IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2009 IS facelift (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-08, 07:18 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hrm... now if they made some _nice_ 5-spokes, that'd be something... preferably priced a bit less insanely than the X-pac wheels...
Old 07-15-08, 07:25 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was hoping they would add VDIM to the 250 dont think i like turn signals in mirrors though.
Old 07-15-08, 07:36 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Turn signals in the side mirrors??? ROFL... they gonna be soooo CHEEP NOW and COMMON good thing i waited to buy them SUCKAAASSSS!!!

Last edited by llamaboiz; 07-15-08 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-15-08, 08:15 PM
deznium
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lenscap
Today I received the latest issue of Lexus magazine in the mail. On page 16 they talk about the 2009 Lexus SC Pebble Beach Edition and then have this to say about the 2009 IS:

"Also arriving soon: updates for the Lexus IS. Think turn signals in the side mirrors, a new front grille, 17- and 18-inch wheels, and fresh color options, plus Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) in the IS 250. Look for the 2009 IS in dealerships this September."

It doesn't say if these are all of the changes for 2009 or just some of them.
this is a very good sign, looks like the complete new redesign is going to be out in couple of years. I don't need to read a magazine to find that kind of detail I'm from Japan originally but was born and raised in the US and my uncle has been working for lexus from 1992 in Japan. He works in the senior level management and interacts a lot with the IS's chief Engineer. I just spoke with him on phone a few days back and according to him a new design is expected in 2 years, in 2010 as a 2011 model (I shouldn't be saying this here, but can't control myself!). He said the current IS is more like an experimental car and now Lexus has learned like crazy from this car. The next generation car is gonna be THE CAR, based on what he said and will also have improved interior space and steering feel. He didn't tell me anything more, I guess he's not sure if I'll go spreading stuff..LOL.. I can't wait now!!!! I own a IS300, will trade in when the next gen is out...guess it'll be worth 1K by then!
Old 07-15-08, 08:21 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deznium
He said the current IS is more like an experimental car and now Lexus has learned like crazy from this car. The next generation car is gonna be THE CAR, based on what he said and will also have improved interior space and steering feel. I can't wait now!!!! I own a IS300, will trade in when the next gen is out...guess it'll be worth 1K by then!
Okay, this is it...

Now you got my hope way up there so you better be right, if not I swear...

We'll see, I am planning on trading in my '06 2IS for a second-year 3IS anyways (learned my lesson about not to get the first year model) so I am crossing my fingers.
Old 07-15-08, 09:17 PM
BUST
Pole Position

Found the changes for the 09 guys.. it was posted here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=366068&page=2
Old 07-15-08, 09:47 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I WANT THE TRUFFLE MICA IS!!!
Old 07-15-08, 09:48 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

He said the current IS is more like an experimental car and now Lexus has learned like crazy from this car. The next generation car is gonna be THE CAR, based on what he said and will also have improved interior space and steering feel.
Really. So the next gen IS is going to be that much improved over the current gen IS . I can't wait to see it (To bad I'll have to wait 2-3 years!).
Old 07-15-08, 10:22 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

i hope the blue roof can be installed on a 06. tired of these black roofs.
Old 07-15-08, 11:08 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

this is a very good sign, looks like the complete new redesign is going to be out in couple of years. I don't need to read a magazine to find that kind of detail I'm from Japan originally but was born and raised in the US and my uncle has been working for lexus from 1992 in Japan. He works in the senior level management and interacts a lot with the IS's chief Engineer. I just spoke with him on phone a few days back and according to him a new design is expected in 2 years, in 2010 as a 2011 model (I shouldn't be saying this here, but can't control myself!). He said the current IS is more like an experimental car and now Lexus has learned like crazy from this car. The next generation car is gonna be THE CAR, based on what he said and will also have improved interior space and steering feel. He didn't tell me anything more, I guess he's not sure if I'll go spreading stuff..LOL.. I can't wait now!!!! I own a IS300, will trade in when the next gen is out...guess it'll be worth 1K by then!
How about confirming with your uncle if/when the coupe/convertible will be released?
Old 07-15-08, 11:16 PM
Mr.JPG
Pole Position

Old 07-15-08, 11:16 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Am i reading it correctly or are they deleting the X package from the 09 2IS?

Old 07-15-08, 11:25 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

got the magazine today too.....

I dont see any advantage for putting VDIM for IS250.......
Old 07-16-08, 02:35 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Sorry, not buying that at all. EVERY car maker and engineer says the exact same thing about their next model. This is standard business talk. They all have high hopes to make their next one "the best," but whether it actually comes to fruition or not is a whole other story. Again, every car maker talks high and makes it sound like the next one will be the one. They have to pump up the press and everyone else. History proves this. For example, they said the exact same thing about this IS... "the first one was the learning experience." It's all hype. Best to reserve judgement much closer to 2010 when details start leaking out.
Old 07-16-08, 02:56 AM
deznium
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Sorry, not buying that at all. EVERY car maker and engineer says the exact same thing about their next model. This is standard business talk. They all have high hopes to make their next one "the best," but whether it actually comes to fruition or not is a whole other story. Again, every car maker talks high and makes it sound like the next one will be the one. They have to pump up the press and everyone else. History proves this. For example, they said the exact same thing about this IS... "the first one was the learning experience." It's all hype. Best to reserve judgement much closer to 2010 when details start leaking out.
I agree with you on that. I do trust my uncle but he at the same time isn't supposed to tell others (including family members) about the inner-planning of their next models. So whenever I ask him about any Lexus car, he gives me a very general reply. I'm sure he 100% knows what's the next IS gonna be like, that's something I can attest to since he works and interacts with marketing groups, engineers, product managers etc. on a daily basis (being the technical marketing lead) and been working at Lexus for more than a decade now (16 years). I also don't interact with him on a daily basis so whenever we talk it's mainly on catching up and some car stuff. But what I said here is exactly what he told me the last time we spoke (and I know it's very general, but it's exciting!). I talked to him about the idea of buying the 2009 Lexus IS 350 and he recommended me to wait for 2 years, since the current design will be dated soon as well. As of now, mostly thinking of getting the second year model of 3IS.

My car is really dated big time, I have an IS300.

Quick Reply: 2009 IS facelift (merged threads)