IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

got tricked by Jim Falk Lexus today, guess no IS350 for me afterall

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-11, 10:03 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to look at a 2009 nismo 370z, but not any nismo it was serial number 0001. The dealer was saying it was brand new- it had damage to both bumpers and 600 miles. But like I said if you are still interested in working something out I know someone in every department at keyes lexus from the porters to the general manager.
Old 02-05-11, 10:50 AM
DaCoynul
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would contact Lexus corporate and complain in writing. They are very interested in the customer service provided by their dealerships.
Old 02-05-11, 05:46 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

thanks for the replies. i just drove home my first Lexus today. i bought a 2011 IS250 fully loaded from Peter Kang of Glendale Lexus recommended here on the forum. great guy to deal with, gave the lowest price i've seen without any hassle. mine is smokey granite gray with black interior. and by using my pre-approve Lexus Visa card on the down payment i already have $150 accumulated in my account go toward accessories (f-sport here i come lol). question for IS250 owners, does the f-sport intake provide noticeable power gain? also Peter mentioned there are some out of state (i'm in CA) dealers that sales f-sport parts cheap online, do any of you know which ones? thanks, brace yourself i like to ask a ton of questions.
Old 02-05-11, 06:18 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
thanks for the replies. i just drove home my first Lexus today. i bought a 2011 IS250 fully loaded from Peter Kang of Glendale Lexus recommended here on the forum. great guy to deal with, gave the lowest price i've seen without any hassle. mine is smokey granite gray with black interior. and by using my pre-approve Lexus Visa card on the down payment i already have $150 accumulated in my account go toward accessories (f-sport here i come lol). question for IS250 owners, does the f-sport intake provide noticeable power gain? also Peter mentioned there are some out of state (i'm in CA) dealers that sales f-sport parts cheap online, do any of you know which ones? thanks, brace yourself i like to ask a ton of questions.

Congratulations on your new purchase- Im glad it all worked out for you.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but if you are hoping to make any power out of this car, you bought the wrong one.

Also, that website it sewellparts.com and I believe carson toyota might also have great prices.

Last edited by windex; 02-05-11 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-05-11, 06:35 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Originally Posted by windex
Congratulations on your new purchase- Im glad it all worked out for you.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but if you are hoping to make any power out of this car, you bought the wrong one.

Also, that website it sewellparts.com and I believe carson toyota might also have great prices.
i'm not looking for a huge power boost, didn't buy the car for hp, otherwise i would've kept my Evo X. it's more about state of mind that i at least have some performance parts in this car. my main target for modding this car will be the handling department. f-sport spring or maybe a set of coilover.
Old 02-05-11, 06:59 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on new Purchase... Definitely try Sewell, they are a vendor on this site, register with them for more discounts.
Old 02-05-11, 07:46 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Originally Posted by 516IS
Congrats on new Purchase... Definitely try Sewell, they are a vendor on this site, register with them for more discounts.
i don't see any IS parts on their sites, just parts for some older model Lexus.
Old 02-05-11, 09:54 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i don't see any IS parts on their sites, just parts for some older model Lexus.
Go here: http://is.sewellparts.com/index.php

Plenty of parts to keep you entertained.
Old 02-06-11, 10:05 AM
Duke02
Driver

Don't think there's anything you can do about it except spread the word if you think you were wronged. Make sure to keep it factual as to avoid libel/slander claims.

Best case, you could sue for breach of contract, but in that case, you'd have to demonstrate quantifiable damages, which would be hard and since you didn't have any paperwork to document it and they didn't run your card, it would be your word against theirs.

Maybe just chalk it up as a cheap (free) lesson not to trust that dealer's practices. Better that then to get ripped off on repair work in the future.
Old 02-06-11, 10:54 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Originally Posted by Duke02
Don't think there's anything you can do about it except spread the word if you think you were wronged. Make sure to keep it factual as to avoid libel/slander claims.

Best case, you could sue for breach of contract, but in that case, you'd have to demonstrate quantifiable damages, which would be hard and since you didn't have any paperwork to document it and they didn't run your card, it would be your word against theirs.

Maybe just chalk it up as a cheap (free) lesson not to trust that dealer's practices. Better that then to get ripped off on repair work in the future.
no harm no foul, i was over it the same day. they didn't charge my credit card. i just wanted to vent about the practice of that particular sales person and that particular dealer. suing never even crossed my mind.
Old 02-06-11, 11:36 AM
Duke02
Driver

no harm no foul, i was over it the same day. they didn't charge my credit card. i just wanted to vent about the practice of that particular sales person and that particular dealer. suing never even crossed my mind.

Sorry, just saw the rest of the thread. Congrats on the new car. Enjoy it that much more
Old 02-06-11, 10:24 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

My post in this thread sums up what I think about Jim Falk Lexus...
Originally Posted by javyLSU
I went through the same thing at this very dealership 2 years ago, and I'm sorry to hear things haven't changed. I have yet to meet anyone at Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills who isn't a pompous *****, in sales or service. I guess if you're not Nicholas Cage or Lindsey Lohan, they don't care about you... The only reason I ever set foot in that place was because they were literally 2 blocks from my apartment last year. I'm very happy to hear you found someone to provide you with the service you deserve elsewhere...
Javier
Old 02-07-11, 09:27 AM
mj0723
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. It's really good to see that you ended up with a Lexus for all you've being through. BTW, his last name is spelled "Kong", not "Kang". But yeah, he's a very cool guy to deal with. He sold me the IS-F for the price that no other dealerships can match in 3 different states.
Old 02-07-11, 10:20 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

time to get another honest dealer...glad to hear that you got what you wanted!

Last edited by kickin8; 02-07-11 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-11-11, 07:07 PM
berryberry
Driver School Candidate

I've dealt with Jim Faulk a bunch of times. I actually bought my first is300 from them years ago. I've lived in LA for a while and I've been to pretty much every Lexus dealer from to Newport to Valencia. I have found the the worst dealers are Keys in Van Nuys, Santa Monica, and Jim Faulk in BH. Just for example, Vista in woodland hills charges about 55 bucks for an oil change whereas if you call SM or BH it's north of 120. I bet I know who you dealt with over there. If you want some advice feel free to hit me up.

BB