stripped the paint and took it to a body shop and had the whole thing painted Champ white. I added all power windows, door locks, and mirrors. I had to build a whole new interior harness since the hatches are always only manual everything. I swapped the interior to the 99 setup so all the climate controls are power not mechanical. It has a Pioneer double din DVD player and high end components. I added a Jackson Racing Supercharger and is pushing about 245 whp and still gets 24mpg. That's all thanks to Corey Green at CG racing. Not as fast as it would be if it was turbo'd but this is how I wanted to do it. Its on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, has an Apex'i World Sport 2 exhaust, greddy header, custom intake and added high flow cat with another resonator. I'm almost 30 so it needs to be quiet. Which you wouldn't believe how quiet this thing is until I get on it. I'm in the process of doing the rest of the suspension and this winter the engine is coming out so I can repaint the engine bay and tuck the harness. I'm also going to end up replacing some interior pieces that aren't quite up to par.

Anway, like I said, a long story but all in all it has been a very fun project.
Alot of work. Well done. I know that wheel hop from the SC has to be giving you grief. I recall in my type-s that teeth rattling wheel hop. And tq steer pissed me off to no end. I finally sold my comptech SC, parted out, went RWD instead of FWD and am happy for once.
I do miss rowing through the gears though & hearing the SC whine like a typical woman.

Quick Reply: A few pics.. My Civic and IS350