IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help, with HID's, never seen this EVER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-09, 10:01 AM
pholt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, with HID's, never seen this EVER!!!

Ok I have put after-market HID's in EVERY car and motorcycle I have owned in the last 5 years. Same vendor, NO PROBLEMS.

put the h11 HID's in my IS250 last night all works great, but drove it home last night and the light is scattered all over the place????? This is a projector just like my wife's SI, which works phenomenal, but my Lexus is shining light on the side of the road. What gives?????

Is it because the bulb enters the side of the housing, All HID bulbs are the same with just a different figment ring. The HID bulb is Longer than the factor bulb, it seems like the light is not focused right????

How am I the only one with this?

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED.
Old 02-22-09, 10:19 AM
pholt
Driver School Candidate

Ok, guys sorry for the wasted thread, but a caution. Somehow, and I do not know how I put the lights in WRONG, being so tight in there, I guess i turned it in crooked and the bulb was crooked, and let me tell you what, IT IS NOT OFF BY MUCH BUT SURE WILL NOT WORK. I have no idea how I did that to two bulbs.
Old 02-22-09, 10:44 AM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

If the bulb is inserted incorrectly, you will have a terrible output with hotspots everywhere. Do you have pictures of your now corrected set up?

Another reason is that you are running HIDs in a halogen projector that is built to run halogen lights. The optics are not maximized for an HID setup. For this reason alone, you will not achieve output comparable to an OEM HID setup.

In addition, our projectors are also side entry as opposed to most other projector set ups. The reflector bowl is inferior to other better designed straight entry projectors

All projectors are not the same. Still, I'd like to see how your output looks with your now correctly inserted bulbs. Sometimes I feel as if my kit bulbs are aligned incorrectly as well, messing up the focal point on the lens.