IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

need advice on some mods! help please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-08, 02:09 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice on some mods! help please!

sup club lexus! im new to this whole car thing and basically i got an iS250AWD and i wna mod it op and i wna start off with my lights.

i have the stock HIDs with AFS which is pretty much an adaptive turning of the lights as your steering wheels turn over 30mph and i was wondering, if i upgrade to a 6000k HID set of bulbs, will that be possible with the current HID setup i have now or do i need to buy a whole new 6000k HID kit to replace the stock HID kit in which my car already has.

and if i do get a set of 6000k hid bulbs, will the AFS still work?
does anyone know where i can get a set of 6000K HIDs for an iS250AWD?

and also, daylight running lights, i want them to match with the 6000K HIDs so does anyone know where i can buy DRLs that match 6000k HIDs?

also, fog lights, would it be better to convert the regular halogens to HID fog lights or just get halogen bulbs that would match 6000k HID headlights?
im thinkin to just get regular halogen bulbs for my fog lights that match 6000k HID headlights but im not too sure. i wna hear from you guys and i wna know whot kind of fog lights you guys use, whether its halogens or HIDs.
would any of u know where i can get halogen bulbs that i can use for fog lights that would match 6000k HID headlights?

your help would be greatly appreciated. if you guys send me links to websites, it would be greatly appreciated as well if u can be specific with the website that has the information im asking for. PLEASE & THANKS!!!
Old 08-16-08, 02:33 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

yay! I get to help 'cause I'm bored out of my mind. wells you should do a search 'cause this has been told over and over again but then basically since you have the factory hid just change out the bulbs. it's just changing bulbs so basically it'll be stock with a different color. daytime running lights you can't really change it 'cause of the fact that it runs 50% of the volts. So I suggest you get the LED's that everyone else gets. fog lights get the hid kit. no bulb is really gonna match the hid's or just make the fogs YELLOW then you don't have to worry about matching the color but do a search
Old 08-16-08, 02:37 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

Originally Posted by DoHwan
yay! I get to help 'cause I'm bored out of my mind. wells you should do a search 'cause this has been told over and over again but then basically since you have the factory hid just change out the bulbs. it's just changing bulbs so basically it'll be stock with a different color. daytime running lights you can't really change it 'cause of the fact that it runs 50% of the volts. So I suggest you get the LED's that everyone else gets. fog lights get the hid kit. no bulb is really gonna match the hid's or just make the fogs YELLOW then you don't have to worry about matching the color but do a search
thanks a lot man! but what do u mean when u say "...daytime running lights you can't really change it 'cause of the fact that it runs 50% of the volts. So I suggest you get the LED's that everyone else gets...."
whot kind of LEDs are u talkin about?
please&thanks!

anymore help/advice or thoughts u guess can share?
Old 08-16-08, 02:45 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

I dunno what everyone else gets 'cause I never got them and I just stuck with the daytime running lights. You can change the little tiny light i believe 194 bulb while the headlight is on. If you're talking about that then just change it to whatever color you want. 194 bulbs are available everywhere. Also read this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=lightbulb
It'll help you out in what bulbs to buy
Old 08-16-08, 02:57 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

so for the DRLs i was thinkin about going with these ::

http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/P...id/0/SFV/32481

and the sidemarker for the DRLs, would this be the right LEDs ::

and with the 6000K HID bulb replacements, i was thinkin about goin with these ::

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Xtreme_HID.../xt-d4s-6k.htm

please correct me if those are wrong? please&thanks again!

Last edited by crazybuggy; 08-16-08 at 03:03 AM.
Old 08-16-08, 03:11 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

cool have fun
Old 08-16-08, 04:43 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by crazybuggy
so for the DRLs i was thinkin about going with these ::

and the sidemarker for the DRLs, would this be the right LEDs ::

and with the 6000K HID bulb replacements, i was thinkin about goin with these ::

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Xtreme_HID.../xt-d4s-6k.htm

please correct me if those are wrong? please&thanks again!
ur not wrong on any just want to point out that the xtreme bulbs for the hid are sold individually and thats 99.99 so x2 and u have close to 200. i suggest usin our CL sponsors vendors for the bulbs. MobileHID or XenonDepot. the day time running lights u might want to try wardenjp2002 on ebay half the price but will be like 1-2 weeks of shippin from australia. if u need help with installation check our lighting mods thread. u can do a search on that exact name and it should show up.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 08-16-08 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-16-08, 10:18 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

^^^ thanks man, ill look into searching those lighting mods and the DIY lighting mods
Old 08-17-08, 12:10 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

is there a DIY on replacing HIDs?
Old 08-17-08, 12:15 AM
Monkey250
Driver School Candidate

Yes, most of the DIY are in the DIY and FAQ thread. =)

Pretty useful, just take your time and make sure you read it thoroughly.

Happy Modding!