IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bumper damage question

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-11, 01:30 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bumper damage question

I am having a bad bad day because of the house painting experience from Hell. The worst part is that today they backed their trailer into my car and this is the damage. Any ideas if the bumper will have to be replaced, do they usually have to blend panels when they spray a bumper?

Thanks!
Old 01-18-11, 01:52 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

take it to the body shop, let them estimate the damage. I would replace the whole bumber and add some kit on it..
Old 01-18-11, 02:07 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh my. Glacier Frost....

Where ever you take it, make sure they use the proper paint code for Lexus and do the proper stages in the right order while painting. Do not let them "match" the paint.

I didn't buy a GFM because I saw the terrible paint match someone did. They even offered to paint it over but admitted there would be no promises.
Old 01-18-11, 02:25 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Oh my. Glacier Frost....
OMGF is right... the only negativity with this color is that its really hard to match... from the pics, i dont think you really need to get a new bumper... the bodyshop may just take the dents out and have the whole bumper repainted. since its your bumper, im thinkin the front end of the fenders or all of the fenders may need to be repainted to match from the sides and the hood... but the one repainting your car should know more... glacier frost mica is a hard color to match.... goodluck though and let me know how the end result is... i had to go through a repainting process myself with my starfire pearl. goodluck
Old 01-18-11, 03:18 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Oh my. Glacier Frost....

Where ever you take it, make sure they use the proper paint code for Lexus and do the proper stages in the right order while painting. Do not let them "match" the paint.

I didn't buy a GFM because I saw the terrible paint match someone did. They even offered to paint it over but admitted there would be no promises.
Well this isn't my first time with repainting a GFM, unfortunately. My 2007 lost the whole passenger side and the certified bodyshop matched it up nearly perfect. It is a lease that is up in October so I guess I will live.
Old 01-18-11, 03:20 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by crazybuggy
OMGF is right... the only negativity with this color is that its really hard to match... from the pics, i dont think you really need to get a new bumper... the bodyshop may just take the dents out and have the whole bumper repainted. since its your bumper, im thinkin the front end of the fenders or all of the fenders may need to be repainted to match from the sides and the hood... but the one repainting your car should know more... glacier frost mica is a hard color to match.... goodluck though and let me know how the end result is... i had to go through a repainting process myself with my starfire pearl. goodluck
Thanks! I am hoping they can do it without blending because I have a clear bra and I don't want them to have to remove the whole thing. I will let everyone know how it goes.
Old 01-18-11, 04:53 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A body shop can fix that easy!