IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250: Manual Eject for Nav DVD

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-10, 04:13 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm one of the ones who "put the wrong disc in" meaning put a pirated disc in, didn't burn it on DVD+R DL but instead DVD-R DL and i got the infinite read. disconnecting the batter for a couple minutes and reconnecting it, turning on to accessory mode prompted the car to read the dvd. the dvd read was almost near completion when my BLUETOOTH UNSUCCESSFUL banner finally went away and i was able to press the top right and left corners of the screen to get the disc to eject.

i then inserted my DVD+R DL only to get the "contact your dealer" screen. i apparently didn't close the disc properly so it was completely unreadable. the top left, bottom left, x2 process didnt' work for me so i disconnected again. reconnected and while it was reading the disc the top left bottom left x2 still didnt' work so i started rapidaly tapping the top right and top left and the disc ejected, i'm thinking i indadvertedly hit the top left and top right at the same time and that ejected it.

i'm not giving up, trying a different dvd burner and hacking away. yes, very hard headed.
Old 06-08-11, 04:43 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

this just happened to me and thanks for this thread. got the disc out and put back my original one.
Old 06-13-11, 06:28 AM
olmo
Driver School Candidate

@azmojo: I think you are right. Disconnecting the headunit from it's power supply seems to reset the unit and then allow the tap finger trick to eject the DVD.
Maybe it's even enough to disconnect the car battery for a minute to peform this method. This would save disassembling the dash board. Maybe the next person running into this issue can give this method a try.
Old 10-26-11, 11:03 PM
erub
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by olmo
@azmojo: I think you are right. Disconnecting the headunit from it's power supply seems to reset the unit and then allow the tap finger trick to eject the DVD.
Maybe it's even enough to disconnect the car battery for a minute to peform this method. This would save disassembling the dash board. Maybe the next person running into this issue can give this method a try.
I ran into this problem also. The disc was being continually read, showing me the driver warning screen, and then blank a second, and then back to driver warning screen whenever I tried to go to map or menu. Tapping the screen alone (all corners, varying combinations) did not work for me. I disconnected the negative terminal, waited one minute, reconnected it, and then turned the car to aux power..tried the two corner combos from this thread as fast as possible and viola the disc popped out! Thanks guys!
Old 12-10-11, 05:06 AM
Legato
Driver

Thanks for the info in this thread! For me pressing simoulateneously did not work, but tapping the top right, top left worked
Old 08-07-12, 04:50 PM
esMike
Driver School Candidate

Whew! Disconnecting negative terminal for a minute and reconnecting did it for me as well.
Was getting constant disc read. Disconnected neg terminal, waited a minute, reconnected, waited until Bluetooth message completed and then hit the upper left-lower left twice......Voila! Disk Ejection

Thanks to those for the earlier posts.
Old 04-27-13, 06:44 AM
joedr
Rookie

Mine worked with top left and top right on the contact dealer screen.
Old 07-18-14, 10:41 PM
mlynchtx
Driver School Candidate

Default Manual Eject = tap Top Left corner then tap Top Right corner

Confirmed it... and easy!
Old 08-23-21, 10:48 AM
Jstar27
Driver School Candidate

This worked, thanks guys.. I own 2008 Lexis IS250 AWD. I purchased an updated Navi.dvd from ebay version 18..however, was not aware about Gen. type!!! which was Gen 6.. when I installed it dvd went into a high spin and screen flickering. did not show "contact lexus dealer" all function buttons also did not work.
I disconnected the negative terminal from my battery for 1 min. reconnected, did not start the car but pressed twice to Acc. dvd flickered and spun up then
displayed "contact lexus dealer". auto ejected the dvd, did not have to touch corners. I did learn my version dvd is Gen. 5 Navi. 16.1. Lexus has not updated
I honestly don't think they will.

Glad I found this blog, thanks for the advice.. appreciate saving the money not taking it to a dealer.