IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

CHECK VSC, ABS, TRAC - NO CEL > Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-10, 05:27 AM
rtk126
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris06IS
I think it can be from different things but I had the same thing going on with my IS250 and finally brought it to the stealership and they said it was a bad/faulty brake sensor of some type luckily it was only $150 out the door and it has not come on since.
One more question - When you were getting this problem, did it only happen once in a while, or was it on full-time?

Thanks.
Old 03-12-10, 05:39 AM
rukkus2IS
Lead Lap

When I installed my HID, I disconnect the air filter box and when I reconnected it and started my car, the check VSC light was on. I disconnected the battery, press the brakes 10 times and reconnected the battery and the check VSC light was gone. I don't know if that was the normal procedure for that but my friend told me to do it and it worked.
Old 03-12-10, 09:52 AM
Chris06IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rtk126
One more question - When you were getting this problem, did it only happen once in a while, or was it on full-time?

Thanks.
It was very intermittent just like you describe with no ryhme or reason it would just turn on and if I shut the car off the lights would go off when restarted. I also did not notice any change in performance when the lights came on while driving. Let me know if you have other questions.
Old 03-12-10, 10:18 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what a strange thing
Old 03-12-10, 11:10 AM
rtk126
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Chris06IS
It was very intermittent just like you describe with no ryhme or reason it would just turn on and if I shut the car off the lights would go off when restarted. I also did not notice any change in performance when the lights came on while driving. Let me know if you have other questions.
Well since you offered:

1.) I looked up that part number, it is a Stop Lamp Switch Assy. Do you know where the dealership did the work on your car? Was it somewhere along the steering column or near the brake pedal assembly?

2.) Your problem seems to be exactly the same as mine. Such a weird issue! Anyway, you said since the dealership replaced that part, you haven't had the problem again...so, how long ago did they do the fix for you?

Really appreciate the info. Some of these issues get ridiculously frustrating on such a nice car.

Thanks.

Last edited by rtk126; 03-12-10 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-12-10, 11:15 AM
rtk126
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
what a strange thing
haha i know, it's such a weird thing to happen. Everything seems fine except the indicator lights come up and you don't have abs or trac if you were to need it.
Old 03-12-10, 11:19 AM
rtk126
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rukkus2IS
When I installed my HID, I disconnect the air filter box and when I reconnected it and started my car, the check VSC light was on. I disconnected the battery, press the brakes 10 times and reconnected the battery and the check VSC light was gone. I don't know if that was the normal procedure for that but my friend told me to do it and it worked.
For mine, all I have to do is pull over, turn the car off, turn it back on and thats it! Everything clears and I am back on my way.
Old 03-12-10, 02:12 PM
eboot
Driver

My salvaged IS had all the same warning lights except for the BRAKE. One of the ABS sensors (aka wheel speed sensor) was ripped off, as soon as I replaced it, all the lights disappeared.

My warning lights were always on, and not intermittent like yours. The fact that your issue is intermittent, makes it very weird.
Old 03-14-10, 09:33 AM
Chris06IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well since you offered:

1.) I looked up that part number, it is a Stop Lamp Switch Assy. Do you know where the dealership did the work on your car? Was it somewhere along the steering column or near the brake pedal assembly?

2.) Your problem seems to be exactly the same as mine. Such a weird issue! Anyway, you said since the dealership replaced that part, you haven't had the problem again...so, how long ago did they do the fix for you?

Really appreciate the info. Some of these issues get ridiculously frustrating on such a nice car.

Thanks.
Sorry was out of town a couple days....
1. I am really not sure where they did the work, I did not ask too many questions when I heard the price I was expecting some crazy $500 plus estimate to fix.
2. I had it done about 4 months ago and no light has come on since....yeah it is really weird, it drove me nuts thats why I finally broke down and went to the dealership.
Good luck hope it is the same issue so you can get it fixed pretty cheap even at the stealership!!!
Old 06-01-11, 11:22 AM
JBasco20
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CHECK VSC, ABS, TRAC - NO CEL:

Guys, I need your thoughts on this. I have an 06' IS350 (Navi, 18" OEM Wheels, No ML, etc). Anyway, for a few months now and very intermittently (1 or maybe 2 times a month) I will get a set of warning lights as shown below. This includes Check VSC, ABS, TRAC, and BRAKE (CRUISE was already on in this pic).

Attachment 167106

I have had this happen in all sorts of configurations such as headlights on/off, cruise on/off, stereo on/off, A/C on/off, etc. The only thing common about these occurrences is that it always seems to happen either on the highway or right after getting off the highway. When it happens, I don't notice any degraded engine performance at all.

During the most recent episode, I pulled in to a parking lot to test if indeed I had no ABS or TRAC. I did a quick acceleration followed by a stomp on the brakes. I notice I was able to squeal the tires in the back easily and then during the very hard stop I noticed no ABS feedback whatsoever.

After every instance of this weird problem, everything goes away if I turn the car off and back on again. I am familiar with the gas cap issues (which do give a CEL), but I strongly feel this is something else.

I have no idea how to address this and would really appreciate some thoughts/advice if anyone knows anything at all.

Thanks!
I am having the same problem with my 06 GS430 did anyone ever find a resolution to this issue?????
Old 04-11-12, 11:56 AM
smallhan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JBasco20
I am having the same problem with my 06 GS430 did anyone ever find a resolution to this issue?????
Same here! I had all those lights up when I made a sudden brake or try to reverse my car against a downhill. Besides this issue, sometimes I have to press the brake hard to have the start button turn green. As I mentioned in the other thread, I totally think this is a sensor issue.
Old 04-11-12, 12:31 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I'm 99% sure you have a disconnected speed sensor. Look at the inside of the center of the hub, near the steering knuckle. There's a harness that should be plugged in - if it isn't, or any of the wires are disconnected you'll get ABS, TRAC, Check VSC and more. That's the first place I would look.

Javier
I think Javy answered the question for the OP.
I had the same issue after replacing my rotors. The ABS light is usually a sensor going bad. I had accidentally nudged the front driver speed sensor when i had replaced the rotors. During the course of a week i had the lights come up on the dash for ABS and the other mentioned. I tested the driver and passenger sensors by pressing them in and slightly pulling on them just to see if the light would come on or if the wire had been pulled from the plug. Checked out that the wires to the plug were pulled just enough that the connection was not 100%. i soldered the wire back on to the plug for the meantime and stopped experiencing the lights appearing while i placed the order for the part. Haven't had the issue come back.
Hopefully that helps a little