HELP!! Ipod aux jack/cable

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 03:31 PM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=Kurtz;4774169]
Originally Posted by evotolexus

That includes a charger, which for some reason he doesn't want.
I don't want the charger sticking out of either of the cigarette lighters. With 14 hours on a charge, I plan to charge the iPod at night.
Old 09-27-09, 10:34 PM
98023IS250
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so, where does one plug the AUX cable to in the 07 IS250 AWD? Is there a plug in somewhere in the car?
Old 09-27-09, 10:48 PM
98023IS250
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks a bunch...
Old 09-27-09, 11:11 PM
yOyOYoo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iKenn
What year do you have? On my 08, the AUX audio volume is different from the radio and CD volume. When I switch from AUX back to radio, it goes to the volume that I last had the radio volume at.
I have an 09. I gotta try this again I suppose... When I switch to AUX, i need to really crank the volume UP, then it stays at the volume, and when I switch to radio, it stays at this super loud volume. I've only done it once or twice though and I am very cautious about turning the AUX volume way down before switching to Radio now.
Old 09-28-09, 01:40 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hated the aux input in the center console. You cant close the console unless you happen to have a mini-plug that will clear it when closed. Mine got all messed up. I had purchased an ipod integration kit which charges the ipod, lets you use steering wheel controls and displays track info. I'd say that's the way to go
Old 06-22-10, 08:06 PM
uenvyflac
Rookie

Is there anyone getting interference from running the IPOD through the AUX connection? If so, how do you fix it?!
Old 06-22-10, 08:15 PM
MBTC
Pole Position

I'm getting a new IS 250 soon. Does the AUX jack work with any portable player via the headphone jack or does it only work with iPod? I'd like to use my XMP3i (portable satellite) with it.

Yes I know, why not just use the XM radio that comes with the car? Short answer is because I like recording content on the portable while its docked.. its like my Tivo for music. I will use the XM radio in the car itself for at least 90 days (free subscription) and if I think it's worth while I will look at combining my subscriptions with the portable and the car. But my main goal is to play the portable through the car stereo, even if I can't control it from the car stereo controls (that part I'm pretty sure cannot be done with anything but an iPod).
Old 06-23-10, 12:49 AM
ddts
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by uenvyflac
Is there anyone getting interference from running the IPOD through the AUX connection? If so, how do you fix it?!
There is a technical service bulletin for this that I had done to my car and it was all fixed. The dealership will fix it for free. Make sure they order the part before you go in and drop your car off or you might be stuck with a loaner for a few days.

See this thread for details.
Old 06-23-10, 02:11 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2007 has an aux jack?
Old 06-23-10, 04:16 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by panda327
2007 has an aux jack?
Yes, all years have the aux audio input jack.
Old 06-23-10, 06:54 AM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MBTC
I'm getting a new IS 250 soon. Does the AUX jack work with any portable player via the headphone jack or does it only work with iPod? I'd like to use my XMP3i (portable satellite) with it.

Yes I know, why not just use the XM radio that comes with the car? Short answer is because I like recording content on the portable while its docked.. its like my Tivo for music. I will use the XM radio in the car itself for at least 90 days (free subscription) and if I think it's worth while I will look at combining my subscriptions with the portable and the car. But my main goal is to play the portable through the car stereo, even if I can't control it from the car stereo controls (that part I'm pretty sure cannot be done with anything but an iPod).

The AUX input will work with any portable player with a headphone jack on the unit.

For the iPod cables, can anyone that has used the AUX Jack to 30-Pin jack on the iPod confirm it sounds significantly better? I just bought a Monster aux-to-headphone cable, and it sounds good but I have to jack the volume way up as compared to the radio, and if I can get better sound with a 30 Pin hookup than why not.
Old 06-23-10, 07:03 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lxslvr2500
oh i see. my cable has only one black line running across...hmm...do you guys recommend any specific cables or anything at radioshack is fine?
You're looking at a mono-mono mini plug, you need a stereo-stereo mini plug.
The difference will probably be minor, gold connectors might be a bight better than steel. I would not go nuts though.
Old 06-23-10, 09:29 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by E6BAV8R
The AUX input will work with any portable player with a headphone jack on the unit.

For the iPod cables, can anyone that has used the AUX Jack to 30-Pin jack on the iPod confirm it sounds significantly better? I just bought a Monster aux-to-headphone cable, and it sounds good but I have to jack the volume way up as compared to the radio, and if I can get better sound with a 30 Pin hookup than why not.
Yes, you get better sound from the dock connector than the headphone jack since it's a line-out rather than an already amped signal.
Old 06-23-10, 12:52 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by E6BAV8R
Yes, it sounds significantly better. In addition, you don't need to worry about the volume setting on iPod, as the dock connector has a fixed output level. Monster Cable aficionados may wince, but even the 99 cent cheapies on eBay work and sound fine. (though I'm sure they aren't very durable)
Old 06-23-10, 04:48 PM
IS-J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iKenn
What year do you have? On my 08, the AUX audio volume is different from the radio and CD volume. When I switch from AUX back to radio, it goes to the volume that I last had the radio volume at.
+1 I love this feature!!

Quick Reply: HELP!! Ipod aux jack/cable