IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lost my key fob, Part II - It was found! But something's fishy...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-08, 01:42 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost my key fob, Part II - It was found! But something's fishy...

Okay, so two weeks ago, I posted about how I misplaced my key fob while at work:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=354930

Let me also say that I'm a teacher at an elementary school.

To make a long story short, one of the Preschool teachers texted me just now saying that she found my key.

Awesome. Right?

First, I have to get back into work in about an hour and check to make sure it's mine. But she says she's sure it's it.

There's something weird about the situation, though.

See, she says she found it in the first-aid bag that goes outside with a teacher when kids go to play on a playground.

Uh, what?

Here's the thing. I lost the key in a span of only two hours... sometime between 7am and 9am. By 9am, I had retraced all of my steps and gone to every spot possible, and it was nowhere to be found. And trust me, it wasn't just overlooked or something. It just simply wasn't where I'd been.

I also had the entire school searching for it with a reward to any kid who could find it, or tell me who had it. I also stated that no one would get in trouble, and that I wouldn't even ask any questions. I said I'd simply give $5 for the key.

For two weeks, kids looked everywhere. I mean, to a kid, $5 is everything. I had kids coming up to me constantly asking if anyone had found it yet, and still nothing.

All of my coworkers know that I was missing it, and I showed them my backup one so that they'd know what it looked like in case they found it.

So how did it mysteriously wind up in the first-aid bag?

First of all, the bag's probably been used at least a dozen times since I lost my key. Which means the key somehow wound up in the bag on Friday.

Kids don't have access to the bag, and every staff member is a close friend of mine and knows I was missing it.

See what I mean?

First thing's first... I'll have to make sure it is in fact my key. But if it is, wtf?
Old 05-27-08, 01:50 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did you pee in someones cheerios? j/k..I dont know. I guess you have to make sure its your key first
Old 05-27-08, 01:54 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got a cockroach in the school's staff...
Old 05-27-08, 01:55 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

That's weird? One of the teachers that drives a minivan found your fob and wanted to take your car out for a joy ride when you weren't looking.
Old 05-27-08, 02:08 PM
LIS350A
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone found it, didn't want the $5, so they put it where it would be safe and found soon?

They are only close friends until you get a Lexus on the same salary.
Old 05-27-08, 02:08 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Does every teacher look in the bag every time they take it out with them?
Old 05-27-08, 02:15 PM
is250omer
Rookie

at this point, just be glad you got you key back & save alot of $$$...try not to be so suspicious of your fellow co-workers & get on with your life...sometimes teachers have too much time on their hands,lol.
Old 05-27-08, 02:35 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

I am so sorry but you just be happy it is possibly found instead being even more paranoid. Maybe someone found it (a teacher or student), and like I said in the other thread, just didn't care enough but instead of leaving it in the floor where they found it just happened to pick it up and tossed it in the bag. Sometimes, things like that just happens and you can't go around in life analyzing every little detail and wondering how each things fits in with the other. Just be relieved that you don't have to spend money to solve the problem and you save $5 from a student who turns it in. Savvy? (sorry, too much Pirates of the Caribbean on cable this weekend)
Old 05-27-08, 06:27 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

that's weird so the bags have been carried around in 2 weeks and someone just found it today? where in the bag is your key found? you gotta ask that too..

but yea..you should be happy that your key is back. no big deal though..just becareful with your personal belongings next time..
Old 05-27-08, 07:13 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Be glad you found your key. If the car seems unscathed just assume that it just got lost in the shuffle. Last week I misplaced the dealer's key to the loaner! I couldn't get home, get back to the dealer I was going crazy. They were going to send someone with another key (about 20 minutes away), but at the last minute I did find the key. Phew!
Old 05-27-08, 07:19 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Reyngel
For two weeks, kids looked everywhere. I mean, to a kid, $5 is everything. I had kids coming up to me constantly asking if anyone had found it yet, and still nothing.
LOL. The idea of having an entire school of kids searching for your 2IS key is hilarious.

As long as you have the key back, who cares?
Old 05-27-08, 07:32 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

I wouldn't relax so easily. I think it's obvious that there's a conspiracy at work here. I wouldn't trust anybody at school, and don't talk to anybody about this. This conspiracy might go all the way up to the Superindendent. It's obvious that the PTA has already been compromised and that your car is no longer safe... I think the $5 blood money that you put off has set off a chain of events that cannot be stopped. May you one day find peace...
Old 05-27-08, 07:54 PM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

by any chance did your car mysteriously accumalate more mileage? Hope someone didn't go for a joyride while you were working....kinda like that Ferris Bueller episode when the valet guys took the Ferrari for a spin....and a launch too :O)
Old 05-27-08, 07:57 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Okay, so, it was my key. And yes, I am happy to have it back.

So, the bag... I had already gone through that bag like a dozen times. And yes, teachers look in the bag before going out, everytime.

Even my director was like "Yeah... it's very... weird... that it's all of a sudden in the bag."

But whatever.
Old 05-27-08, 08:00 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Another thought: perhaps whoever found it threw it in the bag anonymously to avoid the suspicion they thought would follow if they came up to you directly and announced they had found the fob. I'm not saying you did, but based on what you described, it seems like perhaps the DEFCON level was raised a bit for this situation.

I agree about just being happy that the fob is back in your possession and consider it case closed.

sirkfc--LOL!

Quick Reply: Lost my key fob, Part II - It was found! But something's fishy...