IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Acura RSX Type-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-08, 10:40 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came from an Acura GSR. Similar to the Type S. Might be selling the 2IS for an STI soon. Lex is a bit boring for me.
Old 02-15-08, 11:01 PM
ONEdirty23
Pole Position

I actually came from a GS-R swapped Civic, which I still use as my daily, and my fiance drives an 06 RSX-S. I like both cars, but of course I prefer driving my Lex over her RSX any day. Although I love the revability of the K20, it just doesn't compare to the power/torque of my IS, but its nice to have the ability to switch it up every now and then!
Old 02-15-08, 11:42 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

didnt have rsx but i did have a honda... s 2 gay.... which means s2k...
Old 02-16-08, 12:15 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by termigator
One of my previous cars was a 96' Prelude VTEC. I still own it. Yeah, my IS350 is faster, more luxurious and much more comfortable for long trips. However, the IS can't touch the Prelude in handling. I feel so much more connected to the road when I drive the Prelude. Steering feel is far superior. And yeah, it's much better looking too. Yeah, yeah, just my opinion. My three kids like it better too though. Every morning when I take them to school in the IS, they keep bugging me to take them in the Prelude.
You're kidding right? MUCH better looking? When it comes to looks the new IS makes a 96 prelude looks like complete (_|_). Say what you want about the steering feel.. i had a mazda speed protege and that thing is way better than any prelude and of course the lex when it comes to handling and having connected feel but I certainly don't prefer driving it to the lex on a daily basis. Maybe I'm just getting older.
Old 02-16-08, 08:14 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

The RSX-S must be a gateway vehicle.

My last car was a 330i; The IS is a step down in handling, rear seat space, paint quality, interior fit, 'fun-factor' and front seat sport ergonomics, but a step up in comfort, gadgets, speed, reliability and interior finish. All things considered, I would say the IS was a step over for me.
Old 02-16-08, 08:25 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I came from an 05 1/2 Audi S4. So a different beast all together. I enjoy the gas mileage on the IS!! I do miss the handling and the manual trans that we cant get in the 350. unlike many on hear my Audi was no troubles to me and never in the shop. I beat that thing all the time and it was a very solid car. I think my next car will put me back into a BMW or an Audi. Our Lexus is very nice in ways that the other 2 are not like FiveOhNime mentioned above. Its been a nice change of pace
Old 02-16-08, 10:46 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its funny how everyone says how they miss standard trans, my is350 is the FIRST automatic/4 door car i've ever bought, yes my midlife car is a 4dr automatic sedan and i love it
Old 02-16-08, 11:16 AM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexo350
Your kidding right. I would do circles around Type R's. And the 350 does 13's all day everyday not 15's.

That is a supra on your sig right.
The IS350 can do a 13 stock. My point of the post was the car was an upgrade. It can also do a 15 if you're not trying. I just needed a daily that did a 13 ET. The 9's are for the supra in my sig and everyone knows that can't be a daily driver. You get guys mentioning all the time they daily their 9 sec supra but they have multiple cars and don't drive it. My IS350 sees 60 miles everyday to and from work.

Yeah, your type-S maybe faster than the type-Rs you've come across. The type-Rs were faster and better cars that the RSX type S. I worked for Acura for 5 years and everyone agreed to it. The RSX models were in for repairs all the time.

My 90 DA out does the DC2-R or the DC5. Heck that car out handles the IS350 with the sport suspension (since I have the crappy Turanza ER33 from factory). I'm hoping the F-sport sways and custom front lower ball joint spacers will make the difference there. If not the HKS hypermax III should be the ticket.

Thanks for the thumbs up. I'll hopefully have pics of the supra's progress up someday.

To guys who posted the Lexus is boring, you guys should've purchased the options for the ML audio, Navigation, Radar cruise, Park assist and ofcourse not the IS250. I know those options are expensive together. If you've purchased the IS350 w/o those upgrades the car would be rather plain looking and not much of an exctement as far as luxury is concerned. If you have future uprade plans that understandable. But then again you will always never have enough.
Old 02-16-08, 11:42 AM
JensBoo
Pole Position

I had the Rsx-s rival, a Celica. I loved that car, but my carpal tunnel in my right wrist has been getting really bad and shifting a short shifter was getting tough. Someday, when I can afford to, I want to get a Celica again as a fun car, although this time I won't put on a SS.

Plus I love all the new features to play with especially heat AND cooled seats (an arizona dream!!)
Old 02-16-08, 11:53 AM
GordoNx3o9
Pole Position

No comparison, cuz I've been eating RSX type S for breakfast.
Old 02-16-08, 05:52 PM
is350
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by i3urton
didnt have rsx but i did have a honda... s 2 gay.... which means s2k...

you're kidding about the s 2 gay right? the s2k is the only honda i would pick over the is350
Old 02-16-08, 06:32 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by is350

you're kidding about the s 2 gay right? the s2k is the only honda i would pick over the is350
I'd take an NSX....

s2k would be a fun track car, but too small for anything useful. You've really got to slam the engine to get anything out of it.
Old 02-16-08, 07:54 PM
JensBoo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PorSiempre
I came form a '90 Celica GT also.
Wow that's dedication to keep a car that long! My Celica was an 03'. I miss it dearly, but the IS is better in almost every way.
Old 02-16-08, 07:57 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an Integra GS-R prior to buying my 350. I do miss using a real clutch pedal and hearing the engine rev up to 8K. What I don't miss is the small back seat and having people concort to get back there. I think there was a little more exclusivity having that car, but was always on the radar of car theives.
Old 03-27-08, 10:48 PM
thisisj0
Driver

haha i wish i still had my 94 ceilica sometimes. put 210k miles on that baby and the only thing i had replaced was a radiator at 170k. Seriously i wish i never gave her up. now that i look at it i dont think i had too i just wanted a bigger down on my is350

Quick Reply: Acura RSX Type-S