jnguyen87
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VaisTech looks great and all but its so pricey
Old 02-16-11, 10:36 PM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

Also is the sound quality much better using these integration kits then using the aux jack? noticeably better? Or is the purpose of the integration kits really for the displays?

Originally Posted by jmaxey6622
I have the eBay Isimple it was the same price. Plug and play charges and displays txt all steering button functions work. works will my iPod iPhone3 and an iPhone 4
Old 02-16-11, 10:50 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jnguyen87
Also is the sound quality much better using these integration kits then using the aux jack? noticeably better? Or is the purpose of the integration kits really for the displays?
The quality is better, but most probably wouldn't notice a different.
Old 02-17-11, 06:50 AM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

the only problem i have with using the aux jack is that when i use it at the same time as the charging plug, i get this ringing sound the whole time they are both used together.
Old 02-17-11, 06:55 AM
nonopr01
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The intregration kit has a lot, a lot better sound quality than the Aux. The hissing sound you hear is because the electric current is not filter so you have the alternator sound in the Aux combine with charging.

I 100% recommend going to the Integration kit by far over the Aux.
Old 02-17-11, 07:26 AM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info nonopr01, definitely looking into it now. You said you were using the OEM ipod integration kit off of sewell. I wonder if your sound quality is good because its the OEM one. Will the ebay one sound just as good? the one on sewell is over 200 dollars isnt it? Im not looking to spend too much on this.

Originally Posted by nonopr01
The intregration kit has a lot, a lot better sound
quality than the Aux. The hissing sound you hear is because the electric current is not filter so you have the alternator sound in the Aux combine with charging.

I 100% recommend going to the Integration kit by far over the Aux.
Old 02-17-11, 07:35 AM
nonopr01
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as the integration kit connects to you SAT connection on the back of your factory radio I will assume it will be as good as the factory.
Old 02-17-11, 07:52 AM
calvin2376
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What's the install look like on these integration kits that either plug into the CD or SAT input? What's involved?
Old 02-17-11, 08:03 AM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

im sure you have to take it apart. Remove the headunit so you can plug into the SAT radio plug in the rear im guessing?
Old 02-17-11, 09:11 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

the only problem i have with using the aux jack is that when i use it at the same time as the charging plug, i get this ringing sound the whole time they are both used together.
Yeah, It's a ground loop problem.. There's a TSIB to fix that for free under warranty.

Once that is fixed the AUX input (assuming you are using a dock to aux connector and not a headphone to AUX connector) should be exactly the same in quality as the integration kit because both are using a line level output from the source directed into the head unit.
Old 02-17-11, 10:55 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The iPod integration will ALWAYS be better quality then the aux port. The dock connector puts out a batter quality signal than the headphone jack.

I used aux before I picked up my oem iPod kit and it is a noticeable difference between the 2. I honestly believe this should have been a stock feature...
Old 02-17-11, 11:00 AM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

Sorry, not sure i totally understand what you mean by the dock. I just use a 3.5mm jack on both ends. One to goes to the input in the arm rest and the other end to the headphone input on the ipod.

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Yeah, It's a ground loop problem.. There's a TSIB to fix that for free under warranty.

Once that is fixed the AUX input (assuming you are using a dock to aux connector and not a headphone to AUX connector) should be exactly the same in quality as the integration kit because both are using a line level output from the source directed into the head unit.
Old 02-17-11, 11:32 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
The iPod integration will ALWAYS be better quality then the aux port.
No it won't.

If you think it will, please explain why.

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
The dock connector puts out a batter quality signal than the headphone jack.
Absolutely.

Hence why you get a dock to aux cable and get the exact same quality as the ipod integration kit, which is doing the exact same thing.

Sorry, not sure i totally understand what you mean by the dock. I just use a 3.5mm jack on both ends. One to goes to the input in the arm rest and the other end to the headphone input on the ipod.
The dock is the thing in the bottom of the ipod, where the white cable from apple plugs into to connect to a USB port.

You'd want something that plugs into that, instead of the headphone jack.

The headphone jack is poor quality audio-out compared to the dock connector.

There's $5 cables on ebay that go direct from dock to aux... or if you want to do this AND charge at the same time there's some $30-50 kits from Belkin and others that offer both a 3.5" out from the dock and a power in via the dock.
Old 02-17-11, 11:54 AM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

Oh ok get it now. I didnt know that plug was called a "dock." Anyway so its the connection to the Ipod itself that makes a difference and not the connection to the vehicle, whether it be the aux or the integration(which uses the SAT).

Anyone else confirm this? I just want to make sure, before i either blow 50 bucks on that belkin cable(i need it to charge) or 100 on the integration kit. I just dont want to blow money on both.

Btw, it seems to me that most people just get the integration kit so they can control the ipod from the steering wheel or the nav screen itself.
Old 02-17-11, 12:05 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz

Absolutely.

Hence why you get a dock to aux cable and get the exact same quality as the ipod integration kit, which is doing the exact same thing.

The dock is the thing in the bottom of the ipod, where the white cable from apple plugs into to connect to a USB port.

You'd want something that plugs into that, instead of the headphone jack.

The headphone jack is poor quality audio-out compared to the dock connector.

There's $5 cables on ebay that go direct from dock to aux... or if you want to do this AND charge at the same time there's some $30-50 kits from Belkin and others that offer both a 3.5" out from the dock and a power in via the dock.

I didn't even know they had dock-aux cables!

But the plus side of iPod integration is abeing able to use the cars steering wheel controls. I dont want to have to take my eyes off the road to change the song

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone try this iPod Integration kit?